DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Jan 7, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #1,231 of 1,444
Yes, that makes sense, now that I think about it!
I have to clear my ears on a regular basis to get the cleanest and clearest sound. I just pinch my nose, create a little pressure and equalize my ears. My ears have always been this way. It just takes a few minutes and they need to be cleared.

There is nothing on the market that IMO comes close to the DX320MAX so I hope you can get this figured out.

Jan 7, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #1,232 of 1,444
I have to clear my ears on a regular basis to get the cleanest and clearest sound. I just pinch my nose, create a little pressure and equalize my ears. My ears have always been this way. It just takes a few minutes and they need to be cleared.

There is nothing on the market that IMO comes close to the DX320MAX so I hope you can get this figured out.
I used to have to do it too. I regularly had a kind of pressure in my ear. But not for some time now. Good tip, by the way.

Jan 7, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #1,233 of 1,444
I noticed the same thing when I got the device new. And then every time after switching it on. Now I've done another test after the device has been switched off for a long time. I don't know, it's pretty obvious to me. I thought I was going crazy at first.
The only times I notice similar issues as you described is when I freshly installed new firmware update.

My player somehow was set back to Normal mode and not Ultimate mode in sound setting. Also, my DSD filter was set to Low as well

Bring it back to Ultimate and high in DSD filter setting and I am in a world of bliss again

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #1,234 of 1,444
EDIT- it worked just fine with a USB-C to 12v cable.

Which usb-c to 12v cable did you buy? I tried this one from amazon, and it would not work on any of my usb-c charging blocks.​

Jan 10, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #1,235 of 1,444
Which usb-c to 12v cable did you buy? I tried this one from amazon, and it would not work on any of my usb-c charging blocks.​
Some charger is compatible with the 12V outputs and some doesn’t. You will have to find the charger that listed it as a supported voltage output. It isn’t the cables

Jan 10, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #1,236 of 1,444
Some charger is compatible with the 12V outputs and some doesn’t. You will have to find the charger that listed it as a supported voltage output. It isn’t the cables

Any recommendations?

Jan 11, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #1,237 of 1,444
Jan 11, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #1,238 of 1,444
So my 320Max has had the same issues of battery drain on the Digital battery even while Off. It would drain 10-15% or so overnight even in off mode. I had it 100% when I left for a biz trip. I came back last night after 8 days, and now it's fully depleted. Doesn't even turn on when plugged in, and no charging light indicator even shows up. Hopefully, it'll just need a bit more juice to start going again, so I'll just leave it plugged in for a while.

May need to get this battery replaced or something.

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #1,239 of 1,444
So my 320Max has had the same issues of battery drain on the Digital battery even while Off. It would drain 10-15% or so overnight even in off mode. I had it 100% when I left for a biz trip. I came back last night after 8 days, and now it's fully depleted. Doesn't even turn on when plugged in, and no charging light indicator even shows up. Hopefully, it'll just need a bit more juice to start going again, so I'll just leave it plugged in for a while.

May need to get this battery replaced or something.
It is very easy to open the back. I would disconnect the battery and reconnect it. The single connection is the digital battery.The dual connections are the analog batteries.

Jan 11, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #1,240 of 1,444
It is very easy to open the back. I would disconnect the battery and reconnect it. The single connection is the digital battery.The dual connections are the analog batteries.

Wow this actually worked! Still had battery drain, but it did turn on after disconnecting and reconnecting. Weird!

edit: oh, it abruptly turned off and doesnt turn back on again.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #1,241 of 1,444
Wow this actually worked! Still had battery drain, but it did turn on after disconnecting and reconnecting. Weird!

edit: oh, it abruptly turned off and doesnt turn back on again.
i recently replaced the battery with a brand new one. i wanted to do a few complete cycles before writing. unfortunately new battery didn’t solve the drain. i think i will send the unit back for a proper repair.

too bad i dont have any other DAPs.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #1,242 of 1,444
i recently replaced the battery with a brand new one. i wanted to do a few complete cycles before writing. unfortunately new battery didn’t solve the drain. i think i will send the unit back for a proper repair.

too bad i dont have any other DAPs.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you get it solved soon

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #1,243 of 1,444
Is 320 Max Ti much colder than 320 with amp14?

Consindering both, a relative got 320 Max Ti recently, while he really does enjoy it, he finds it somewhat cold and wishes bit more stage depth and warmth. The option to finetune 320 with different amps just sounds bit more convinient tbh.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #1,244 of 1,444
Is 320 Max Ti much colder than 320 with amp14?

Consindering both, a relative got 320 Max Ti recently, while he really does enjoy it, he finds it somewhat cold and wishes bit more stage depth and warmth. The option to finetune 320 with different amps just sounds bit more convinient tbh.
I would say the DX320MAX is neutral, not cold, not warm. Depth? Geez, it is huge and width as well. I use it as a source for my desktop amps, stand along of course and with a number of headphones, it sound great, IMO. You could always add the PB5 tube portable amp coming out from ibasso.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #1,245 of 1,444
I used my DX320MAX Ti to power and review the flagship €5500 Camerton Audio Binom-ER. I couldn't have asked for a better pair-up, the hidden unrestricted position #1 on the stepped attenuator (step 24) really unlocked a different beast in this headphone.

There are no pictures in the review, no bullsh*t, just pure substance. It should be noted that there are two editions of this review:
1. The Full Story — an original by myself, it uncovers the story and the depth behind the product, company, and the founder. It's a state-of-the-art piece of content that's a result of a lengthy interview I had with Oleh Lizohub (founder of Camerton Audio).
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/camerton-audio-binom-er-the-full-story-by-voja.971251/

2. Critical Evaluation — the familiar format of a review, it excludes the story and only covers the critical evaluation
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/camerton-audio-binom-er.25069/reviews#review-32626

I hope it makes for an enjoyable read =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back