DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 3, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #11,731 of 14,084
MasanoVX: If you have any full-size headphones and a smart phone, you can always play some music at different volumes and test how loud it is with an SPL Monitor app. Or if you have an iPhone, you can use the "Dosimeter" function in the CanOpener app to see how loud you typically listen. I put in specs for a bunch of IEM / HP and found my average listening level is ~60dB.

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #11,733 of 14,084

is 2.1.8 even more airier than the 2.1.5 L2 ? wow.

i have not tried the 2.1.8 (as people here have expressed various problems/bugs) , i guess 2.1.5 L2 is fine for now

No my friend. You need to get on the 2.1.8 Lurker gravy train. It's awesome. I really liked the 2.1.5L2 but now there is no going back. Give the .8 a try and give it some time to grow on you.

But then again this may just be my Layla syndrome speaking... she seems to make even a smelly piece of crap shine like 24k gold nuggets...
very_evil_smiley.gif

And if any DX90 owners are wondering, yes you can pair up something like the Layla with the DX90 and the 90 will not dissapoint. It will show Layla a good time and show her everything it's capable of.

Paul-Ibasso, you guys really need to let us know about the DX100ii/X7 competitor. I'm waiting with baited breath for it. Please stick to exchangeable batteries and make it with two micro-SD slots if you can. Samsung Note 4 batteries seem to have a lot of juice on tap. Maybe you can have dual batteries, one for the amp section and one for the dac?

Btw IMHO DX90 > X5
devil_face.gif

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #11,735 of 14,084

No my friend. You need to get on the 2.1.8 Lurker gravy train. It's awesome. I really liked the 2.1.5L2 but now there is no going back. Give the .8 a try and give it some time to grow on you.

But then again this may just be my Layla syndrome speaking... she seems to make even a smelly piece of crap shine like 24k gold nuggets...
very_evil_smiley.gif

And if any DX90 owners are wondering, yes you can pair up something like the Layla with the DX90 and the 90 will not dissapoint. It will show Layla a good time and show her everything it's capable of.

Paul-Ibasso, you guys really need to let us know about the DX100ii/X7 competitor. I'm waiting with baited breath for it. Please stick to exchangeable batteries and make it with two micro-SD slots if you can. Samsung Note 4 batteries seem to have a lot of juice on tap. Maybe you can have dual batteries, one for the amp section and one for the dac?

Btw IMHO DX90 > X5
devil_face.gif

+1 on 2.18 Lurker. No bugs playing flac and sweet, sweet sound!

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #11,737 of 14,084
Originally Posted by M-13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Btw IMHO DX90 > X5
devil_face.gif

This summer I'll probably buy me a new dap. Questyle daps are on top of my shortlist at the moment. X7 will have only 1 micro sd slot with almost no internal memory, so I lost interest in that one. A DX100ii (with build in 128gb or 2 micro sd slots) would certainly draw my attention!

I agree on SQ DX90 > X5. That's why I always use my X5 with Cayin C5 amp
rolleyes.gif

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #11,738 of 14,084
If you have only flacs you won't encounter problems.If your library consists in part of mp3s you will have problems that posters here mentioned.As good as the sound is with 2.1.8fw  i don't consider it a completed firmware when it has a fundamental bug playing  many mp3 files.Hoping the new fw will iron out the problem without too many delays.

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #11,739 of 14,084
Hello,
Haven't posted in awhile. I tried the new Lurker 2.18 update. the bottom end definitrly has improved and the sound is deffinitely brighter. My question is does anybody notice that the depth of the soundstage is deeper on 2.1.5L2? I am listening primary with player only paired with Vsonic GR07s.

Regards
Jeff

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #11,740 of 14,084
Hello,
Haven't posted in awhile. I tried the new Lurker 2.18 update. the bottom end definitrly has improved and the sound is deffinitely brighter. My question is does anybody notice that the depth of the soundstage is deeper on 2.1.5L2? I am listening primary with player only paired with Vsonic GR07s.

Regards
Jeff

I wrote about the deeper sound (for me) with the 2.1.8 and turned back to 2.1.5 L2 (many thanks to Lurker again!). But it depends with the headphones, I have a little horror :) with my DT 990/250 even with the 2.1.5 FW. But (as I saw) my DX90 was modded and its sound isn't stockable. 

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #11,741 of 14,084
Okay back to 2.1.5L2 now. I will listen for a few days and then go back to 2.1.8L to see what the difference is. So far 1.5 can play some songs 1.8 couldn't and I do like the signature a lot. I remember all over again why it was so magical.

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #11,742 of 14,084
  Okay back to 2.1.5L2 now. I will listen for a few days and then go back to 2.1.8L to see what the difference is. So far 1.5 can play some songs 1.8 couldn't and I do like the signature a lot. I remember all over again why it was so magical.

What the?You managed to sell se846,ie800 and k3003 (your favourite as i recall ) in less than 6 months after owning them?That's serious business.Is Layla that much  far above them and to keep it relevant can a dap like dx90 take full advantage of its capabilities?

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #11,743 of 14,084
  What the?You managed to sell se846,ie800 and k3003 (your favourite as i recall ) in less than 6 months after owning them?That's serious business.Is Layla that much  far above them and to keep it relevant can a dap like dx90 take full advantage of its capabilities?

Yup, makes the former three sound like a joke. I can always upgrade the DAP in the next month. I would buy the Hugo or AK120ii or both, but I've got some non-audio related spending to do this month so sadly my big DAP purchase will have ot wait a month. No doub the Layla will probably keep on scaling all the way past the Hugo to Hugo 2,3,4,5,6 infinity, but she sounds very nice out of the DX90 as well.

Back to 2.1.8 can't stand 2.1.5. Sounds veiled, diffused and flat. 2.1.8 sounds way more dynamic/transparent/Holographic. Both Lurker versions of course. It's too bad certain songs don't play with 2.1.8. If Ibasso can fix this minor issue then the DX90 has reached perfection for me.

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #11,744 of 14,084
  Yup, makes the former three sound like a joke. I can always upgrade the DAP in the next month. I would buy the Hugo or AK120ii or both, but I've got some non-audio related spending to do this month so sadly my big DAP purchase will have ot wait a month. No doub the Layla will probably keep on scaling all the way past the Hugo to Hugo 2,3,4,5,6 infinity, but she sounds very nice out of the DX90 as well.

Back to 2.1.8 can't stand 2.1.5. Sounds veiled, diffused and flat. 2.1.8 sounds way more dynamic/transparent/Holographic. Both Lurker versions of course. It's too bad certain songs don't play with 2.1.8. If Ibasso can fix this minor issue then the DX90 has reached perfection for me.

well , looks like i should try lurker 2.1.8 since everyone here seems to like it better than the lurker 2.1.5 (which i completely love with my 'joke' K3003
tongue.gif
)

has anyone here paired dx90 with JHA angie ? as good as layla is , it still costs almost 2000$ than my K3 , so i can't buy them (yet
tongue.gif
)

Apr 4, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #11,745 of 14,084
Just gone from 2.15 to 2.18 Lurker, good move, nicer font, sounds superb (via Elekit TU-HP01 & DT1350)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back