DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #6,841 of 14,084

Well, not trying to be one. I am just pointing out that what he is asking you to do is burn down your house and rebuild from scratch. When you can easily accomplish the same thing by just finding the right key to a locked door.
bigsmile_face.gif

Ok... all jokes aside... restoring the original firmware on a mac (the new update in my humble opinion is terrible... far less musical than original, soul-less... again, in my opinion)... do I use the batch tool and follow the dx50 instructions?

Thanks.

Jul 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #6,842 of 14,084
Ok... all jokes aside... restoring the original firmware on a mac (the new update in my humble opinion is terrible... far less musical than original, soul-less... again, in my opinion)... do I use the batch tool and follow the dx50 instructions?

Thanks.

if you are referring to 2.0. Then yes, you have to do it using the rkbatchtool. Download version 1.7. I tried the one that comes with DX50 and I can't get it to work. Also, you can only do this on windows.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #6,844 of 14,084
Hi headwhacker,
Thanks for the reply.
It must be my ear . It sound good with UE TF10.
In your opinion which Closed headphone is good match with DX90 ? 
How is the performance of Roxanne with DX90 ?

Roxanne sounds the best at medium gain on DX90. If you are familiar how the Audeze phones sound like, Roxanne has similar presentation. IMO Roxanne sounds more like a full-size headphone than an iem. The sound stage is like in front of you rather than around your head like most iems.

I have a Beyer DT250-80Ohm and I like how it matches with DX90. Solid, punchy bass and smooth mids and highs (Also on med gain). It's neutral overall. But you may find it boring. I like the Grado match with DX90 (325e and 80i), I am waiting for a Bushmill to get back on stock so I can get a similar sound signature on a closed back phone for travel.

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #6,846 of 14,084
  Hi,

I am wondering if you are also noticing that high frequency response of DX90 is so good that it hurt ears.
I try to play with equalizer to reduce any thing above 1K but it still sounds bad.
This is my second DX90 with latest firmware and new samsung battery. I did not have same issue with first DX90 I had. Any opinion will be appreciated.

Thanks
Anil

Yep, DX90 has no good synergy with the GS1000, I agree the hights are way to harsh sounding with it. I don't say it's a bad hp because on my home rig with tube amp it sounds great.

For DX90 I can advise you the PS500. I think it sounds terrific straight out of the HO.
The LCD2 is also a great match, but this one really needs extra amping to make it sing imo.
The Beyer DT880 250 ohm sounded also very nice with the DX50, but I sold it before I had the DX90.
With these 3 hp's I don't think the DX90 will have a probem with high frequency response at all.

Good luck with making the right choice...

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #6,847 of 14,084
  I am using TF10, Weston 4R and Grado GS-1000.

Grado GS-1000 is a bright headphone. Not sure about TF10 or 4R. I have a Roxanne and a SR325e. 325e is bright and on similar SQ with your GS1000 and I understand it could get harsh on the high freq ranges. But not on my Roxanne.

It must be your phones, or you are too sensitive to high frequencies?

With the new FW 2.1 my se846 with white filters have the same problem, I'm gonna change back to the blue filters for more balancing sound~~

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #6,848 of 14,084
Is there anything one can do (besides of praying) to increase the chances of Rockbox being ported to DX90? Like donating to the guy/guys who ported Rockbox to DX50 - but here I don't know if he/them are interested in DX90 at all....

I'm fed up with what iBasso does with the sound signature with every FW release, no matter the true reasons behind it. Listening to my JH13fp on 2.1.0 made me go back to Clip Zip yet once again, as I find the sound sig highly unnatural with an ultra aggresive high frequency response. It would be great at least to hear what the HW itself sounds like.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #6,849 of 14,084
Is there anything one can do (besides of praying) to increase the chances of Rockbox being ported to DX90? Like donating to the guy/guys who ported Rockbox to DX50 - but here I don't know if he/them are interested in DX90 at all....

I'm fed up with what iBasso does with the sound signature with every FW release, no matter the true reasons behind it. Listening to my JH13fp on 2.1.0 made me go back to Clip Zip yet once again, as I find the sound sig highly unnatural with an ultra aggresive high frequency response. It would be great at least to hear what the HW itself sounds like.

Check with Doc2008. I think he modded DX50's FW to sound as neutral as possible. (Removed extra sound libraries/filters and replace the stock player with a basic player). he may be able to do the same with DX90 without owning a DX90.

Of course, Rockbox will be the better option. I too am interested to hear DX90's dual Sabre implementation in it's vanilla form and no added software sauce.

So pray harder. :)

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #6,850 of 14,084
Firmware DIY Tools:http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/developer-tools

I will be interested just to unpack the iBasso firmware to find out what it is inside.

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #6,851 of 14,084
I like new FW. Sounds really good with Roxanne on medium gain.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #6,853 of 14,084
  I am using TF10, Weston 4R and Grado GS-1000.

4r should be OK. TF10 is hot with low impedance outputs and actually better balanced with higher impedance outs but that's mostly in the upper highs so actually more thin than biting. Please don't take offense as we need to address the obvious 1st. Make sure you have a great seal. Make sure your files are up to snuff. Make sure EQ is off. Use slow roll and try all gains positions. Turn gapless on and off. Return to the original battery. If the unit is new, it needs run in. Good luck.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #6,854 of 14,084

What cable are you using on your JH13s? Are they run in? I'm quite happy with mine on the DX90. Easy enough to revert FW if you liked the previous.

Your probably using Rockbox on the zip. If you've ever done stock fw upgrades on it, you'd know it changes a lot more than the iBasso. Rockbox also changed sound when they updated their codecs. I always engaged dither when I used it.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #6,855 of 14,084
Thanks!

I ordered this on monday from eglobal and i received it allready today from honkong. What?!
This is really fast! O:xf_eek:
hmm i do a fake check now lol. Where do i find the serial number? On the ibasso dx90 cannot see it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back