DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Dec 5, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #9,541 of 14,089
So, what are some good on-ears (I guess or portable over-ears like P7)  that pair well with the DX90?  I'm currently using IE800 with my DX90, so I guess I'm looking for something that's at not too far off IE800's sonic capabilities.

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #9,543 of 14,089
^ Maybe I'm doing it wrong also, I'll need to mess around with it more. Sorry for saying it was easy before 
tongue.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #9,544 of 14,089
It is driving me crazy!!! All night iv'e been trying to get it to work-And it worked before... I shall surreneder! Oh come sweet death-And take me away from this pain! My suffering shall perish, In heaven-Away from the cursed DX90 which caused so much pain to flesh and blood. I shall be free (Heine, DX90 review)

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #9,545 of 14,089
  It is driving me crazy!!! All night iv'e been trying to get it to work-And it worked before... I shall surreneder! Oh come sweet death-And take me away from this pain! 

So I also have "ibasso hifi audio device" under sound controllers tab, and then separate is the "Mango usb interface" under the Mango device tab. How do we know its actually working though :/

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #9,548 of 14,089
iBasso should really take care of this. This instabillity is not professional. I am dissappointed.
Does anybody know why i dont get Mango Hifi etc. under sound controllers? This seems to be the problem

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #9,552 of 14,089
  So, what are some good on-ears (I guess or portable over-ears like P7)  that pair well with the DX90?  I'm currently using IE800 with my DX90, so I guess I'm looking for something that's at not too far off IE800's sonic capabilities.

I don't buy into the whole "synergy" thing so much. Anything that isn't too hard to drive should be great. the B&W P line looks really classy :)

When i watch a movie with the DX90 as a DAC it says "It is not possible to play the audio.
DirectX audio driver is not installed or not installed correctly" 
confused_face(1).gif

Do you really feel the need to watch movies with the DX90 as a DAC? With all the visuals going on in movies, you're already paying much less attention to the sounds accuracy, and even if it will make a difference I think it would be negligable.  I think it's usually more relevant to music and listening to the old songs you've heard so many times before. 

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #9,553 of 14,089

Check out the HD25 Aluminium and Beyerdynamic T51p. I haven't heard the latter with the DX90 but tons of comparisons of the two online. The Aedle VK-1 also seems promising. The Focal Spirit Classic sounds superb with the DX90. The Spirit Pro was a litte less natural for my tastes.

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #9,554 of 14,089

I don't buy into the whole "synergy" thing so much. Anything that isn't too hard to drive should be great. the B&W P line looks really classy :)

Do you really feel the need to watch movies with the DX90 as a DAC? With all the visuals going on in movies, you're already paying much less attention to the sounds accuracy, and even if it will make a difference I think it would be negligable.  I think it's usually more relevant to music and listening to the old songs you've heard so many times before. 

I mainly want to use it for listening to my music library in foobar and i cant do that too. I dont see mango in playback devices even though i installed it

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #9,555 of 14,089
the synergy with my 3 Hifiman iems from best to worst

RE-272 (sounds great)
RE-600 (sounds very good)
RE-262 (sounds so and so)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back