DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 14, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #3,017 of 14,084
British or American not wrong just local
wink.gif

I dare to different American spelling is the defacto standard
biggrin.gif

It just depends on which world you live in.

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #3,018 of 14,084
Mine is still stuck at shipping info received.
frown.gif

Ordered around 9am est on release day. Needs to make its way to Ohio

So is mine - but ordered on the 12th (or 11th - can't remember that far back 
biggrin.gif
)

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #3,019 of 14,084
Spent a bit in Copenhagen, beautiful city......Wonderful friendly people.  Had a dinner date and when the check came I looked and said to the server, "Is there a mistake on this check?".  She responded, No mistake.......25% tax.  I said jokingly, that may cut into your tip.  She responded , No problem I make a very good salary. 

A 18% service charge is by default also included in the bill so tipping is not expected.

Denmark does not have a minimal wage decided by law as most countries do, rather that is left for bianual negotiations between unions and employers organisations in something known as "the Danish model". The level of this negotiated minimal wage is about $20-25.

Back to DX90 shipping. Mine is listed "Departed Hong Kong" 6 hours ago so presumably in air to Europe so I can't see any way that it will be delivered today but hopefully tomorrow.

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #3,020 of 14,084
Need some comparison between AK120, AK100 and DX90 before making decision whether to buy DX90. I could not find anyone talking about the difference in the thread. Some review with comparison will be really helpful.

I do not care about the amp part since I will use an external amp.

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #3,022 of 14,084
Need some comparison between AK120, AK100 and DX90 before making decision whether to buy DX90. I could not find anyone talking about the difference in the thread. Some review with comparison will be really helpful.

I do not care about the amp part since I will use an external amp.

IMO DX90 is better than AK120 in most SQ aspects, more transparent, wider soundstage, better imaging, no hiss on high gain even at my tg334. Don't want to start the hype train but I think the dx90 performs closer to my AK240 than to the AK120. But then I can imagine someone may prefer the wm8740 sound over ess and like the AK120 better as we all have different subjective preference.

You mentioned you don't care about the amp section, but unless you are driving cans, I struggle to find a reason for pairing dx90 with external amp for IEMs.

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #3,024 of 14,084
A 18% service charge is by default also included in the bill so tipping is not expected.

Denmark does not have a minimal wage decided by law as most countries do, rather that is left for bianual negotiations between unions and employers organisations in something known as "the Danish model". The level of this negotiated minimal wage is about $20-25.

Back to DX90 shipping. Mine is listed "Departed Hong Kong" 6 hours ago so presumably in air to Europe so I can't see any way that it will be delivered today but hopefully tomorrow.

Thank You!  Appreciate the information, as I look to getting another chance to visit in the near future.......Best Wishes.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #3,029 of 14,084

I just realized that I got two texts from DHL mixed up 
redface.gif

No DX90 for us today, it seems, but probably tomorrow.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #3,030 of 14,084
  I see the battery is listed as a 2100mAh - I see an extended one (4500mAh) that will obviously not work with the DX90 due to size - but there is a sale on ebay where you can get three 2900mAh batteries and a charger for twelve bucks. Is it just a higher capacity in the same size or a third size that also won't fit? I just like the idea of a battery charger having a hot battery waiting when the DX90 taps out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-x-2900mAh-battery-USB-Charger-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S-3-III-i535-L710-T999-i9300-/390807370294?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item5afdef3a36

Please note that the only way to make batteries that cheap is to use the cheapest possible materials and skimp on the QC. Oh and for most of the cheapo batteries, the mAH figures are basically made up. You don't have to buy original Samsung batteries, but at least get an Anker battery or other recognized brand. Yes, they're more expensive but they probably won't blow up in your DX90, turning your DAP into a $419 paperweight. Also, I'm fairly certain that a 2100mah Anker battery will last longer than a $3 "2900 mah" battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back