DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 11, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #11,161 of 14,084
  Just try to set equalizer to "off" :)

For me - I found less "3D" sound with 2.1.8 at all.
And... Sharp/Slow filter in new FW really works!!! Try this.

Lol. I guarantee you that 99% of DX90 owners never even knew that there was a problem with the sharp/slow filter up until now and they still "heard" the differences. An unintentional blind test made by possible by iBasso
cool.gif
 just goes to show how powerful the mind can be. If you want to believe the sound is less 3D, you will hear it that way.

Some already claim that the bass is punchier, others say it is more tamed. Again.. I can't really hear a significant difference. I am just updating for the features.

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #11,162 of 14,084

Lol. I guarantee you that 99% of DX90 owners never even knew that there was a problem with the sharp/slow filter up until now and they still "heard" the differences. An unintentional blind test made by possible by iBasso
cool.gif
 just goes to show how powerful the mind can be. If you want to believe the sound is less 3D, you will hear it that way.

Some already claim that the bass is punchier, others say it is more tamed. Again.. I can't really hear a significant difference. I am just updating for the features.

But - it is your LOL :)
Filter heared for me. And :) - we're not talking about listening mp3 files only? :)

You can't - but I see! All people are different :)

"Sincerely yours", I sayed I listen DX90 with BD DT 990Pro/250 - "promise me", I hear the thinkness of sound with BD. It's just my opinion course.

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #11,163 of 14,084
  I've updated the page in my signature with firmwares based on 2.1.8.

And, I see, somebody has already downloaded it while I'm writing :) For me, the bugs found are not critical, I like the result and don't want to downgrade.

i bring this up just in case new readers miss this.too much of a good thing by one of our most helpful members (in this forum at the very least).thank you bucketloads.

Mar 11, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #11,164 of 14,084
  i bring this up just in case new readers miss this.too much of a good thing by one of our most helpful members (in this forum at the very least).thank you bucketloads.

I want to add thanks, appreciation ad respect to Lurker0. The clearer font alone would be reason enough to prefer his version of 2.18, but I also find a bit more "reference sound" clarity versus stock FW. The punchier bass on stock 2.18 seemed to bleed a bit into mids and the sound signature, while nice, seemed a bit more V-shaped with mids less distinct. This is corrected in my audition thus far of the Lurker0 mod, with bass still a bit punchier than 2.15 but better overall tonal balance. So sincere thanks, and if this musical bliss is part placebo.....bring me more!  

Mar 11, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #11,165 of 14,084
I want to add thanks, appreciation ad respect to Lurker0. The clearer font alone would be reason enough to prefer his version of 2.18, but I also find a bit more "reference sound" clarity versus stock FW. The punchier bass on stock 2.18 seemed to bleed a bit into mids and the sound signature, while nice, seemed a bit more V-shaped with mids less distinct. This is corrected in my audition thus far of the Lurker0 mod, with bass still a bit punchier than 2.15 but better overall tonal balance. So sincere thanks, and if this musical bliss is part placebo.....bring me more!  
Seems we share the same thoughts!

Mar 11, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #11,166 of 14,084
20 minutes scan time for about 100GB of mixed format (flac,320).that at least about half the time it take on previous FW (if i can wait for it to complete at all that is.sometime i just dont scan and scan folders to folders as i play them).A little bit more 'housekeeping' would improve it more i think.i still keep some .jpg files just in case the artwork is not embaded.being not-very-computer-savy,i cant be sure what to keep and what to delete.i like to see the artwork on the screen whenever the screen is on,im funny like that :).with the faster scan speed,i can now take out the cards and slowly  use xACT to embed the artwork when i have the time.

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #11,167 of 14,084

Hi all I need some help. After attempting to update the img file once it got stuck. Somehow I ended up with this phantom img file. when i try to open it it says it is being used by OS X. Someone help? I cannot delete it nor move it to trash...

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #11,168 of 14,084
When navigating through my library on the DX90, I sometimes accidently open a window on which I could choose to delete the album.
My question is: how do I accidently open that window? I tried to open it on purpose but I couldn't figure out how to. The only way it opened again (a few times) was by accident but I don't know how I did that.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #11,169 of 14,084
  When navigating through my library on the DX90, I sometimes accidently open a window on which I could choose to delete the album.
My question is: how do I accidently open that window? I tried to open it on purpose but I couldn't figure out how to. The only way it opened again (a few times) was by accident but I don't know how I did that.

press and hold the album art

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #11,170 of 14,084
Probably by selecting and holding the item (on the icon on the left), this will open a drop down menu with various options depending on what you did it on

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #11,171 of 14,084
And (several times ago :) - I have very unusual sensations from the new FW. My ears start to hurt from volume and (I see as it depends from the headphones but...).
Turn out to 2.1.5 L2 and waiting and listening.

Especially to Paul (from iBasso) - course many thanks for the new FW, but do You think as DX90 is MP3 player and for IEM only? The sound with 2.1.8 is very strange. Means this with BD (I wrote)... not for me at all.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #11,172 of 14,084

press and hold the album art

Thanks, that was it (but only a short press because holding did nothing).
Now I know where this "mysterious menu" came from and can avoid it. Due to I navigate by folder view most of the time I don't need the album view that often though.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #11,173 of 14,084
Thanks for the new firmware Paul. Tried it briefly and think the missing-2-seconds glitch is still around... Think I have to stick with 2.1.5L for the meantime.

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #11,174 of 14,084
I just had a really good experience with my dx90 at the gym. I listened to an old, compressed cd rip (192kbps) of a Korn album pairing the DX90 with my JH-13s, and it sounded noticeably different than my previous listens. I heard more things, and felt like there was a wider sound. Everything was better compared to my iPod and pico HeadAmp combo, which I loved. It is a great validation to perceive an sonic improvement on a simple rip of some old music. And, with the lurker fw, I can more easily read my dap!

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #11,175 of 14,084
2.1.8L is where its at! But I feel a bit alone now that what I'm hearing is specific to my modded DX90 
frown.gif
 I have to leave it to my imagination as to what people are hearing on stock DX90, but from memory of stock DX90 I will say the Mod sounds radically different, it is no slight change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back