DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #61 of 1,212

Confirmed 24/88.1, 24/96, 24/192 all DO NOT work from coaxial out.

Only 24/48 works....  wonder if this is firmware issue or is there hardware limitation

Since I have no use for this DAP if it doesn't support 24/192, I emailed iBasso.  I got this rapid reply from iBasso concerning this issue:

Hi,
It is up to 24/48 now, but it will be up to 24/192 with our new firmware.

Sincerely

iBasso Audio

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #62 of 1,212
  Hi, ,
First, we will keep update the firmware.  On the next firmware, you can see the album art when you are browsing under ALBUM. 
However, we dont plan to add the album art thumbnail on diretory and all music, because it will lower the browsing speed.

The DX50 works with my WIn7 64bit PC.  I would recommend to check your USB setting on your PC.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

here is an update 

Hi... I figured out the Win7 thing, I think you must turn on the device before plugging the usb cable in....

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #63 of 1,212
Just heard from iBasso. The new firmware will be released in 2 days...

:)

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #64 of 1,212
Dear headfiers,

by all pleasure the divice is inspiring, does no one see the giant bug?! This is a really super DAP, but where the hell is the search-function? Some would it call state-of-the-art. Does the other ones have pleasure by searching "the one" title in about thousands of files, seriously? (And yes, i know about folder structuring - already have it). I completly agree handling some files for testing wouldn't be a big deal. But soon testing is done and firmware is well-engineered, then its a all-day-usable-DAP saving many titles on severeal SD's. And really nobody will know the album or artist of every disired title anytime, so this function is going to be your hero. If anybody isn't a friend of this - he does not have to use it; but it's the users choice.

This -and just this- will me withhold from buying (a friend of mine is having one, by the way). It's my greatest wish that there will be a "bugfix". I don't know the view of our american friends, but most european will declare it as a missing. Still waggling my wallet; do the step an take my money :wink:

So on, i'm full of hope, rock on  |..|,

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #65 of 1,212
The DX100 did have a search function (was quite handy actually) and since ibasso is still using android I don't see why they can't implement it again?

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #66 of 1,212
Just in case of blindness @ any happy owner: if it's there, how i'm able to access the search-funtion; able to take pictures ?! (the friend of mine is having vacation... 4 weeks ... with DX50 ... these damn .... ^^, so i can't search the search-function anymore)

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #67 of 1,212
They might have already implemented it in test builds, but decided it was too buggy for initial release, so delayed it until a future firmware update to make sure it doesn't cause too many problems.

Though many will complain about a lot of bugs anyway, but at least it does play music. 

This might come off as fanboyism, but that's not my intention. Every new tech release has problems. I'm willing to give iBasso the benefit of the doubt and believe that they're intending to add these features soon.

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #68 of 1,212
Many thanks! There i completly agree: first make it run, then the tuning! So on, that means waiting for the search-able DX50! Oh lord, life is so hard... *wannahave!wannahave!wannahave!*

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #69 of 1,212
Well, I have now got many of my ALACs to play. The fatal error: copying the folders onto the SD card using a Mac. If you do this, the Mac fills the folder with "rubbish" files (which are only of use to the Mac operating system). It is imperative to move the files from the Mac to a PC to clean up the folders before transferring to the DX50!

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #71 of 1,212
Still can't get it to play HD files properly. It will play about 20% of my 192 KHz FLACs, but then crashes at the end of the track. It can't move on to the next track.

This is a shame, as the SQ when playing HD FLACs (downloaded from HD Tape Transfers) is excellent

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #72 of 1,212
Still can't get it to play HD files properly. It will play about 20% of my 192 KHz FLACs, but then crashes at the end of the track. It can't move on to the next track.

This is a shame, as the SQ when playing HD FLACs (downloaded from HD Tape Transfers) is excellent

I have like 30gb of 24 bit files (192 and 96 mostly) of my sd card now and never had one crash or file failing to play yet.... its a shame your files are not working for you.

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #73 of 1,212
I shall stop messing around with tags and wait for the new firmware. Maybe they will work properly then.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #74 of 1,212
some new bug on battery indication~..

i have my battery charged at the S3 desktop battery charger....when i use the battery on my samsung s3..the battery level show 100%..but when i show it on dx50...it tell me my battery is empty..but the player can function with no issue...this is the 2nd time ....first time i use another battery and it show me 50% only~...

sigh~ :frowning2:

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #75 of 1,212
Well, I have now got many of my ALACs to play. The fatal error: copying the folders onto the SD card using a Mac. If you do this, the Mac fills the folder with "rubbish" files (which are only of use to the Mac operating system). It is imperative to move the files from the Mac to a PC to clean up the folders before transferring to the DX50!

I am having the same exact problem as you and I am using a Mac as well. I cant get this thing to play one flax file and very few mp3's...in fact my Mac does even pick it up when its plugged in via USB...I have to use the SD card slot. After moving all of your files to the PC is there any additional steps to be taken? I am really disappointed overall.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back