DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 21, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #3,961 of 14,084
Apr 21, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #3,962 of 14,084
  Had a worrying vertical multi-coloured line (or two) on right side of screen last night. Relieved it disappeared after a restart. Anyone else seen this happen?

Yes, I got this problem last night as well. Vertical multi-colored lines about 2-3 pixels in width on the right side of the screen, starting as soon as I boot-up the player. Restarted and it disappeared as well. Absolutely no clue what happened. So at least I can confirm your experience.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #3,963 of 14,084
I'm glad to see there are some batteries out there that are bigger. But now the only question is are they real, and who's actually tried them.

I recently bought one that was pretty much guaranteed a fake. They couldnt even spell battery right and the thing is basically a dud.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #3,964 of 14,084
I'm glad to see there are some batteries out there that are bigger. But now the only question is are they real, and who's actually tried them.

I recently bought one that was pretty much guaranteed a fake. They couldnt even spell battery right and the thing is basically a dud.

I've looked at both of the batteries posted here on xda, mixed results.

If an extra 1000mah+ could be squeezed into the same form factor as a stock battery, why hasn't Samsung or Anker done it?
Samsung sells a 'slim' 3000mah that is substantially thicker than stock.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #3,965 of 14,084

I've looked at both of the batteries posted here on xda, mixed results.

If an extra 1000mah+ could be squeezed into the same form factor as a stock battery, why hasn't Samsung or Anker done it?
Samsung sells a 'slim' 3000mah that is substantially thicker than stock.

Honestly as long as it can last longer than the stock battery it isnt too bad. Whether im purchasing one that actually DOES last longer is what im worried about though

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #3,968 of 14,084
I just need something that will last me long enough to get through a good chunk of a flight from the US to Asia... hoping someone has had some experienced with some of these batteries.

That's the one i tried and mine is completely useless. I'd stay away from it.

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #3,969 of 14,084

Those look less good to me and there's another listed as 3200 that looks identical. Chinese batteries that don't meet spec and wear out quickly are unfortunately very common. If they get warmer than usual, the writing is on the wall. That Hiflight had luck with the copper one that looks identical to the one I bought on ebay had me feel better about trying it. Also, that there aren't multiple look-alikes and sellers of it is encouraging. 

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #3,970 of 14,084
  I just need something that will last me long enough to get through a good chunk of a flight from the US to Asia... hoping someone has had some experienced with some of these batteries.

Good thing I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I guess I'll just buy an external battery charger.

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #3,971 of 14,084

Good thing I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I guess I'll just buy an external battery charger.

Alright, i just tried charging again, it seems it was a problem with the outlet. The outlet was working fine a few days ago... so not sure what went wrong there. I'm still a lil suspicious of the fact they cant spell "battery" but idk... made in japan so we'll see.

Guess i'll report back on how the SPB retains charge and how long it lasts.

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #3,972 of 14,084
I use Anker batteries Charger and 2 batteries is 24 dollars or so. Plenty of range with that. I have a 4400uA battery from Anker as well and use the silicon case to hold it in place. Works perfect. 

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #3,973 of 14,084
Yeah, thanks for the EQ advice. I am not messing with it anymore. It just muddies the sound, always. At least the EQ on this specific DAP.

And the battery life does leave me wanting. It is pretty bad...(4.25 hours from last full charge) :frowning2: 

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #3,975 of 14,084

MP4Nation has it for $420 with a free pair of $150 earbuds thrown in for free!

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat if I didn't already own mine.

That is an awesome deal! Someone is selling it on the forums for $419 + paypal and shipping lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back