DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 7, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #6,721 of 14,084
currently on fw205. the only way to shuffle within all songs (on my SD card, I dont use internal memory) is to choose "All music" from opening screen. I use only "Directory" mode and the shuffle mode then works only within chosen directories (and IIRC it was the same with fw200).

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #6,723 of 14,084
Normal upgrade of firmware might still have UPDATE FAIL remarks.. but the upgrade is successful.. can go setting to see the version of the firmware..... need to factory reset after flashed

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #6,725 of 14,084

Really...???

Can I go from 2.1.0 back to 2.0.0 by regular upgrade method ?

u need to use Rkbatchtool only when flashing back to original firmware 2.0.0

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #6,726 of 14,084
I'm happy with 2.1

Sounds clear and open. Rocking the FSP this evening with the DX90, definitely moving in the right direction from 2.05. Keep up the great work Ibasso.

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #6,727 of 14,084
Firmware 2.1 positives....it resulted in the first time that my DX90 properly performed a media scan.  It went without a hitch and only took about 8 minutes to complete.

Negatives, the device continues to experience several playback cut-outs and fade in's each hour (LAME VBR mp3's).  C'mon ibasso, take care of that issue!  The menu (scrolling) navigation seems much touchier and difficult, similar to the original firmware (2.0).  Not sure about the sound....my initial impressions are that the original 2.0 firmware was cleaner and better balanced. 

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #6,729 of 14,084
  Firmware 2.1 positives....it resulted in the first time that my DX90 properly performed a media scan.  It went without a hitch and only took about 8 minutes to complete.

Negatives, the device continues to experience several playback cut-outs and fade in's each hour (LAME VBR mp3's).  C'mon ibasso, take care of that issue!  The menu (scrolling) navigation seems much touchier and difficult, similar to the original firmware (2.0).  Not sure about the sound....my initial impressions are that the original 2.0 firmware was cleaner and better balanced. 

It is so disappointing knowing the "Fade out -> Fade in" bug remains there with FW 2.1. I was just about to try FW2.1 again to see if it will fix this bug. Thanks for the 1st hand info.

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #6,730 of 14,084
I am not getting any of the fade in and out. Will try other formats. 

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #6,732 of 14,084

Is it normal for the DX90 to ask if you want to scan SD card or browse files every time you turn it on after you've previously done a media scan?

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #6,733 of 14,084
  currently on fw205. the only way to shuffle within all songs (on my SD card, I dont use internal memory) is to choose "All music" from opening screen. I use only "Directory" mode and the shuffle mode then works only within chosen directories (and IIRC it was the same with fw200).

Yes!  Thanks, that was quite a simple fix, and it worked like a charm.  I think that I was simply "lucky" when I first started playing files, and I must have done just that.  It makes sense in hindsight to do this, but I didn't do it consciously initially; I simply played a file, selected the 'shuffle' option, and have been enjoying it for over two weeks this way, with tracks mindlessly selected at random.  Just the way I like it in my portable devices...

Thanks, Haens, I appreciate it.

Jul 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #6,734 of 14,084

My experience too.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #6,735 of 14,084
The New Update:
impressions...(If you'll forgive the long boring-ness of it all :)

I had a good long test today using 3 different headphones each with 3 unique sound signatures:

DT880 CANS - Quite a reccessed mid section and relaxed highs
Yuin PK 2 BUDS - Incredible sounding balanced earphones
Grado GR10 IEM - Very sensative revealing IEMs with incredible detail and highs 

With DT880's it seemed clear that the bass was too bloated for these phones. They always seem to be on the edge of having JUST enough highs / mids 
but I still enjoy their sound very much

With the yuins, the new FW fared much better although the bass was always clearly evident on all the tracks listened to

With the Grado's the bass was actually quite nice but only because usually they are so well balanced in the lo/mid/high that the bass was an interesting new
addition BUT I was aware of the bass during every song and for iem's as sensative as these this just shouldn't be! . . . which from the POV of an audiophile is less than ideal.
Conclusion:
For that illusive 'perfect' audiophile playback experience I don't want to notice anything about the music itself I just want to be transported to that magical
audiotorial palace in the sky
For this reason I am going back to the previous update. Whether the new sound of the update suits people i think will depend on personal preference and equipment
Its not too bad in and off itself. I remember this happened on one of the updates for the DX50. Anyway, no biggy. As people say its not a huge difference but may effect
some folks
Forgot to say: The extra sensativity is horrible. Ridculously easy to make mistakes now and sometimes it doesn't even respond at all!
few other little bugs
1, sometimes it will not like a new album (after pressing the 1st track) the welcome screen will flash on and it goes back to the start page
2 its not uncommon for it NOT to play the songs in order even though they have been tagged AND named properly
3, i have some that still do not show under the 'Artist' section despite re-naming an tagging

EDIT: Listening again after going back to FW 2.5 I am blown away [in comparison] by how much clearer the highs are and how much more balanced and in its right place
the bass is (using DT880) I am a happy bunny :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back