1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jamato8, Apr 24, 2013.
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last
  1. AmberOzL
    Someone should call Sorensiim, I think he is too much into Google I/O and missing the specs in here [​IMG]

Competition between FiiO X5 and DX50 will be nice I believe.

2. smallcaps
    Oh crap. Spoke too soon. Missed the "micro" in front of SD card. So about 70gb after the internal storage using a 64gb card.

3. cravenz
    P.R.I.C.E please [​IMG]

4. AmberOzL
    Quote:

People have some faith in here about technology and bigger capacity microsd cards. They believe high capacities are 'coming soon'.

5. toxicdrift
    this is awesome, now just waiting for the price :)

6. TekeRugburn
    man....just make the price comparable to the fiio x3.  Would rather get an ibasso than a fiio.

7. Retrias
    Quote:
    there is this thing called a SD to micro sd adapter , that people use to jump up their Dx100 capacity

8. Fatalethal
    in to sub to this thread... this is really interesting.

9. smallcaps

Yup. Spoils the form factor tho. Was hoping for standard SD card slots internally for price and capacity. I guess it would be too big to use internally and retain the footprint and power profile.

10. Joe-Siow
    Quote:

Very interesting specs.
    Just waiting for the DAC chip type and price then.

11. jamato8 Contributor
    Quote:

Wolfson 8740.

12. Dumbleroar
    Quote:
    That's what the x3 is going to have right?

13. Joe-Siow
    Quote:

It's more likely than not out of the running for me then.

Wolfson tends to have slightly warmish signature that accencuates the mid bass.
    Might have to sell my AK100 & Vorzuge Pure for a DX100 then.

Pity.

14. jamato8 Contributor
    Quote:
    X3?  The Wolfson is a very popular dac now. It resolves well and besides the Wolson 8741 and 42, is one of the top dacs.
    Quote:
    It is what makes the world go round, so to speak. Some prefer the organic sound of the Wolfson dac and some prefer the more neutral Sabre dac. I think they both do a good job and enjoy both. The Sabre dac, if it had been placed in.  the DX50, would obviously drive the price up and the run time down as it takes more current to run it correctly. The 8740 is a fairly inexpensive dac in quantity, runs well on lower current. Also, there is no way to know the sound yet, since we haven't heard the DX50 and do not know what is being used for the amp section, which has a lot to do with everything.

15. Joe-Siow
    Quote:

You are of course entirely right to say that. Choices are what complicates things.

Personally, I feel that's a pity coz I like the neutral signature of Sabre chips.
    Having said that, I eventually plumped for my current AK100 & Vorzuge amp coz I managed to get good prices for both.
    But for pure sound quality, DX100 is still my choice for the current best DAP in the market.

First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last