DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 24, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #4,126 of 14,084
Tried many things, actually saw some tracks play to end and thought I'd cracked it. But returned even with one album on card. Constant now. all correctly tagged with embedded art.

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #4,127 of 14,084
I have had the DX90 for a few days now and it is truly a great DAP. However, I'm experiencing the problem with the cutting-off of the last 2-3 seconds of each song, which is really annoying with tracks that don't fade out. Has anyone found a solution yet?

i did encounter 
For some wave and cue file .. when playing the next track the DX90 will play the first 1 to 2 second of the new track then continue again from the  new track

track 1> first sec of track 2> track 2

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #4,129 of 14,084
Have you enabled gapless in the settings? It is off by default.

It is not affected by the gapless setting so don't think it is connected.

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #4,130 of 14,084
OK, I've had my DX90 for a few days. I bought a cheap no name 128 micro SD card off of ebay...I know, I know. Big mistake! It had multiple read errors on my PC and was freezing in the player. I ordered a 64GB Transcend and have not had one issue with it. All my ALAC songs copied over to the card by drag and drop. They all show up fine on the player...sound awesome, no more EQ issue, and everything is running smooth. In short, don't get a cheap card or you may have numerous problems. I had four or five major problems, that appear to all be caused by the cheap micro SD card.

I'm really loving this player. So far, using it mostly with UE Triple-Fi, but will hopefully be using my full size cans soon as well.

Crap!!! I ordered it.like over £40, was looking forward to using it:rage:

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #4,132 of 14,084
OK, I've had my DX90 for a few days. I bought a cheap no name 128 micro SD card off of ebay...I know, I know. Big mistake! It had multiple read errors on my PC and was freezing in the player. I ordered a 64GB Transcend and have not had one issue with it. All my ALAC songs copied over to the card by drag and drop. They all show up fine on the player...sound awesome, no more EQ issue, and everything is running smooth. In short, don't get a cheap card or you may have numerous problems. I had four or five major problems, that appear to all be caused by the cheap micro SD card.

I'm really loving this player. So far, using it mostly with UE Triple-Fi, but will hopefully be using my full size cans soon as well.

I can get a refund and send it back.
Nothing worse than transferring 128gb of music and not being able to use it.
Is there a chance it might work tho?
Or best, wait for the Sansa 128gb?

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #4,133 of 14,084
I was a certified Nokia repair tech at my former place of business and let me give you guys some pointers about Li ion batteries. All Li Ion batteries in general should be depleted fully to do a full recharge. On the DX90. Use it all the way till it drains or at it's very last bit of charge and when you charge it. Charge it fully before use. Either deplete the battery by using the device or charge the battery full. One or the other..

Charging the battery to 40 to 80% is ok but I don't recommend just keeping it at 40 to 80% at all times. The battery is made for full charge capacity and that is what it should be charged to every time. This maximizes the battery life and use of the battery.  I actually extended the battery life of the stock battery by 40 minutes or so by doing just this.. It is when your battery depletes and it stays that way for a long time is when the battery can start to loose it's charge and quality. 

+1

I actually do this will all my Li-ion batteries, including laptops and phones. I've noticed that my batteries stay healthy and last longer than other people's over the years. Hell I've got a laptop from 2004 but the battery still lasts 3.5 hours which is the same amount it ran when it was brand new. Crazy but true.

I'm actually letting the DX90 battery (Anker 2200) run to zero and than chraging it fully to 100% and have repeated the cycle around 10 times now (same with the X5). I don't really worry because the battery of the DX90 can be so easily replaced for cheap. I do worry more about the life of my X5 though.

Glad to hear I'm not crazy and that Nokia feels the same way.

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #4,134 of 14,084
The stock DX90/50 battery isn't anything special and costs around $10 online so I wouldn't be too worried about breaking it. 

