DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Jan 4, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #1,216 of 1,447
To remove the battery ? You just need a correct tool

1/ some isopropyl alcohol and a dripping tool. Once taken out clean and away from the main body. Take it out , and start dripping alcohol around and along the bottom of the battery packs

2/ A large plastic plier that usually come with smartphone repair kits

Just keep dripping alcohol in, wait for a few minutes and repeat a few times, it should come off pretty easy. These packs are not meant to be deformed or punctured, fire and explosions may happen otherwise
I have opened mine a few times, because it is so easy. Today, I removed the battery, so see how long it would take. About 5 minutes if I were going to change out the battery.

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #1,217 of 1,447
new battery arrived, and already installed.

i’m not a great tinkerer but it was a simple process. that said, it wasn’t all too smooth.

first off, removing the old battery took quite a bit of force. they are in place with double sided tapes and i think in time they adhered really strongly. i could only manage to do it in many pieces rendering the removed battery as garbage. i think it would have been wiser to heat the back plate up carefully with hairdryer to loosen up the tapes before pulling

extra care is necessary removing the last layer where its taped to back plate. the dark gray matte glass finish can easily get damaged from the inside due to excessive pull from the tapes !

placing the new battery pack, attention must be paid for alignment. too much over to one side, the wire bundle that crosses may create bulging and back plate won’t fit flush at middle.

if there’s a second set of hands available, ask for it. makes the job easier.

took about, 20-25 minutes.

i wanted to share my experience for folks who intend to tinker themselves.
Thanks for sharing. Not being experienced with this kind of work and wanting to be extra careful in doing this the first time, I probably would have taken this long too. 😊

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #1,218 of 1,447
To remove the battery ? You just need a correct tool

1/ some isopropyl alcohol and a dripping tool. Once taken out clean and away from the main body. Take it out , and start dripping alcohol around and along the bottom of the battery packs

2/ A large plastic plier that usually come with smartphone repair kits

Just keep dripping alcohol in, wait for a few minutes and repeat a few times, it should come off pretty easy. These packs are not meant to be deformed or punctured, fire and explosions may happen otherwise
But this information is very helpful. If I recall correctly, you posted some photos when you opened it up before? Any chance you could show those photos again and add photos of the tools and supplies that you refer to here? TIA 🙏🏻

Jan 5, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #1,219 of 1,447
But this information is very helpful. If I recall correctly, you posted some photos when you opened it up before? Any chance you could show those photos again and add photos of the tools and supplies that you refer to here? TIA 🙏🏻
I never opened the 320Max though, but I did replace battery on 2Max

This will be the tool that you need to replace the battery easier. I think @Paul - iBasso should tell his team to include this tool and adhesive for the replacement packs

IMG_1535.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #1,220 of 1,447
Is it normal for DAPs with multiple output (2.5/3.5/4.4) to be able to play two at a time? I recall it not doing so on a previous DAP when I tried it but it works on the 320MTi and it has expanded my use of it on my commutes. Here in HK we always travel via public transport, I love this past about living in HK. So now when going out with my wife, we listen to music together. This could be life-changing if she ever gets even partially into this crazy world. 😆

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #1,223 of 1,447
I posted these pictures a while ago, and per recent questions in this thread, I'm sure some will find it useful. The access to battery replacement in DX320Max Ti is very easy:

ibasso-dx320max-ti-38.jpg
ibasso-dx320max-ti-39.jpg
ibasso-dx320max-ti-40.jpg

Jan 7, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #1,224 of 1,447
Can someone explain to me how it can be that the DX320Max is quite crispy and transparent for the first few minutes? After a few minutes it becomes quite smooth and loses the crystal clear sound. Is there a way to keep such a sound?

Jan 7, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #1,225 of 1,447
Can someone explain to me how it can be that the DX320Max is quite crispy and transparent for the first few minutes? After a few minutes it becomes quite smooth and loses the crystal clear sound. Is there a way to keep such a sound?
I don't notice the sound changing , and definitely it doesn't lose its definition because of it. I'm sorry I can't help with this!

Jan 7, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #1,226 of 1,447
I don't notice the sound changing , and definitely it doesn't lose its definition because of it. I'm sorry I can't help with this!
I noticed the same thing when I got the device new. And then every time after switching it on. Now I've done another test after the device has been switched off for a long time. I don't know, it's pretty obvious to me. I thought I was going crazy at first.

Jan 7, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #1,227 of 1,447
I noticed the same thing when I got the device new. And then every time after switching it on. Now I've done another test after the device has been switched off for a long time. I don't know, it's pretty obvious to me. I thought I was going crazy at first.
no issue of that kind here, but i'll let others chime in. Might be a faulty component in your unit that malfunctions when warmed up? it can happen on analog machines (I see it occasionally in studio recording gear as well).

Jan 7, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #1,228 of 1,447
no issue of that kind here, but i'll let others chime in. Might be a faulty component in your unit that malfunctions when warmed up? it can happen on analog machines (I see it occasionally in studio recording gear as well).
I really have no idea. I just know that at the beginning I thought I had imagined it every time. I'm usually really skeptical about such esotericism. But as I said, after a few minutes it changes and stabilizes. It doesn't matter anyway: the DX320Max is being returned. Thank you for your support.

Jan 7, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #1,229 of 1,447
I don't see any changes you mention. If your unit is not faulty, maybe your ear is getting used to the sound of the ibasso after switching from another dap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back