DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Aug 2, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #1,201 of 1,212
Howlin Fester,

Also, if you remember, could you please tell me where you have read about the gapless playback not working with MP3 files?

I have been reading the DX50 and DX90 threads since the beginning. It has come up a bunch over the years. Sorry I can't be more helpful other than to say do a search. It's in there somewhere.

Sep 25, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #1,202 of 1,212
Hey guys,this isn't really a bug in the firmware but maybe someone had pointers for when I own my Dx50 to look around for loose connections.

The screen on it sometimes goes off colored but still readable, sometimes the screen color is fine but the screen is all garbled. However when the screen is garbled and you push on the upper left of the screen it clears up. Soon as you let go, back to garbled. Sometimes it fixes itself for a bit then back to garbled.

I'm hoping it's a loose connector because it's still working really great sound wise. Suggestions, tips, etc welcome!

Running mango

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #1,203 of 1,212
I purchased 2 of these and both seem to have a problem where the song will skip or pop multiple times during a song. This happens on both devices and I have tried using different headphones and different filetypes. Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #1,204 of 1,212
  I purchased 2 of these and both seem to have a problem where the song will skip or pop multiple times during a song. This happens on both devices and I have tried using different headphones and different filetypes. Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

I have had a problem that I call "fade in/fade out" or "skipping" or "blanking" where the music will fade out and then come back.
Below is a post where I describe how I get around it, and I linked to Lurker0's post that describes the root cause.

My post about fixing fade out issues.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/the-ibasso-dx50-thread-latest-firmware-1-9-3-july-2-2015/17850#post_12030894

Lurker0 post about sound buffer overrun.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-3-0/9030#post_11037042

If that is what you are talking about with "skip or pop", then these posts may help you.  And I can help clarify anything that I'm doing.  If this does not describe your issues, then I haven't experienced skips and pops, exactly.  Hope this helps.

Dec 29, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #1,206 of 1,212
Jan 18, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #1,207 of 1,212
Hello all, I've searched for solutions but still experiencing the blank screen. Does anyone know the way to fix this? The one with safety mode included is difficult as 1) the screen is empty and 2) my lower volume button is very sensitive. It may detect 2 button presses.

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #1,208 of 1,212
Hey guys,this isn't really a bug in the firmware but maybe someone had pointers for when I own my Dx50 to look around for loose connections.

The screen on it sometimes goes off colored but still readable, sometimes the screen color is fine but the screen is all garbled. However when the screen is garbled and you push on the upper left of the screen it clears up. Soon as you let go, back to garbled. Sometimes it fixes itself for a bit then back to garbled.

I'm hoping it's a loose connector because it's still working really great sound wise. Suggestions, tips, etc welcome!

Running mango

I sometimes have a similar problem on my HM-901. I don't make a big thing out of it. It has nothing to do with the sound.

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #1,209 of 1,212
I fixed the screen problem.

Another issue I'm having is the line out pauses itself. I think it has something to do with the line out port itself (like the cable is being unplugged but it really isn't, yet the player stops and can be made to play again instantly by pressing play). The headphone out doesn't have this issue leading me to believe it's the port itself.

Anyone run into that before? I noticed this is a pretty dead thread, will post on the std thread as well.

Jun 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #1,210 of 1,212
Hi,
I've just updated my iBasso DX50 to the latest firmware available. Now I'm unable to select "DAC Mac/Linux" from the USB menu. Just tapping doesn't select it, all the other options work fine. I did a full reset already. 
Any ideas? 

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #1,211 of 1,212
Since yesterday, when i boot my DX50, the LCD doesn't display anything, it's just a bit grey. I can hear the 'clic' when starting...
The battery is full, so it's not a problem from there.
When i plug the USB cable, the "USB connected" message appears : the LCD works :p
I discovered i can retrieve the "normal" screen on a strange way...
I go on sleep mode pushing the power button, then slice the lock button, then power on, and once the "locked" message appear, release it, then push again the power button : then, my "normal" display goes back and my DX50 works fine ! ! !
I installed the new 1.9.5 firmaware, save back to factory setup, same problem
I installed the Rockbox firmware, same problem...

Jun 15, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #1,212 of 1,212
ibasso DX50 EQ issue with 96 khz (or higher)

There is a problem through all firmwares with the equalized sound, when you play songs with 88.2 khz, 96 khz or 192 khz. All songs with 44.1 and 48 khz sound fine with EQ. But when you play 96 khz-music (as an expample for Hi-Res music), it sounds dull and disorted (test with two dx50-players ;firmware 1.5.0, 1.9.3, 1.9.4 and 1.9.5) when EQ is activated (it doesn't matter, if you use a preset or an individual setting with 10 band).
The same songs in lower resolution (downsampled before on computer to 48 or 44.1 khz) sound brilliant, open and clear. I hoped, that the last firmware-version (1.9.5) solves the problem. But it doesn't.
The issue with dull and disorted sound gets worse, the more the sampling-frequency rises (worst at 192 khz).
I also tested with two different headphones. Can someone confirm?
When i switch off the EQ, the problem is gone. All versions of example-songs (44.1, 48, 96, 192 khz) sound quite identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back