DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Feb 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #826 of 14,084
  Maybe the DX90 will be in silver, instead of black?!
tongue_smile.gif

I think they should make a gold one to compete with the iPhone 5s
cool.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #830 of 14,084
Originally Posted by musicheaven /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How many of you thought when you first heard the DX90 it was going to look different then the DX50?

This is Trick Question since the DX90 does not exist yet. 
biggrin.gif

Me thinks yur question wuz supposed to be:

How many of you, when you first heard of the DX90, thought it was going to look different then the DX50?

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #832 of 14,084
I just want to bring this up for a little fun, being a DX50 owner.
How many of you thought when you first heard the DX90 it was going to look different then the DX50?

On another line of thoughts, how many of you think that when you change a device model number you expect a different body?

Lol, just some good fun. There something special about not changing the case, it's call familiarity. :beerchug:

Aa a DX50 owner, when I pay double on a DAP, I expect more storage capacity, longer battery, and better screen. if iBasso can give me all these with the same chassic, I don't mind that, it is pissible but unlikely in tge case of DX90.

When fhe DAC got a significant upgrade, hi-res PCM and DSD become the focus and 64GB + 8GB become a bottleneck on utilization.

With the upgraded in DAC and CPU embedded, I assume the battery will drain faster, so a bigger battery is just natural IMO. I know the battery is replaceable, but so are the battery of most mobile phone, if mobile phine industries goes for bigger battery when they use higher power CPU, when other DAP developers are installing bigger battery, I can't why we should excuse iBasso in this round.

Regarding the screen, some of the control icon are really small for touch screen interface, and the small text should be more readable. Check out the IPS screen on X5, it is not much bigger but certainly give me a sense of upgrade. Lets face it, when iBasso opt for rouch screen control route, they should expect user demand mire on the screen naturally as the screen is not only a display but an important frontend of interface.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 16, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #834 of 14,084
I don't understand why people want a fancy screen for a music player. It's not like you are going to be playing games or looking at photos on it. 

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #835 of 14,084
True but would you also like it if it was like the old led type display? You'd say to the manufacturer why don't they get up to current standards and stop using old technology. It's all about esthetic and to please your eyes even if you won't play games on it.

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #837 of 14,084
True but would you also like it if it was like the old led type display? You'd say to the manufacturer why don't they get up to current standards and stop using old technology. It's all about esthetic and to please your eyes even if you won't play games on it.

I think that something like the DX50 screen is perfect for me. 

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #839 of 14,084
I also find the DX50 screen plenty good enough for a dap. More storage is irrelevant unless they make it near 1TB as I'd still have to swap cards. Longer battery could be nice but as it is, it runs about the same time as my amp so still wouldn't matter.

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #840 of 14,084
  I don't understand why people want a fancy screen for a music player. It's not like you are going to be playing games or looking at photos on it. 

Some want to be able to easily see what they're selecting under a bright sun while wearing sunglasses - I do this several times a week (but it's not a dealbreaker for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back