DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 7, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #2,161 of 14,084
I'm also in the club of the guinea pigs. I pushed the trigger 5 hours ago.
Aside the confirmation from PayPal, have you received any confirmation from Ibasso?. Is there a way to track the request?.

You'll get an email with tracking info once it ships

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #2,163 of 14,084
I just want the dx90 to be a worthwhile upgrade over the dx50 for the price. The AK120 sounds okay by itself but sounds much much better with an amp. Why does a $1k dap pretty much NEED an amp to sound good?

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #2,164 of 14,084
The One And Only Topkit. Send a PB2 to Head-Fi'er HiFlight. He hand-picks the buffers and opamps and when you place your order he'll ask you which headphones you use, what sort of music you're into and all that. Based on that, he'll compose a kit of opamps and buffers (more than one set) that should give you what you're after. He might ask you for $75 as well. 

He suggested I tried the ISL55002 opamp (color coded green, by Hiflight) with bypassed buffers but my K10 picked up background noise with those. Now I'm on another set of opamps (color coded blue) with HA5002 buffers and I'm getting a very clean and crisp sound with absolutely ZERO background noise. If I pause the music and crank the volume on the PB2 up to InstaDeaf*, it is still dead quiet. The pink opamps with HA5002 is VERY pleasing as well, with a wider soundstage and mids to die for. 

Keep in mind that I'm talking about small changes to an already quite decent audio chain. A topkit will not magically transform your Beats Solo to Stax SR-009. But once you have your rig just the way you like it, a topkit might be just that last frosting on the cake.

*Although not designated as such on the volume dial, instant deafness is to be expected with the PB2 at 60+ percent volume with sensitive (c)iems. Turn it above 80% and I'm pretty sure the coroner will be picking BA driver shrapnel out of your brain at the autopsy.

Yep I have one on order as well for my PB2. I am getting the HA5002 buffers and then Class A adapters (dual & single) plus some surprise Opamps. On that basis, I decided reluctantly to enjoy these first with my PB2 (probably with the muses01s) and with the Dx50, rather than jump for the dx90.

I will await comparison between the DX 50 & 90 from people here to see if the upgrade is worth it. I am aiming to keep the PB2 (rather than use the DX90 with HO through its own amp) , so your review with the Pb2 will be important.

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #2,167 of 14,084
Just wondering, how do people normally charge their DX50 batteries? 
Do you charge it with the batteries within DX50 or do you have a separate charger?
Also, for those using extended batteries, how does it work?

I am just looking on amazon for samsung s3 chargers and there seems to be so many stories of their charger blowing up... kinda put off by it lol!

Also, I am looking at Lavolta batteries, 4500mAh, UK supplier, seems legit and 50% the cost of an Anker equivalent..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lavolta-4500mAh-Extended-Capacity-Battery-for-Samsung-Galaxy-SIII-I9300-Black-/400508737369

Thoughts?

EDIT: just noticed the battery to be 3.7V rather than 3.8V which is what the official DX90 battery picture states and that of the Anker batteries

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #2,168 of 14,084
Hi ... this is my first post on Head-fi but just want to say that I ordered during the first hour of availability then sent off an email to iBasso asking if my order was received (since I only saw the PayPal confirmation). They replied confirming that my order will ship on April 9th or 10th. Can't wait!

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #2,169 of 14,084
One quick question. The lifetime of the battery is very poor. Do you gus think that one can insert a larger capacity battery and thus extend the time of the playback?

My DX50 has infinite playback time as I have 5 batteries that I swap out and I can recharge them independently. The back cover slides off quickly and you can pop the battery into your hand and replace in 10 to 20 seconds when you get used to it.

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #2,170 of 14,084
I don't see DSD list on supported format, it was one of the reasons I was looking at this player. Be disapointed if not supported and would have to go with the Calxy M

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #2,171 of 14,084
  I don't see DSD list on supported format, it was one of the reasons I was looking at this player. Be disapointed if not supported and would have to go with the Calxy M

Pretty sure they are supporting it firmware wise, if you look at the DX50 specs there are no mentions of it similarly to the DX90 and yet it supports it.

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #2,173 of 14,084
closed back, portable, Over ear headphones for DX90, metal music. Budget 400$. Any suggestions, right now i have Marshall Monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back