DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 16, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #436 of 3,609
May 16, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #439 of 3,609
Do we have any info on the specs of the headphone out aside from the 0.5 ohm output impedence? power output? THD? anything? or has it been stated by ibasso (or a reliable source) to expect DX100 specs? I don't see enough actual info to get excited about performance. only a hope that it will come close to the DX100. I don't think we know very much about this yet.

May 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #441 of 3,609
Quote:
guys, take my predictions with a grain of salt but i guess there are some that we can already guess about dx50 : 
- it shouldn't be a competition for dx100 (ibasso wouldn't want dx100 sales to suffer from companies another dap)
so logically below would be my humble predictions for dx50 : 
- dx100 will be superior in sound, amplifying options and unique with it's android os.
- dx50 most probably will not have an ess chip but rather have a wm8740 as dac section and would sound similar to fiio x3 (or a tad bit better overall).
- it's price would be at around 300 $.
these are my personal predictions and they will be tested in two weeks i hope so :)

i do not want to say that "i knew it", but i guess i did : )

May 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #442 of 3,609
May 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #443 of 3,609
Correction, it is 16.9 thick not 26mm.

Gapless 

May 16, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #444 of 3,609
Quote:
Correction, it is 16.9 thick not 26mm. 

WOW! Now that is very nice! I was initially a bit turned off by the thickness because I was looking for something thin that can easily fit in my jeans pocket. Thin DAP, exchangeable batteries, potentially 2TB storage. Sounds like an awesome combo to me :)

Might be blasphemous for some but I hope it will have a good EQ software (like Cowon's Jeteffect) as well XP

May 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #446 of 3,609
Quote:
Amazing. Now it's looking even better.

Agreed. Gapless has a big importance for me. Sizewise, it sounds pretty nice too.

It sounds like, it will be an awesome [c]iem friendly DAP. I think I will stop using headphones and go towards to iems, so for me, it is indeed extremely interesting.

About EQ, I really couldn't care less. Especially things like Cowon did, JetEffect and all. IMO, they are pretty useless and synthetic.

I love my music flat, but I understand why people like to play with EQ too, it is just not my cup of tea.

May 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #447 of 3,609
All we need now is some some chip info and we'll have all the boxes checked off. Fingers crossed the OS isn't bug infested. It's looking real good so far boys. Maybe we'll finally have a DAP to rule the C(IEM) world.

May 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #448 of 3,609
Quote:
All we need now is some some chip info and we'll have all the boxes checked off. Fingers crossed the OS isn't bug infested. It's looking real good so far boys. Maybe we'll finally have a DAP to rule the C(IEM) world.

Couldn't agree more but I still want to see FiiO X5 too. I think both of them will fight to the death 
tongue.gif

May 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #449 of 3,609
Quote:
Agreed. Gapless has a big importance for me. Sizewise, it sounds pretty nice too.

It sounds like, it will be an awesome [c]iem friendly DAP. I think I will stop using headphones and go towards to iems, so for me, it is indeed extremely interesting.

About EQ, I really couldn't care less. Especially things like Cowon did, JetEffect and all. IMO, they are pretty useless and synthetic.

I love my music flat, but I understand why people like to play with EQ too, it is just not my cup of tea.

I perfectly understand where you are coming from. I usually prefer my music flat as well but every now and then I get the desire to slightly eq my sound a little bit. For example, I keep my eq flat on my cowon 95% of the time but during the other 5% I would like a tiny bit more treble with my Shure 535s and thats when Cowon's Jeteffect becomes really useful.

And yeah, hopefully the OS is intuitive and has the ability to make playlists on the DAP itself (unlike Cowon where it has to be made on your PC beforehand)

May 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #450 of 3,609
You guys think the DX will have firmware to sink with windows media player? I'm not a huge fan of that player. I'm wondering if they'll bundle their own proprietary software with it. I doubt it would sync with iTunes considering their software is a walled garden setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back