DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Dec 30, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #1,186 of 1,447
follow up on the battery drain issue :

i did a “factory reset” and started over. installing only qobuz and google play deleting and hiding everything else.

before i had additionally youtube, spotify and mixcloud installed. i was logged in on google play app. this time i deleted my account info as soon as finished with google play keeping the app just in case i need it in the

i’m impatient, its been roughly 12hrs since shutdown, but so far no drain.

i will keep an eye and report back what i’ll find.
second day after factory reset : excessive drain returned :frowning2:

i guess i’d like to hear what @metaljem77 will be told.

Dec 30, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #1,187 of 1,447
second day after factory reset : excessive drain returned :frowning2:

i guess i’d like to hear what @metaljem77 will be told.
Ibasso said they will need to do a factory reset and replace the battery :frowning2: I’ve asked my friends who have 320m and they don’t experience this excessive battery drain issue.

Dec 30, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #1,190 of 1,447
After reading all the posts on the battery issues, I didn't even want to turn mine on. I've been heavy into two channel lately and it's been sitting, unused, for about 7 weeks. I just fired it up. NO ISSUES! I'm so thankful. I feel bad for users experiencing these issues with this player.
There is nothing I have, which is many brands, that doesn't have a battery issue from time to time. I just sent in my Mac computer for a screen issue, which they replaced and the declining battery. It is 1%! above what they would replace the battery for and they would not replace it. So I have to wait for it to decline more. But the point is, they have billions of dollars and I imagine get the best batteries possible and there are issues but that is the nature of the battery as a sealed device that is either a go or no go with no repair for these type of batteries. In general, I have very few problems with the batteries that ibasso uses. My DX320MAX is going strong and I have a battery operated dac from ibasso that is 13 years old and still the battery is good. You just don't know how long they will last and that is the nature of it.

Dec 30, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #1,192 of 1,447
I’ll update when I receive my unit back from ibasso. 320m is prob the DAP I like the most thus far and my EDC, so frustrating this may be, I’m still enamoured by it :)

Dec 31, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #1,193 of 1,447
Has there been any acknowledgment from @Paul - iBasso regarding these battery draining issues? I would love to know if there’s anything that can be done “officially” before tinkering myself.
I have the same issue:
If I leave it off for a week it runs out of digital battery.

Dec 31, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,194 of 1,447
Has there been any acknowledgment from @Paul - iBasso regarding these battery draining issues? I would love to know if there’s anything that can be done “officially” before tinkering myself.
I have the same issue:
We have seen a few issues but very few but, I am happy to have the battery replaced if that is the issue. The DX320MAX would need to be sent to the distributor for the area where the DX320MAX was purchased so they can make sure there are no firmware issues. I would also use the Factory Tool and do an install of the .img firmware and then test the unit. You can also contact me at paul@ibasso.com (please no messages here as they are often missed).

The tool for the .img update (the same tool is used here in the factory) is on the 1st page of this thread.

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 31, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #1,195 of 1,447
The only time I left my 320M for a few days, and its battery got drained is when I left it in Sleep mode in Android. It happens every time. Nowadays, I just turn it off in Android by pressing and holding power button, the menu appear and I clicked turn off. Doing this, I can leave the max for weeks with battery being drained very little, like 2-3% at most

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #1,196 of 1,447
I have the same issue:

i personally chose to do the tinkering myself as i found it to be a hassle sending the unit with all the down time and all that. battery doesn't cost too much at 70$. so instead of sending it in, i went this way and hopefully i’ll sort this out simply as it sounds.

new battery has 90day warranty.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #1,197 of 1,447
I left my DX320MAX in standby for over a day. 100% on both batteries, with no drain indicated. But, I don't have anything installed. I don't use apps etc., just stock and I like it that way. I recently bought a battery set for my DX220MAX. It would drain even when off with the new batteries. I drained the new batteries some, recharged and did this over about a week and a half. Now it totally holds a charge with no issue but it took conditioning of the batteries, which total 5 like the DX320MAX.

Jan 1, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #1,198 of 1,447
We have seen a few issues but very few but, I am happy to have the battery replaced if that is the issue. The DX320MAX would need to be sent to the distributor for the area where the DX320MAX was purchased so they can make sure there are no firmware issues. I would also use the Factory Tool and do an install of the .img firmware and then test the unit. You can also contact me at paul@ibasso.com (please no messages here as they are often missed).

The tool for the .img update (the same tool is used here in the factory) is on the 1st page of this thread.
Thank you Paul. I’ll reach out via email!

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #1,199 of 1,447
Thinking about getting dx320 Max Ti as an upgrade to my dx300 with amp 11 mk.1 How would you describe the differences? Another contender is A&K sp300 and 3000 model.

Use case are mainly large overears like totl ZMF lineup, especially Atrium Closed for mobile use.

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #1,200 of 1,447
just trying out xfeed on UAPP.

it has two settings : gain and frequency, set to 4,5db @ 700hz by default. can somebody chime in on how do i set these ? i mean whats the logic ?

also, which one is better in terms of SQ, mango or uapp ? or no difference ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back