DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #406 of 3,609
Quote:

You are of course entirely right to say that. Choices are what complicates things.

Personally, I feel that's a pity coz I like the neutral signature of Sabre chips.
Having said that, I eventually plumped for my current AK100 & Vorzuge amp coz I managed to get good prices for both.
But for pure sound quality, DX100 is still my choice for the current best DAP in the market.

Yes, the DX100 is an amazing DAP. Who would have dreamed it a few years ago. I think it will stand the up for a long time. Having stated that, I am still anxious for the DX50 for its size and I am curious as to the new user interface, which is not Android and is proprietary to iBasso (it will be purely for the music).

May 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #407 of 3,609
Quote:
Someone should call Sorensiim, I think he is too much into Google I/O and missing the specs in here 
tongue.gif

Competition between FiiO X5 and DX50 will be nice I believe.

I can keep an eye on both, thanks to an embarassing amount of computers, tablets and phones in my home!

Specs look damn nice, but my DX100 isn't up for sale yet...

May 15, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #408 of 3,609
Quote:
I can keep an eye on both, thanks to an embarassing amount of computers, tablets and phones in my home!

My DX100 will never go up for sale. I really enjoy the large screen and ability to scroll through many albums with so many showing up on the screen, due to its size. Then there is the sound. :^)

May 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #410 of 3,609
Quote:
26 mm is pretty thick. It sounds like it will be heavy as well. Hopefully that means a good battery is there.

Samsung that is user replaceable. 

May 15, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #411 of 3,609
Quote:

You can keep it while enjoying DX50 too, I don't own DX100 but pretty much everybody agree that it is the best sounding DAP in the market now.

May 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #413 of 3,609
Color me interested. While a part of me would have certainly liked to see a Sabre DAC, I am interested to see how far they can take the Wolfson, which might end up being a better choice for on-the-go listening anyway. Battery life and sound quality... Looking forward to seeing what iBasso can do here :wink:

May 15, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #414 of 3,609
Quote:
X3?  The Wolfson is a very popular dac now. It resolves well and besides the Wolson 8741 and 42, is one of the top dacs.
It is what makes the world go round, so to speak. Some prefer the organic sound of the Wolfson dac and some prefer the more neutral Sabre dac. I think they both do a good job and enjoy both. The Sabre dac, if it had been placed in.  the DX50, would obviously drive the price up and the run time down as it takes more current to run it correctly. The 8740 is a fairly inexpensive dac in quantity, runs well on lower current. Also, there is no way to know the sound yet, since we haven't heard the DX50 and do not know what is being used for the amp section, which has a lot to do with everything.

Fiio X3. 

May 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #416 of 3,609
Damn. Seriously? A portable player that is 26mm thick? I was looking at this because I thought that it would be 1.5mm thick. It's just as thick as the DX100.

May 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #417 of 3,609
Quote:
IBasso should price this very well

It has almost similiar specs with the Fiio X3

Fiio is very competitive on pricing

I believe it is hard to compete against FiiO on pricing, but I have a feeling like, soundwise, DX50 will be rival of X5 instead of X3. I might be very wrong though. Nobody has heard DX50 yet so we are basicly guessing only.

May 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #418 of 3,609
Quote:
I believe it is hard to compete against FiiO on pricing, but I have a feeling like, soundwise, DX50 will be rival of X5 instead of X3. I might be very wrong though. Nobody has heard DX50 yet so we are basicly guessing only.

well if it doesn't compete on pricing it won't do that well.  If it does indeed have similar specs to the x3 then it should but that how i see it

May 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #419 of 3,609
Quote:

well if it doesn't compete on pricing it won't do that well.  If it does indeed have similar specs to the x3 then it should but that how i see it

Just because the measurements seem the same doesn't mean the product will sound or be priced similarly. There are plenty of products now that measure very similar but sound quite different, and are priced very different.

May 15, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #420 of 3,609
Quote:

Just because the measurements seem the same doesn't mean the product will sound or be priced similarly. There are plenty of products now that measure very similar but sound quite different, and are priced very different.

yes yes I understand that two devices with similar specs can sound different.... but it isnt night and day different.  IF they use similar components; there are going to be more similarities than differences.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back