DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Sep 29, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #13,922 of 14,084
Finally found one ! mint condition for 180€, tomorrow in the mail box !

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #13,924 of 14,084
I've been offered a DX90 at a good price and am tempted...

Having owned a DX50 when it was in its early days, I got rid of it for two reasons:

Poor gapless support and database scan that equated to a lottery - some songs would be recognised, others not.

Firmware has undoubtedly moved on since then, so can anyone tell me if the DX90 now does proper gapless (not nearly gapless or sort of gapless) and whether the database scanning is better these days?

Many thanks

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #13,925 of 14,084
Yeah, it's sort of a gapless, most of the times it works. I can't answer the other question, I only use the directory...

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #13,926 of 14,084
Yeah, it's sort of a gapless, most of the times it works. I can't answer the other question, I only use the directory...

Thanks. I'd forgotten about the directory option.

I listen to a lot of classical music, so gapless really needs to be working properly or I quickly end up wanting to throw the DAP at the wall.

(For the record, I haven't yet actually thrown a DAP at the wall, but a few have come and gone...)

Cheers!

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #13,927 of 14,084
I only listen to classical music and I get what you are saying... really few quirks...
Great musicality, go for lurker's FW

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #13,930 of 14,084
It took some FW releases for true gapless playback with FLAC files to finally work perfectly, but now it finally does.

On which Firmware and which firmware Version?

TIA

----
Check out the Steph Johnson Trio CD, Nature Girl. Listen to Samples at the Link below. Pure Sonic Bliss :)
http://www.stephjohnsonband.com/

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #13,932 of 14,084
Hiya folks... been a while.
I'm trying to get my DX-90 to work as a USB DAC again. I had it working on an old PC that's been gone for a while, and the new PC doesn't recognize it as a sound out option.
I remember there was a specific method to installing the driver... did a search, but can't find instructions.

Would someone be so kind as to point me to the instructions for getting this to work as a USB DAC?

Appreciated!!

Nov 13, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #13,933 of 14,084
Hiya folks... been a while.
I'm trying to get my DX-90 to work as a USB DAC again. I had it working on an old PC that's been gone for a while, and the new PC doesn't recognize it as a sound out option.
I remember there was a specific method to installing the driver... did a search, but can't find instructions.

Would someone be so kind as to point me to the instructions for getting this to work as a USB DAC?

Appreciated!!

here you go. look for the dx90 windows driver. Install the drivers. Whne you connect the dx90 select on your dx90 the option to connect as a dac. http://ibasso.com/down.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back