DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 7, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #16 of 1,212
Anyone else notice when browsing either in Folder or Album, thumbnails of the cover art are not showing as in the UI pic they showed on their iBasso site?  The cover art show up properly once the file is being played.  But no thumbnail on the scrolling lists.

Same here, when album is playing the art shows up but not as per the bottom lefy picture on the dx50 product page on the ibasso site

Sep 7, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #17 of 1,212
Important Fix: Use Rockbox or Open hardware specs, APIs
Doing so will help DX50 to get:
1. Endless audio formats support
2. Stable to cutting edge firmware support
3. Ease of use
4. Applications/Custom development support (like iBasso can do some development to contribute to USB OTG feature)

What DX50 might lose
1. Bugs
2. Instability/Crashing
3. House sound (most likely)
4. USB OTG

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #18 of 1,212
3. Ease of use
4. Applications/Custom development support (like iBasso can do some development to contribute to USB OTG feature)

What DX50 might lose
1. Bugs
2. Instability/Crashing
3. House sound (most likely)
4. USB OTG

I doubt this will happen because ibasso is at the mercy of rockchip to my knowledge. They are very proprietary about their designs (rockchip) and even if its crap they don't care.

Sep 7, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #19 of 1,212
Anyone's DX50 unable to be detected on your pc ? Says mine malfunctioned and/or cannot be detected. Im running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Sep 7, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #20 of 1,212
  Anyone's DX50 unable to be detected on your pc ? Says mine malfunctioned and/or cannot be detected. Im running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Try and find the driver in device manager and manually delete it. Restart the PC and then plug it back in and see if it installs properly. Could be a corrupted driver.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #22 of 1,212
Quite annoying for it to constantly scan for so long each time it turns on. hmm

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #23 of 1,212
Same here, when album is playing the art shows up but not as per the bottom lefy picture on the dx50 product page on the ibasso site

has anybody managed to get album art display when browsing by albums as per the bottom left picture on the dx50 product page on the ibasso site?

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #24 of 1,212
Do you guys have issue when playing music on all music folder where when shuffle is activated but the song just keep repeating itself. I have 1000+ of songs in there but only the first play song is able to play... Just music album is ok. not for all music.

Yes I have the same issue, it seems that when you press a song in the the "All music" section, it's added to the current playlist, so if you have nothing playing, the song keep repeating itself. I  couldn't find any way to play all songs :frowning2:

Also, did you guys see a screen where actions such as "Delete", "Track information" and "Add to now playing" were available ? I saw it yesterday but can't reproduce it now.

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #25 of 1,212
When you open a folder/artist/album, going back will take you to the top of the folder/artist/album list. This isn't a huge problem, but it does annoy me, since I usually go from top to bottom when choosing music.

File names that include certain punctuation marks will refuse to play, including apostrophes, exclamation marks and question marks. This also includes the ID3 tags. 

Diagraphed characters will show up in the browsing view, but when in the now playing view, these characters will disappear. For instance, 'Alizée' becomes 'Aliz e'. Not sure if this happens to all of these types of characters, but it seems that way to me.

EDIT: Found another bug. When you have a track paused, and insert a plug into the line-out jack, the song will resume playing without you telling it to resume. Don't really know what the reason for that is, so I'm going to assume it's a bug.

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #26 of 1,212
  When you open a folder/artist/album, going back will take you to the top of the folder/artist/album list. This isn't a huge problem, but it does annoy me, since I usually go from top to bottom when choosing music.

agreed - minor pain to have to sometimes scroll all the way back down or beyond where you were

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #27 of 1,212

Stable to cutting edge on what platforms exactly? Rockbox is pretty stable on my Cowon D2+ but it still doesn't support writing to internal storage for a few years now. I don't know if it has "cutting edge support" for any relatively new device.
And you forgot to mention that DX50 might lose native hi-res playback, because Rockbox engine is 16/44 or 16/48, I don't remember which exactly.
So while I love Rockbox on my Cowon and I think it's rather good at getting the maximum out of lo-fi hardware, I don't think it really cuts it for modern hi-fi or even budget-fi DAPs.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #28 of 1,212
I tried some CJK characters:

1. chinese are supported just fine (obvious thing is obvious...)

2. japanese characters - some are supported but maybe dependent on encoding and I'm not sure which works.  I understand there could be at least 4: JIS, Shift-JIS, EUC, and UTF.  Bottomline my files with Jap character file names showed up in folder nav and are also scanned into the DB.  Tracks played fine but the japanese characters in tags doesn't get displayed.  (same for my AK120, but instead of not showing it, it would show a square in place of the char)

3. korean characters - all of the characters are not showing.  I can navigator to the folder but it will not play.  Surprisingly they are scanned into the DB and can be played if browsed via Albums.

Can others shared your experience on the japanese/korean character encoding so that I can clean the tags/filename accordingly?  Thanks!

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #30 of 1,212
  Can others shared your experience on the japanese/korean character encoding so that I can clean the tags/filename accordingly?  Thanks!

I haven't got any Japanese or Korean songs, but even some standard characters in the Latin Alphabet don't get displayed properly. Particularly those with diagraphs (é, á, ó etc.). Songs with an apostrophe will refuse to play until it is removed from the ID3 tag and file name, but folders with apostrophes ca be browsed normally. 

It's pretty strange considering how much the apostrophe is used in contractions, shortenings (like goin') and possession. 

I might have Kow Otani's album with Japanese tags, I'll check it and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back