DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 19, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #5,356 of 14,084
Just completed my firmware upgrade.
However, so far I still seeing the 2s being cutoff at ending of the song. Others with new filter can be seen.

Had followed the procedure, including factory reset..
So maybe I should re-do the upgrade.?

May 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #5,358 of 14,084
May 19, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #5,359 of 14,084
I got a reply from iBasso regarding my questions about customizable sound signatures and a crossfeed option.

Hi,

Thank you for your email.
Making changes on the decode database may change the sound signature a little.  We are unable to keep the sound identical due to this reason.  Also, this isn't optional.
We dont have the plan to add the crossfeed function. But I will talk with our software department about this.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Such nice people over there, I got a response within a few hours!

May 19, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #5,360 of 14,084
I got a reply from iBasso regarding my questions about customizable sound signatures and a crossfeed option.

Such nice people over there, I got a response within a few hours!

Lol they are nice but very unhelpful and that answer was the one I got when I asked them about sound changes. The crossfeed they might come back and say they either not gonna do it or next DAP with the balanced mode configuration request made earlier, maybe DX120 (Ooops number already taken :D ).

In any events keep us posted my good man. May I suggest to John (Jamato8) to make a list of iBasso Q&A with the answers given, that would be very helpful if not entertaining. :wink:

May 19, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #5,361 of 14,084
Lol they are nice but very unhelpful and that answer was the one I got when I asked them about sound changes.
May I suggest to John (Jamato8) to make a list of iBasso Q&A with the answers given, that would be very helpful if not entertaining.
wink.gif

May 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #5,362 of 14,084
Well...Vinnie just responded to me saying that he's busy and that he might be able to make the time, but he needs to know that at least 10 people would be interested in the mod so that demand could be justified.

Could OP please add a list of interest in DX90 Balanced mod? I need it to convince Vinnie.

Kojaku

I'd be in for the mod, for sure. 

May 19, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #5,363 of 14,084
I don't want to downgrade Vinnie's work because to me taking a current piece of electronics and transforming it in a higher functioning device requires a lot of skills however, balancing the output by adding circuitry that will deplete the battery even further and drilling a hole in the player body is not what I initially anticipated, all that to probably 5 to 10% SQ improvement (I might be quite generous here, the DX50 current hardware implementation is pretty damn good) then add another 100 to 300 re cabling each of you phone, that makes the player dawn expensive with a low resale value of just a fraction of the costs is not too economically viable. Hope it will be worth the upgrade, by the way is Vinnie supporting the current dap warrantee with his custom work?

May 19, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #5,364 of 14,084
May 19, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #5,366 of 14,084
Ok, thanks for the update. I replied while catching up on the last 30 pages of this thread and hadn't gotten to the newer news about the possible mod I guess.

Just an observation, you should not limit the entry to only 10 people, more will be lucrative to Vinnie or at least you can ask him to advertise the mod on his website, just a thought.

May 19, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #5,367 of 14,084
got my DX90 Love it! have some burning in to do 
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #5,368 of 14,084
Ok. I got a small dead spot on the 90s touch screen. And ibasso agreed to change the unit asap. Great response from ibasso.

Well the main issue is that. I lost my 90 hrs of burn in. And i need to go through that again. :disappointed:

After coming back to my iphone and sansa. These things sound so ridicule. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

May 19, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #5,370 of 14,084
I miss my dx90 sent in for replacement thats what i meant.

Or did i get you wrong ?

.......:confused: .......Can you say "proofread"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back