DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 13, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #1,126 of 14,084
This is the first I've heard of "crosstalk," or that it's a desirable sound characteristic. Is that basically where something intended to be placed in the right channel "bleeds" over into the left channel, and vice versa?

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #1,127 of 14,084
  This is the first I've heard of "crosstalk," or that it's a desirable sound characteristic. Is that basically where something intended to be placed in the right channel "bleeds" over into the left channel, and vice versa?

Yes, intended in some cases and not in others. 

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #1,130 of 14,084
  Crosstalk is a design shortcoming/fault and will always deteriorate SQ- also beyond 70db I doubt it would audible, but it  has nothing to do with crossfeed. 

I do not agree. Frankly the specs as you mention, it isn't enough to be audible but after you get to the TRRS 2.5 in the AK240, I know that the published crosstalk will no longer hold but they don't mention the effect of the 2.5 TRRS but then that is for another thread. 

The proof will be in the hearing and I am totally sure, it will be great and crosstalk will have little bearing. 

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #1,131 of 14,084
Yes, I think you guys are confusing crosstalk with crossfeeding.  Crossfeed can reduce the fatigue of a large soundstage with a lot of hard left-right panning by bleeding the channels together just a little bit (read: controlled).  Crosstalk between channels is something you don't want, it is one channel interfering and bleeding into the other, which can be a sign of poor circuit design.  That being said, at -76dB, I doubt the crosstalk will have any discernible effect on anyone's listening experience.

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #1,132 of 14,084
  Yes, I think you guys are confusing crosstalk with crossfeeding.  Crossfeed can reduce the fatigue of a large soundstage with a lot of hard left-right panning by bleeding the channels together just a little bit (read: controlled).  Crosstalk between channels is something you don't want, it is one channel interfering and bleeding into the other, which can be a sign of poor circuit design.  That being said, at -76dB, I doubt the crosstalk will have any discernible effect on anyone's listening experience.

I understand it. What I am saying is that the extreme right left of some recordings, even though crosstalk can be considered a negative, isn't by all designers when it is at a certain level, that is all. Otherwise I agree with you. 

Mar 13, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #1,134 of 14,084
~~The 76db crosstalk number jumps out as a bit low to me? X3 has >90db (@10KΩ), AK100 claimed ~120 (@no load).... in any case I don't put much stock into marketing specs and can't wait to hear it for myself soon.  

Actually, the x3 and X5 are 75db under the same conditions so effectively the same. You're looking at the line out #.

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #1,135 of 14,084
Yes, use the LO is nice to have low so you can do what you want with the signal and from there, is is very low. It's all good. 

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #1,137 of 14,084
I got my 128gb Micro SD card today. Works great in the DX50 and iBasso has already tried it out in the DX90 so good to go. It shows 127.65gb. Lots of music, a fair amount of DSD. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back