DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 7, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #2,194 of 14,084
No

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #2,196 of 14,084
I just cancelled my pre-order on the X5 to hop on the DX90 train.  I'm very partial to the DX50/DX90 design with the big buttons/touch screen.  There's limited information available on the iBasso website on this product so I have 2 questions:
1. Can this DAP be used as a USB DAC?  I remember reading somewhere that it did have USB DAC support, but I don't see this on their website.
2. Does the coaxial out serve as a line-out that bypasses the amp section?  

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #2,197 of 14,084
  I just cancelled my pre-order on the X5 to hop on the DX90 train.  I'm very partial to the DX50/DX90 design with the big buttons/touch screen.  There's limited information available on the iBasso website on this product so I have 2 questions:
1. Can this DAP be used as a USB DAC?  I remember reading somewhere that it did have USB DAC support, but I don't see this on their website.

1. yes, later FW update will support this
2. I will leave this Question to the more knowledgable

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #2,199 of 14,084
Also new to the forum.

Im so excited to get this unit- looks like it will do almost everything I've wanted a portable DAP to do.

Question: Ive never used any iBasso products- when I get the micro sd card for it, can I simply drag and drop flac folders onto it, and have the DX90 recognize them, or is there some other process?

Thanks so much,

Andy K

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #2,200 of 14,084
  Also new to the forum.

Im so excited to get this unit- looks like it will do almost everything I've wanted a portable DAP to do.

Question: Ive never used any iBasso products- when I get the micro sd card for it, can I simply drag and drop flac folders onto it, and have the DX90 recognize them, or is there some other process?

Thanks so much,

Andy K

Just drag and drop your FLAC folders. It will work with all the formats of SD cards. Use an external card holder though, too long doing it with the card in the DX90. 

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #2,201 of 14,084
Drag and drop, scan and enjoy the sound of heaven.

Also new to the forum.

Thanks so much,

Andy K

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #2,202 of 14,084

1. It seems that for the moment, it will not be able to be used as a USB DAC. However, iBasso have stated many times that they want to bring the feature to the DX50 & DX90, so it could be added soon.

2. The Coaxial out is a digital output, so you can hook it up to an external DAC.

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #2,203 of 14,084
thanks for the info. I have been using my iPad with the Fostex HP-P1, which has been great- but I'm losing some resolution due to the iPads limited digital output. Ive got a rewired pair of Beyerdynamic T5s waiting for this.

Given everyones past experience dealing with ibasso, when can I expect to receive my new player?

-Andy

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #2,204 of 14,084
  thanks for the info. I have been using my iPad with the Fostex HP-P1, which has been great- but I'm losing some resolution due to the iPads limited digital output. Ive got a rewired pair of Beyerdynamic T5s waiting for this.

Given everyones past experience dealing with ibasso, when can I expect to receive my new player?

-Andy

They're supposedly shipping them out in 2 days time, so at best, I'd imagine that some people may get theirs this weekend, and the rest early/mid next week (unless DHL start working Sundays).

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #2,205 of 14,084
On the DX50 and presumably DX90, can you browse by file and folder without having to refresh the library?

(I only browse that way just from personal preference, and supposedly on the Fiio X5 I wouldn't have to refresh.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back