DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #2,777 of 14,084
  Yeah, if you rely on first impression, size is the first thing you notice, I think it is borderline. I would think it is more hand portable than pocket portable. Go and measure your regular commuting pant pockets and see if you can put it in. Mine are a lot smaller and I know it won't fit hence I am looking for a holster instead.

I've just been looking into a holster as well and I think the Crumpler TUFT will fit the bill perfectly.

Small water resistant holster with both a carabina and a belt loop. The Medium size is perfect for just a DAP with room to store your IEM's in the 2 mesh SD card holders. The larger size will accommodate a double stack with the DAP and a portable amp plus it'll have a bit of height left over for the plugs/cables. Also has 2 mesh pockets for IEM storage.

MEDIUM: http://www.crumpler.com/au/camera-bags-straps/tuft-m
LARGE: http://www.crumpler.com/au/camera-bags-straps/tuft-l
They're out of stock atm, but you should be able to find them online elsewhere.

*Edit: I've been using a Crumpler messenger bag almost daily for about 5 years. It's been overseas with me, on the motorbike, bicycles etc through all sorts of weather and although it's starting to show signs of use, there's is not a single loose stitch anywhere on it. I absolutely can not fault the quality of Crumpler gear. Solid 10/10.

Apr 12, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #2,778 of 14,084
I ordered on 9 april . No tracking info yet:rolleyes:
Is this normal guys?
mad.gif

I ordered yesterday and iBasso emailed me at 3am Pacific time that I would get my tracking number Monday - so I'm good with it.

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #2,780 of 14,084
I just LOVE the idea that this little thing will be able to drive my IEMs properly without an amp. Sure I can get my iPhone or iPod Classic loud enough to hurt, but the idea is to bring out the best from these cans - and sheer volume is not the object.

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #2,781 of 14,084
Ordered Thursday evening, email from Ibasso today to say will be sent tomorrow with tracking ref on Monday.  Hopefully be here by Friday.

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #2,782 of 14,084
Looking at the tracking info DHL has on their website,

It seems like iBasso booked for item pick up today, so the DX90 will probably be picked up on Monday.. hence likely to be delivered Wednesday (based in UK)..

Does anyone know if I need cash handy in case I need to pay for duty? or they take cards?

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #2,783 of 14,084
Hello all,
Reading all these posts announcing "Order mine" ... "just received my tracking number"...
...I'll order mine this week-end from a reseller who has a ship coming...
L3000.gif

Hope to get it in 7-10 days
biggrin.gif

My W40 should be happy !

MGMC

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #2,784 of 14,084

It seems like iBasso booked for item pick up today, so the DX90 will probably be picked up on Monday.. hence likely to be delivered Wednesday (based in UK)..

Does anyone know if I need cash handy in case I need to pay for duty? or they take cards?

Ibasso normally mark as a usb soundcard, I've had a dx100, dx 50 and a couple of amps over the years and not had to pay any taxes. 

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #2,785 of 14,084
  The functions of the M are fine with me as I only need Portable DAPs to be that. When it gets too large to be portable enough, it might not fly. Doesn't matter how good it sounds if I can't comfortably use it. The M looks rather borderline in size and for me, closer to too large.

I agree that size is something DAP makers need to be careful about, for customers who truly wish to walk around with their DAP in their pocket (and iBasso appear to have got it relatively 'right' with the DX50/90.   The DX100 was just way too bulky for me to use in my trouser/jeans pocket).

Perhaps you could contribute your opinion to James, re' the X7, here and here.

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #2,787 of 14,084

If you're required to pay duty, DHL will accept cash or credit card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back