DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Dec 27, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #62 of 14,084
No matter what hardware used, no matter how many op amps, how few, how many dacs, how few, there will always be a reason why it should be done this way or that. I think iBasso knows what they are doing and look forward to the sound and implementation. I like the idea of dual dacs, done it myself in my home system when I designed it and could hear the difference, as an improvement. As in Audio Note UK base to start with. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #63 of 14,084
Where is kkcc? He always wanted something like this a less bulky dx100, sort of expecting the same from dx50 but well the dx50 turned out to be targeting the lower tier instead

I am just glad i waited and not getting the zx-1 and hm802.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #65 of 14,084
I think you can get the first DX 90 , because you live ina Hong Kong is very close to China :D

Thanks, Rudi. Hong Kong is part of China.
I hope to order as soon as its available on the website. I stayed up later to wait for dx50 last time. Please keep me in first batch this time too, ibasso

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #66 of 14,084
dammit,there is money to be saved ppl
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #69 of 14,084
I was hoping they would change the design instead of sticking to DX50 enclosure though.
Well there is still time for them to change. Hopefully.. :)

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #71 of 14,084
What a great time to be wanting a new player.... so many choices...

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #72 of 14,084

I like the dimensions and overall design of DX50. Only if they make it a bit thinner...

Thinner would be nice but I won't hold my breath.

They might accomplish that if they came out with a line out only DAP. Likely? No. Ridiculous? Far from it. Lots of us only use an external amp. RWA are catering to that with some of their AK mods but the combined price (AK + RWA) is astronomical and I haven't seen enough reviews to suggest that the results are worth it.

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #73 of 14,084
I like the dimensions and overall design of DX50. Only if they make it a bit thinner...

Maybe, but for a new model I would prefer a new/fresher design than reusing the same one as DX50.
To me I still prefer AK design than the DX. Would like to see a new different design that would surpass the AK. Subjective I know :)

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #74 of 14,084
Maybe, but for a new model I would prefer a new/fresher design than reusing the same one as DX50.
To me I still prefer AK design than the DX. Would like to see a new different design that would surpass the AK. Subjective I know
smily_headphones1.gif

The DX50 hasn't even been out for 6 months. I have the iRiver H120 and H140 and what they did was to make the H140 thicker to accommodate the 40gb hd vs the 20gb. The case stayed the same for the entire run. Then iRiver went down hill from there until they started again with the a k100. I guess they could change the case but I doubt it. Works fine for me anyway. Thinner is always nice to. :^) Well not all that long to find out. 

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #75 of 14,084

Thinner would be nice but I won't hold my breath.

They might accomplish that if they came out with a line out only DAP. Likely? No. Ridiculous? Far from it. Lots of us only use an external amp. RWA are catering to that with some of their AK mods but the combined price (AK + RWA) is astronomical and I haven't seen enough reviews to suggest that the results are worth it.

If it's line out only I will bite if ...

1. It's thinner
2. Full SD instead on micro SD
3. Full USB DAC support.
4. Optical, Coax and USB out mode so you can hook it up to another USB DAC (e.g. HiFi-M8)
5. Not a top featrure, but nice if they could reduce the Vout of the Line out to 1Vrms instead of 1.5V. I find it a bit too hot for sensitive, low impedance iems which limits the volume pot travel on some amp or distort signal on high gain if you use high impedance, inefficient full cans. In short, make it more versatile that what DX50 currently is. Or better make this a selectable option, like how a gain selector switch works on HO.

Too much to ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back