DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 27, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #5,703 of 14,084
I bought it but only wanted to know what I'll gain vs the x5 I sold:yum::sweat_smile:

Which one did you sell the X5 or the DX90? :D

It's split, X5 owners sold their DX90 and vice versa. It's all about one's preferred features and sq. Not two person will agree on both the same. As was said earlier it's all about your preferences and likes.

Should've kept the X5 for some A/B-ing - only way to tell what you're missing with either!

Very true but you know about the wallet going flat, it's gonna get worst for every dap a vendor sells and we know there are quite a few now.

May 27, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #5,709 of 14,084
Just checking ..
I'm on ver 2.0.5 and so far my scan time for my 64gb card takes about 10 min.
The albums are mainly in lossless format with embedded cdcover, album artist, cd title and song title.

But it seem that most ver 2.0.5 users claim their scan time is lightning fast...

Rgds

First time scan of a full card takes minutes for me, the more files on the card the longer it takes. Scans after that take on average 5-10 seconds

May 27, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #5,710 of 14,084
New DX90 should be turning up today. Looking forward to seeing how much of an upgrade it will be from my DX50. 

I'm slightly nervous about how tricky it is to roll the FW on the new player though, unless I've misunderstood. I was used to how easy it was on the DX50. Seems harder to roll back now? I'm on a Mac..

May 27, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #5,711 of 14,084
New DX90 should be turning up today. Looking forward to seeing how much of an upgrade it will be from my DX50. 

I'm slightly nervous about how tricky it is to roll the FW on the new player though, unless I've misunderstood. I was used to how easy it was on the DX50. Seems harder to roll back now? I'm on a Mac..

It's hard (impossible on Mac) to roll back to the original 2.0.0 fw. Newer fw is just like on DX50

May 27, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #5,712 of 14,084

It's hard (impossible on Mac) to roll back to the original 2.0.0 fw. Newer fw is just like on DX50

Absolutely correct… on the other hand, lacking the original file, we never HAD the possibility of rolling back to the original 1.0.0 FW on the DX50 (which, anyway, was sooo buggy that nobody would have wanted to, of course
wink.gif
).

May 27, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #5,713 of 14,084
  Is the DX90 close to the AK120 in sound quality? I'm sure I need to go back into this thread and look for comparisons between DAPs

In this review, you can find the opinion of somebody who tested them both
http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-dx90-portable-digital-audio-player/reviews/11054

May 27, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #5,714 of 14,084
I think I made the best decision after reading the op review impression, it present music the way it is supposed to be and has alot of micro detail, oh yes I'm very excited now:yum::yum::yum::yum:... CAN'T WAIT!!!!!:smiley:

You should have waited for a while and do a side by side comparison since you already had the X5 before you decide which one to keep and which one to sell.

Reading someone else's impression is only helpful to a point. But it will always be your ear that should be the final judge. You may have a different headphone and different music genre and might have different preferences from the impressions you already read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back