BTW if anybody wants a genuine Samsung GS3 battery that is made in Japan, mine is available. According to Rudi this is the best battery and a step up over the made in China one. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #4,135 of 14,084
Li-ion don't like being stored at full or very low charge. Depending on what the DX90 considers turn off voltage, letting it sit after fully discharge may limit life. Just use it and and keep some charge in it. Getting anal won't help and doing complete discharge to fully charge may actually be worse. The fellows recommendations seemed more focused towards Ni-Cads. Mycel battery also lasts for years and I don't do anything special other than not let it run dry.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #4,136 of 14,084
So I've been looking into getting a new DAP which wouldn't require me to use a external amp and I would really like to get my hands on a DX90. Are there any international shops which have them for sale or do I have to wait for the next batch in may?

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #4,137 of 14,084
So I've been looking into getting a new DAP which wouldn't require me to use a external amp and I would really like to get my hands on a DX90. Are there any international shops which have them for sale or do I have to wait for the next batch in may?

Just wait, and in PayPal write them a note before paying to ship it please please please with DHL.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #4,139 of 14,084
First impressions:

First of all I would like to emphasize that the device must be of the nose. Both should Racon, as well as gain a little rawness in the second and third setting is sensed. In the meantime, to get halal ibasso of the box, there is also the nose of the cable. It is a cable with a 3.5mm side, the other a plastic box that is. Connect a headset device to cook just works. 
First impressions seemed to have DX50 already. Buyse been thoroughly and taken lessons from earlier. Clearer, more wide-scenes, more powerful, box, black silicone sheath, in the transmission cable and the next 3.5 to coax cable, 2 screen protector, nose and wired all these plug-ins, but only back a little DX90 will write up the humble :) (According to google translate as I am not native English :D )

My words in English: The device must be burnt in at first. Commenting before might lead to false claims regarding the sound. It is my way BTW, I burn everything before I speak of. Helping me in my way, thanks to ibasso for including a burnin cable in the box. A 3.5mm to n/a cable I am speaking of. You plug it in and start playing and the device gets cooked by itself. Cool :)
I am shy of giving my impressions about the sound now but I can easily say that they have done it! Learning their lessons from dx50, its now clearer, a wider and fuller scene and they had included that buring cable+black silicone cover, 2 screen protectors as well as the standart dx50 box contents. And finally their humbleness for just writing a small dx90 on the back cover. No fancy logos or indicators here. Respect :wink:  

Herkes bizim forumda erişemeyebilir diye ilk izlenimler:

Herşeyden önce şunu belirtmek isterim ki cihazın burnin olması şart. Hem racon gereği, hem de gain 2 ve 3 ayarlarında biraz çiğlik seziliyor. Bu arada helal olsun ibassoya, kutunun için burnin kablosu da var. Öyle bir kablo ki bir tarafı 3.5mm, diğer yani plastik bir kutu. Kulaklık takmadan sadece cihazı pişirmeye yarıyor.

İlk izlenim dx50 zaten olmuş gibiydi. Buysa iyice olmuş ve öncekinden dersler alınmış. Daha net, daha geniş sahneli, daha güçlü, kutusunda siyah silikon kılıflı, içinde aktarım kablolu ve yanında 3.5 to coax kablolu, 2 ekran koruyuculu, burnin kablolu ve tüm bu eklentilere rağmen sadece arkaya küçük bir dx90 yazacak kadar da alçakgönüllü 
color]

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #4,140 of 14,084
Li-ion don't like being stored at full or very low charge. Depending on what the DX90 considers turn off voltage, letting it sit after fully discharge may limit life. Just use it and and keep some charge in it. Getting anal won't help and doing complete discharge to fully charge may actually be worse. The fellows recommendations seemed more focused towards Ni-Cads. Mycel battery also lasts for years and I don't do anything special other than not let it run dry.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

I thought for a second he was talking about NiCd batteries which was notorious for "cell memory" (not sure if that's the correct term) which makes everyone paranoid about totally draing the battery before charging back in the day. That was ages ago.

Most CE nowadays if not all ships with Li Ion. I never bother with the charge/drain cycle and never notice any significant drop of performance. Except for fakes. Besides, your usage pattern will always be random and the law of average will come into play so it wont matter in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back