DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 6, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #6,691 of 14,084
Jul 6, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #6,693 of 14,084
Didnt notice anything yet. I'm a sound person instead of ui one.
I can live with crappy ui but not ****ty sound.

So the bass really blend to the mids? How about the treble?

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #6,694 of 14,084
I do prefer the sound of this update. More even sounding. Subtle changes but I now like the sound with gapless engaged. I no longer have a preference for inverted or not. The gapless leans it out just a tad and adds a touch of presence to give a perspective of tightening it up that appeals to me. My gain preference is still medium. On less good files, I can vacillate between sharp and slow roll but on the best files always prefer slow. A fun 15min of listening to the new FW.

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #6,695 of 14,084
  After updating......seems the new firmware have a very tight and slightly boosted bass response. 
I got some feeling that the bass is blended into mid region.
frown.gif

Make sure to do a factory reset. Try med gain with gapless engaged. I actually think this FW is more even sounding as the players natural tendency seems to be a hair warm. The last FW had a touch extra presence which I think is what you're hearing. Fast roll also tightens things up if you feel it's needed. I'm enjoying it in slow roll with these setting (and the Samsung battery).
smile.gif

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #6,696 of 14,084
Make sure to do a factory reset. Try med gain with gapless engaged. I actually think this FW is more even sounding as the players natural tendency seems to be a hair warm. The last FW had a touch extra presence which I think is what you're hearing. Fast roll also tightens things up if you feel it's needed. I'm enjoying it in slow roll with these setting (and the Samsung battery).:smile:
I'll just listen it for a day and see. Actually its not disappointing, fun signature like the first time I got the dx90.

Jul 6, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #6,698 of 14,084
I can still get some stuttering on 24/192 if I start winding it back and forth like when testing preferences but it never happens in normal play. That hasn't changed with any of the FWs but I don't consider it a big deal. Reselect the track and it's fine. No one actually listens to music that way.

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #6,699 of 14,084
Listening to 2.1.0 now. I don't think it has a boosted bass relative to 2.0.5. Not sure if it has a little less but I don't think it has boosted bass.

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #6,700 of 14,084
Listening to 2.1.0 now. I don't think it has a boosted bass relative to 2.0.5. Not sure if it has a little less but I don't think it has boosted bass.

I listening it right now too, also I don't think there's any changes on the bass, don't think there is less bass too from 2.0.5

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #6,702 of 14,084
Would like to go for update, but when i realized that i will lose all my "playlists", i don't want, and i'm hesitating.
could you tell me please how to save my playlist, and get them after the update of the new firmware ?
thx in advance for your support
sam

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #6,703 of 14,084
Thanks to tin for letting us get a jump on the new FW.

I'm listening now and, though the changes are subtle, I think they've made an improvement. It sounds to me a little less warm, but smoother. I don't notice any changes in the bass. Overall, I like it.

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #6,704 of 14,084
I tested new FW now about 30 minut - 2.1.0 have less bass then 2.0.5, but more punchy and maybe subjectively very very little stronger. It is good
L3000.gif
. I will see for next days if new FW is for me better, but first impression - I like this.

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #6,705 of 14,084
My impression with FW2.1 with Slow Roll-off filter and LO to Arrow 4G:

With Gapless Off: The mid/vocal range is much boosted, making the bass and sub-bass range much less prominent. I listened to one particular vocal track known with subtle sub-bass, and with FW2.1 the sub bass is almost undetectable. This is the worst ever sound coming out from the DX90
With Gapless On: The mid/volcal range is not boosted, tonal balance is quite similar to FW2.0.5, but sound stage just has no depth.

The fact that setting Gapless on/off makes such a big difference on sound indicates this FW2.1 is just buggy.

After going back to FW2.0.5, the sound stage and sub-bass come right back. This is the firmware I shall keep using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back