DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #4,921 of 14,084
Yes you can do so since you can control the volume. But I would't use it because the output impedance is too not only for iems but for any phones as well. Read about the effect of high output impedance on headphones.

Thanks.. Just really wondering about it. But if its not advisable better stick to the HO.. Im using a 16ohms ciem thats why i was just asking..

May 14, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #4,922 of 14,084
Thanks.. Just really wondering about it. But if its not advisable better stick to the HO.. Im using a 16ohms ciem thats why i was just asking..

you can try it and see(hear) the difference. It's not gonna fry your phone or something. just don't max out the volume.

May 14, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #4,923 of 14,084
Jim, please read the threads. Many people prefer the DX90 over the AK120 and DX100, other people say it's about 90% on the way of a AK120 or DX100.

Trust me...I have.  With all due respect...there is so much banter here about shipping times, etc...it's hard to find just simple reviews.  Thus my question.

I would love to hear from someone with experience with WMD6C....for comparison purposes.  Perhaps a better way to say it would be does the DX90 sound as good as vinyl?  I like analog...and have never had a digital player....

May 14, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #4,924 of 14,084

you can try it and see(hear) the difference. It's not gonna fry your phone or something. just don't max out the volume.

The impedance on the LO is higher and the fact it's bypassing the amp very unlikely you'll blow your iems. I have done it a few times either accidentally or on purpose and I can safely report that they are functioning just fine with no side effects whatsoever but remember that the purpose of LO is to bypass the amp and to eventually feeding it into one. :wink:

May 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #4,925 of 14,084
Jim, please read the threads. Many people prefer the DX90 over the AK120 and DX100, other people say it's about 90% on the way of a AK120 or DX100.

Trust me...I have.  With all due respect...there is so much banter here about shipping times, etc...it's hard to find just simple reviews.  Thus my question.

I would love to hear from someone with experience with WMD6C....for comparison purposes.  Perhaps a better way to say it would be does the DX90 sound as good as vinyl?  I like analog...and have never had a digital player....
The MZ-RH1 Hi-MD MiniDisc Walkman already was quite an improvement over the WM-D6C audio cassette Walkman; now, the DX100 just blows the RH1 away. It seems the DX90 comes quite close to the DX100 to those who have compared both, so I think it's safe to assume the DX90 shouldn't disappoint you.

And I wouldn't bother ripping your vinyl records unless you have them in absolute pristine condition and possess a state of the art turntable, cartridge, phono preamp and ADC set-up of over 3k€ or if they are super rare and unavailable at HDtracks, Qobuz & Co. More hassle than its worth.

May 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #4,926 of 14,084
  Can anyone else elaborate on the black background of the DX90? The fact that apparently noise is there is bothering. Many people say that the X5 gives off 0 background noise so I want to make sure.

No noise on mine (unless I choose the wrong track/genre that I might consider to be noise :p ). It's been silent for me as a solid state should be both from the phone out and line out.

//TB

May 14, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #4,927 of 14,084
No noise or hiss of any kind for me neither

May 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #4,928 of 14,084
The MZ-RH1 Hi-MD MiniDisc Walkman already was quite an improvement over the WM-D6C audio cassette Walkman; now, the DX100 just blows the RH1 away. It seems the DX90 comes quite close to the DX100 to those who have compared both, so I think it's safe to assume the DX90 shouldn't disappoint you.

And I wouldn't bother ripping your vinyl records unless you have them in absolute pristine condition and possess a state of the art turntable, cartridge, phono preamp and ADC set-up of over 3k€ or if they are super rare and unavailable at HDtracks, Qobuz & Co. More hassle than its worth.

Thank you, sir.....much appreciated!!!

May 14, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #4,929 of 14,084
I am calling it. If this firmware/driver actually makes it out on time, I will change my sig to "Home Rig: Laptop>Beats Executive>Idiot Brain, Work Rig: iPad>Beats Executive>Idiot Brain, Porta-rig>iPhone 5S (GOLD EDITION)>Beats Executive>Idiot Brain"

Kojaku

May 14, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #4,930 of 14,084
  I am calling it. If this firmware/driver actually makes it out on time, I will change my sig to "Home Rig: Laptop>Beats Executive>Idiot Brain, Work Rig: iPad>Beats Executive>Idiot Brain, Porta-rig>iPhone 5S (GOLD EDITION)>Beats Executive>Idiot Brain"

Kojaku

You sir, made me laugh
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #4,931 of 14,084
May 14, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #4,934 of 14,084
  I'm not sure the DX90 supports DXD.. it's not listed as a feature on the iBasso website. http://ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=83
Maybe you should write to iBasso support.

To be completely fair. DSD isn't listed either and I've had 100% amazing playback of all my DSD stuff on the DX90. I can't really comment on DXD though, because I don't own any DXD rips.

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back