DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #4,096 of 14,084
It should come up ready to play on power on if a card is already inserted.

Is your card by any chance write protected so the player cant write the directory that contains the result of the scan ?

No, thanks for thought, directory file resides on card and never a problem finding any file. Just a small inconvenience having to press the little cross at top when I don't know why. Card previously worked fine in X5 before I formatted (a few times now!). 

Only problem I've had playing files is some DSD have stopped after a few seconds then play after a restart as if the processing is catching up (again no problem with same files in X5).

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #4,097 of 14,084
I ordered directly from ibasso off their website there were no options for delivery or postage as far as I remember just a drop down with one option & a price for the total cost on my PayPal invoice I think but not positive shopping was $22
Cheers Jules

Very different route than the UK units last week. Ours went to Hong Kong, DHL charged Tax, then to Germany, East Midlands overnight, Heathrow then Gatwick, then delivery. Sounds long-winded but German arrival to actual knock on door less than 24 hours. Think the difference was Customs was cleared before entering Europe. Keep the Faith!

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #4,099 of 14,084
from what I know about these batteries the worst thing you can do to them is drain them to zero - this effects negatively their lifespan. on the other side charging them regularly every night should not hurt them (but I have read about cases of cheap batteries exploding when charging and I dont know how "cheap" is the one in DX90 but I wouldnt let without surveillance). also I have read that its best to keep them charged between 40-80 %, dont know if its true though. 

another question:

the screen shield has front - back marks. which side should I stick to the screen? my guess is the side marked as back but I could be wrong...

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #4,100 of 14,084
  from what I know about these batteries the worst thing you can do to them is drain them to zero - this effects negatively their lifespan. on the other side charging them regularly every night should not hurt them (but I have read about cases of cheap batteries exploding when charging and I dont know how "cheap" is the one in DX90 but I wouldnt let without surveillance). also I have read that its best to keep them charged between 40-80 %, dont know if its true though. 

another question:

the screen shield has front - back marks. which side should I stick to the screen? my guess is the side marked as back but I could be wrong...

'back' on the screen....'front' facing you :)

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #4,103 of 14,084
Has anyone else felt the vocals are more recessed in the dx90 than the dx50

Im not sure if this is true for the player or just a feature of some new headphones Im using

x

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #4,104 of 14,084
  Probably stupid question - can I recharge the dx90's battery every night or should I wait for it to run down before charging?  Will recharging it every day affect the battery negatively?

I leave mine plugged in when not using it. Remember, it is easy to replace the battery and to pick up a couple of extras. I have 2 2200uA and 1 4400uA and between the DX50 and DX90 have no worries. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #4,105 of 14,084
Damn - would have been so great. Hope you can get a refund on that - at least in the DX90 - unusable item

Sounds good. Looking forward to your feedback about the different batteries.

It's not gonna work. The way they get it so thin is by making it much bigger, longer than the DX90, and it also requires the back of the device to be totally flat and flush with the top of the stock battery.

Note 3 tapatalking....

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #4,106 of 14,084
Damn - would have been so great. Hope you can get a refund on that - at least in the DX90 - unusable item
Note 3 tapatalking....

It hadn't shipped so I just cancelled

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #4,107 of 14,084
This thread is moving so fast, so I apologize if this has been answered before. 
How does the DX90 compare to AK120/RWAK120 and ZX1(with new update)? Need something to cover the time until Calyx M is available. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #4,108 of 14,084
Since the DX90 weighs so little, can I call it my.....

drum roll...

Light Sabre

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #4,109 of 14,084
  So today I got annoyed with the fingerprints and smudges with the original screen protector that iBasso supplied,

so I tried to cut my own screen protector from Rhinoshield (ordered a samsung note 3 one, seems to be the biggest size)

I didnt do a particular good job but at çutting it (used a surgical knife)

but at least now I get no fingerprints and smudges on the screen!

Looks good!  Is it easier to keep the air bubbles out from under Rhinoshields?  My iBasso protector has as many bubbles as a really bad tinted stick-on for a car window.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back