DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Sep 2, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #3,363 of 3,609
Possibly he's not overly confident in describing sound, so makes up for it with pictures for us. :smile:

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #3,365 of 3,609
Quote:
Possibly he's not overly confident in describing sound, so makes up for it with pictures for us.
smile.gif

Although with the DX100 he did leave some impressions vs the Hifiman 801. Basically saying the Hifiman 801s sound next to the DX100 is laughable and a cute attempt at best :wink:.

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #3,366 of 3,609
Although with the DX100 he did leave some impressions vs the Hifiman 801. Basically saying the Hifiman 801s sound next to the DX100 is laughable and a cute attempt at best :wink:.

Well Lin is correct in saying wagen's posts are all very "iBasso orientated" to say the least. One quick check of his profile and thread posts make that fairly clear.

It could be anyone, couldn't it Lee, O_o Will the detective Head-fi members work it out? We'll have to wait and see..........

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #3,367 of 3,609
Quote:
Well Lin is correct in saying wagen's posts are all very "iBasso orientated" to say the least. One quick check of his profile and thread posts make that fairly clear.

It could be anyone, couldn't it Lee, O_o Will the detective Head-fi members work it out? We'll have to wait and see..........

"The New Sheriff's In Town
evil_smiley.gif
"

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #3,368 of 3,609
Quote:
Are you kidding? I love the 901 but the dx100 was more stable. The 901 had wheels falling off, a charger exploding and someone's iem blowing up im his ear !

And also I cannot believe how people are getting worked up for a week of delay...get a life. For UM's 3dd the delay is much longer and people are complaining but not like everyday...

Who's getting worked up? I certainly am not. I've dealt with the company since the beginning of this year, was one of the first to order a DX50, have been in contact with them (as they forgot to send me back my warranty card for my DX100 and are including it in this shipment), and am quite satisfied with them giving an extra battery for not providing the unit on time. 

As for your 901...great! ::slow clap::

Perhaps you haven't had the joy of having a DX100 that was built in December of 2012 and you didn't have to go through what others have. It's common knowledge that the DX100 is quirky, finicky, and requires tender care. You call that stable? It's common knowledge that iBasso has zero quality control as it's evident from the sheer number of issues with the product. 

But we keep using it because frankly, to my ears, it's the best sounding unit out there other than the Tera Player. I don't base my comment on anything but experience. I've owned a Tera, C3, DX100, and a RWAK-100. The RWAK-100 has far less issues than the DX100...but the DX sounds better to me. The DX is easier to use with MediaMonkey as far as playlists and syncing is concerned, and the DX comes with a built in amp. 

Some people...as you say may be "worked up" because they haven't had to deal with a company like iBasso before...and no matter how many times YOU or I tell them not to worry...they still spent money on a unit that didn't arrive on time as advertised.

To just flippantly throw out your little "get a life" comment is not only rude  but uncalled for IMO. 

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #3,369 of 3,609
Quote:
Who's getting worked up? I certainly am not. I've dealt with the company since the beginning of this year, was one of the first to order a DX50, have been in contact with them (as they forgot to send me back my warranty card for my DX100 and are including it in this shipment), and am quite satisfied with them giving an extra battery for not providing the unit on time. 

As for your 901...great! ::slow clap::

Perhaps you haven't had the joy of having a DX100 that was built in December of 2012 and you didn't have to go through what others have. It's common knowledge that the DX100 is quirky, finicky, and requires tender care. You call that stable? It's common knowledge that iBasso has zero quality control as it's evident from the sheer number of issues with the product. 

But we keep using it because frankly, to my ears, it's the best sounding unit out there other than the Tera Player. I don't base my comment on anything but experience. I've owned a Tera, C3, DX100, and a RWAK-100. The RWAK-100 has far less issues than the DX100...but the DX sounds better to me. The DX is easier to use with Media-Monkey as far as playlists and syncing is concerned, and the DX comes with a built in amp. 

Some people...as you say may be "worked up" because they haven't had to deal with a company like iBasso before...and no matter how many times YOU or I tell them not to worry...they still spent money on a unit that didn't arrive on time as advertised.

To just flippantly throw out your little "get a life" comment is not only rude  but uncalled for IMO. 

I think preference really comes into it all as well. Honestly going from memory I would not have traded my DX100 for the Tera Player. While the Tera has a very unique sound I appreciate the more Hifi sound the DX100 has. Regarding neutral sound the DX100 on 1.1.7 (if I recall correctly) was the most neutral I've heard a DAP sound and that was where the magic was.

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #3,371 of 3,609
Some of the guys on this thread are also on the DX100 thread...and we've had this same discussion many times...Especially the point I have recently been making that "we" as a community have become conditioned to just accept faulty features because we like the sound so much. 

That's rampant with the DX100. If something doesn't work as advertised, we shouldn't be all "oh...it's ok...I love the sound so much I don't care if the unit works 100% or not"...

I personally feel that's total BS. We, again...as a community, are paying a lot of money for items that should damn well work out of the box perfectly. They should be thoroughly tested before leaving the country of origin. 

But we've become conditioned into sheep...accepting things here that you would never accept in real life. 

Example...would you not raise hell if the CD player in your brand new BMW didn't work correctly? OR how about heated rear seats in the $75k Benz you just bought? Or would you go back to the dealer expecting it to be remedied and for nothing else to go wrong? Or would you say..."oh..well...I don't sit in the back anyway"...? LOL

I don't think it's a big deal that they're taking an extra week to provide a brand new item. I'm glad it's ONLY a week late!

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #3,372 of 3,609
Quote:

I think preference really comes into it all as well. Honestly going from memory I would not have traded my DX100 for the Tera Player. While the Tera has a very unique sound I appreciate the more Hifi sound the DX100 has. Regarding neutral sound the DX100 on 1.1.7 (if I recall correctly) was the most neutral I've heard a DAP sound and that was where the magic was.

I hear you bro...while I liked the Tera...it wasn't for me. Nor was the C3...

To be honest...what I really liked...other than the "high end" units...was the Cowon J3 with the C&C amp. Great sound on the cheap. Granted..nothing like iBasso makes, but then again...there isn't anyone else out there who is making the sound the iBasso makes...except for HiFiMan...and I've not heard the 901 yet...

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #3,373 of 3,609
Quote:
I hear you bro...while I liked the Tera...it wasn't for me. Nor was the C3...

To be honest...what I really liked...other than the "high end" units...was the Cowon J3 with the C&C amp. Great sound on the cheap. Granted..nothing like iBasso makes, but then again...there isn't anyone else out there who is making the sound the iBasso makes...except for HiFiMan...and I've not heard the 901 yet...

What type of sound signature are you really going for? The reason I really like the AK120 is because it strikes a balance between neutral yet not dead neutral. It has a nice amount of warmth to the sound. Sounds very 3D and musical. Not to mention the UI is quite good yet still not perfect (but compared to most other audiophile DAPs it puts them to shame in that department).

The reason I really enjoy the 3rd ANV is because its a cold sound that is very detailed, airy and has the best vocals I've heard in a DAP yet. I mean you hear every nuance in the vocals its crazy. As well as how it seems to make most modern day tracks (victims of loudness wars) sound noticeably more dynamic and open. As if it improves upon what is there. It's hard to explain but the unit has a lighter sound and in doing so it really balances out these tracks for me. Overall I like how these two contrast from each other and helps to keep things fresh for me.

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #3,375 of 3,609
Quote:
So not even the 1st batch arrived yet? Shipping was delayed or what?

My favorite thing about forum threads is that you can actually read old posts, not just write new ones. My second favorite thing is the search function.

(Yes, there has been a delay)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back