DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #6,891 of 14,084
I ordered my dx90 and will be here around next week. Its going to be my first dap. Very excited 
tongue_smile.gif

I have a few newbie questions. I read few comments saying the stock battery isnt good. Would using a power bank affect sq or produce some sort of hissing noise? Does dx90 support all sorts of microsd? How dangerous is it if i were to use non ori samsung battery? Lastly does burning in the dx90 causes significant changes?

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #6,892 of 14,084
I ordered my dx90 and will be here around next week. Its going to be my first dap. Very excited :tongue_smile:
I have a few newbie questions. I read few comments saying the stock battery isnt good. Would using a power bank affect sq or produce some sort of hissing noise? Does dx90 support all sorts of microsd? How dangerous is it if i were to use non ori samsung battery? Lastly does burning in the dx90 causes significant changes?

IMO, the stock battery is OK but others have found that different batteries will provide a bit longer playtime. Others can hear slight differences between brands, but I personally cannot. You will have to try the power bank and see if you can detect differences. Hissing will not be a problem, but depending on the quality of the bank, you may hear some hum if plugged in while using. A non-Samsung battery will not damage the player as long as the battery is designed for an SIII. Be advised that some very cheap replacements may not lcast very long.

The DX90 will support all micro SD cards, but I would just stick to the more reputable brands for reliability. Avoid the $20 so-called 64gb cards!

I have detected no significant changes due to "burn-in". Perhaps those with better ears than mine can hear some slight changes.

The DX90 is a great DAP. Glad to have you aboard!

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #6,893 of 14,084
IMO, the stock battery is OK but others have found that different batteries will provide a bit longer playtime. Others can hear slight differences between brands, but I personally cannot. You will have to try the power bank and see if you can detect differences. Hissing will not be a problem, but depending on the quality of the bank, you may hear some hum if plugged in while using. A non-Samsung battery will not damage the player as long as the battery is designed for an SIII. Be advised that some very cheap replacements may not lcast very long.

The DX90 will support all micro SD cards, but I would just stick to the more reputable brands for reliability. Avoid the $20 so-called 64gb cards!

I have detected no significant changes due to "burn-in". Perhaps those with better ears than mine can hear some slight changes.

Thanks alot for your reply. Very much appreciated. Cant wait for mine to arrive 
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #6,894 of 14,084

Ron… just curious… did you update to 2.1?

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #6,895 of 14,084
Thank you, very much!!

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #6,896 of 14,084
Ron… just curious… did you update to 2.1?

Yes, I did. I find that the improvement in mid and treble resolution improves the quality of the imaging. IMO, it is better-balanced tonally than previous version. Suits my ears and phones just fine.

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #6,897 of 14,084
If somebody interested, this is how I secure the extra SD card on my DX90:

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #6,899 of 14,084
Pegasus posted a link just a few posts back.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #6,900 of 14,084
Just received my DX90 yesterday as a replacement for my Cowon J3. Had two questions:
1. Does the latest firmware update, 2.1, truly fix the lag between the control buttons and selecting the next track? I miss how my Cowon would flick through tracks seamlessly, and thus far that hasn't been the case with the iBasso. The 2-3 second delay is driving me CRAZY.
2. Can someone post the USB DAC drivers? I'm using Windows 8 64 bit on my version 1 surface pro, but seeing as how the ibasso website is down, I can't access any of their downloads.

FWIW for anyone interested I spoke to easycgi last night circa 2am and was told ibassos website was temporarily taken down because it registered positive for "malicious content" and that ibasso had been contacted by them to rectify this. Might this have something to do with the false positives people were getting on antivirus software like Avast several pages ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back