DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Feb 12, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #10,667 of 14,084
o/

Took me about two full minutes with extreme downward pressure on the cover to get it going.  I thought it might be irremovable afterall, or that I am a very weak and worthless man.  I gather it should be difficult to remove, and after a few good tries, I got it.

Did you try using the included rubber pouch to spread load as you push?

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #10,668 of 14,084
Anything with friction works well. I use a small part of a band that I use to exercise with. It is thin rubber about 4 inches wide and I took 2 inches of that. It works great as it grips the back and I can slide the back right off. 

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #10,669 of 14,084
  Anything with friction works well. I use a small part of a band that I use to exercise with. It is thin rubber about 4 inches wide and I took 2 inches of that. It works great as it grips the back and I can slide the back right off. 

This is the ticket.  Keep a small square of rubber around (such as cut from an old bike inner tube, rubber glove or what Jamato describes).  Pushing on the back cover through the rubber makes taking the cover off a cinch.

The silicone case works fine for that also but I would rather not rip it someday.  

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #10,670 of 14,084
This is the ticket.  Keep a small square of rubber around (such as cut from an old bike inner tube, rubber glove or what Jamato describes).  Pushing on the back cover through the rubber makes taking the cover off a cinch.

The silicone case works fine for that also but I would rather not rip it someday.  

That's a great idea, I'm always afraid of breaking the screen from pushing hard to get the back off.

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #10,671 of 14,084
I want to open the back cover of my DX90 as well, but I checked my friend's unit (that he opened once before) and there was a small gap between the cover and the matte finish on he back once you close the back cover again. I also felt a really tiny bump on top of the unit since the back cover didn't completely align with the other part of the housing (since it didn't close completely). Is that normal?

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #10,673 of 14,084
  I want to open the back cover of my DX90 as well, but I checked my friend's unit (that he opened once before) and there was a small gap between the cover and the matte finish on he back once you close the back cover again. I also felt a really tiny bump on top of the unit since the back cover didn't completely align with the other part of the housing (since it didn't close completely). Is that normal?

You can feel a small ridge. This is normal. If there is a gap you can push a little harder.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 13, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #10,674 of 14,084
You can feel a small ridge. This is normal. If there is a gap you can push a little harder.

There is a gap about a nails thicknes. It is impossible to close the cover completely

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #10,676 of 14,084
We will have a new FW right after the Chinese holiday. That will be the 27th or 28th.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 14, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #10,678 of 14,084
Whatever FW release, in Lurker we trust. :p

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #10,680 of 14,084
Will ibasso Dx90 ever support 96khz/24 bit when used as a dac for pc ? because so far that i've read it only supports 46khz/16bit ...New firmware should support higher frequency and bit-rate when used as a dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back