DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Sep 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #3,332 of 3,609
You can get one at moon audio, blue jean, and whiplash, but I'm attracted to their sheer customizability of DHC. Blue jeans is cheaper but I personally  believe in OCC so I choose not to go for BJ.

Im not really looking at paying half the price of the dx50 for a cable! I thought you could get one for a few bucks lol.

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #3,335 of 3,609
A 75 Ohm digital coax, terminated in a 1/8" mono jack plug at the source end, an RCA plug at the DAC end. The issue is that 75 Ohm Coax cables tend to be fairly thick, and not all will fit into a 1/8" plug! Not every coaxial interconnect cable is suitable for use as a digital interconnect... Also, to prevent undue strain on the DX50's jack socket, it is a good idea to specify a light, flexible cable.

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #3,336 of 3,609
Quote:
A 75 Ohm digital coax, terminated in a 1/8" mono jack plug at the source end, an RCA plug at the DAC end. The issue is that 75 Ohm Coax cables tend to be fairly thick, and not all will fit into a 1/8" plug! Not every coaxial interconnect cable is suitable for use as a digital interconnect... Also, to prevent undue strain on the DX50's jack socket, it is a good idea to specify a light, flexible cable.

X3-11.jpg

Here is the cable you want: Nexans RG179 (the one on top)

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #3,338 of 3,609
I thought a 3.5mm to RCA coax would be included, like it was with the DX100? 

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #3,339 of 3,609
Quote:
I thought a 3.5mm to RCA coax would be included, like it was with the DX100? 

I believe it will be included. Only time will tell from now.

Anyways, a quick question, do you actually use that cable?

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #3,341 of 3,609
Quote:
I believe it will be included. Only time will tell from now.

Anyways, a quick question, do you actually use that cable?

Nope. Mine has been used once, at a local meetup where we tested if the DX100 really did fire on all cylinders. We plugged in two headphones (6.3 & 3.5mm) an amp (lineout) and two DAC's, via coax and optical. 

Yes, there's output to all 5 ports at once. Nope, it didn't break a sweat 
cool.gif

All you need for making such a cable yourself is a couple of parts and a soldering gun. I'd probably go for for Mogami 2534 cable (get 2893 for a more flexible cable), Neutrik/Rean "big bore" 3.5mm mono and ditto RCA. 10 minutes of work, tops.

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #3,342 of 3,609
Quote:

It isn't ridiculous.  They took money on the 20th with said shipping on the 26th.  So they took money on orders for a product that wasn't even made yet?  It wasn't a pre-order; it was simply an order.  Delays for weather, shipping thats fine but delays in manufacturing on a product that you're selling and wasn't announced that it was actually a pre-order is wrong. 

How big of an operation Ibasso is irrelevant.  If they are that small; they shouldn't be taking orders like they are.  

Quote:
Yeah, maybe some people don't understand common sense but I do. Ibasso should have simply put it for Pre-order if none were made already. How hard is that? How can a company put something for order when they don't have any made.

I don't know how it is your country but when I order something I expect it to be on time. This isn't some made to order product. You put something for sale you should have it in hand. If not; specify that it's a pre-order and it'd be shipped out when built.

They didn't have any built, there was a delay in their manufacturing but they were still taking orders on it like everything was ready to go. If they didn't have any built they shouldn't have put it for order. It's common sense.

Goodness, there he goes again with these pointless rants and whines.
For Christ's sake, just cancel the bloody order already if you haven't.
Do it for everyone's sake and stop the pathetic whining.

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #3,344 of 3,609
Quote:
Goodness, there he goes again with these pointless rants and whines.
For Christ's sake, just cancel the bloody order already if you haven't.
Do it for everyone's sake and stop the pathetic whining.

Here's a trick I've found to make my Head-Fi experience a lot better:

(No, I'm not blocking Joe-Slow!)

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #3,345 of 3,609
Quote:
Don't yoos go  mess'n  with ol Joe now ya hear......
size]

Quote:

Here's a trick I've found to make my Head-Fi experience a lot better:

(No, I'm not blocking Joe-Slow!)

No offence to anyone, it's just that he's been whining about the same issue for a couple of days now.
It's just not helping the cause here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back