DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Dec 29, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #1,156 of 1,447
Hello friends,

Can someone please guide me to a post comparing the SP3000 to the DX320Max TI? I am basically looking for comparisons on the UI, software, and sound (of course). From what I have gathered, they are quite close when it comes to sound, with Max being a little better. And from the UI perspective, SP3000 has a better edge because of the closed Android on it. The replaceable battery on the Max is quite a good feature.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers and happy new year!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #1,157 of 1,447
follow up on the battery drain issue :

i did a “factory reset” and started over. installing only qobuz and google play deleting and hiding everything else.

before i had additionally youtube, spotify and mixcloud installed. i was logged in on google play app. this time i deleted my account info as soon as finished with google play keeping the app just in case i need it in the

i’m impatient, its been roughly 12hrs since shutdown, but so far no drain.

i will keep an eye and report back what i’ll find.

Dec 29, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #1,158 of 1,447
Hello friends,

Can someone please guide me to a post comparing the SP3000 to the DX320Max TI? I am basically looking for comparisons on the UI, software, and sound (of course). From what I have gathered, they are quite close when it comes to sound, with Max being a little better. And from the UI perspective, SP3000 has a better edge because of the closed Android on it. The replaceable battery on the Max is quite a good feature.

I have both, Max I use predominantly to drive ZMF can
Here’s a quick compare:

SOUND:
- Max = slightly more reference, a bit colder
- SP = slightly more warm, the most magical soundstage I’ve heard (infinite, black, notes float in space around you)

UI:
SP = pretty solid
Max = messy

Quality:
SP = Magnificent
Max = Looks nice, button quality and ergonomics

If you need scale Max is great. If you want a soundstage that’s like no other SP. my desert island pick = SP

Dec 29, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #1,159 of 1,447
Hello friends,

Ibasso might sound better for music lovers that are ibasso fans and modders, ak may sound better to who loves music because this forum is crowded of anti ak, so not many fans , so there are allways many points of the same theme, i had the dx220 max ,dx300 max, heard 320 max and now have the sp3000, the 320 max is great but i dont consider better than the AK, they have a little diferent tuning the ibasso more leaner and crisp (has almost all ibasso stuf), the AK more body and smooth, Happy new year

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #1,160 of 1,447
Hello friends,

both are great DAPs.

definitely MAX if you have power hungry monitors.

if UI is a priority theres MAXs MangoOS vs SPs closed android. both are good. SP is slightly more capable.

SQ is TOTL on both. I personally haven't noticed SP as “more black”. Mids are natural on the SP whereas MAX is neutral (no color)

SP is priced significantly more (list)
MAXs stepped volume pot got some criticism (i like it)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #1,161 of 1,447
I have not had or heard A&K DAPs, so won't comment on a comparison. However, when somebody starts their review with "Ibasso might sound better for music lovers that are ibasso fans and modders, ak may sound better to who loves music because this forum is crowded of anti ak, so not many fans", well, it sounds to me you're doing exactly what you say others are doing (and in the process anticipating any objections from Ibasso fans), so why would we put any value on your opinion, equally? Just to set the record straight, I have the DX320Max and one thing I cannot say about its tuning (as opposed to the 300Max, for instance) is that it is "lean", i.e. lacking body. It has immaculate separation and oodles of details, true. But note weight (if that's what we mean by "body") is massive, I repeat, massive.

Another commenter says, 320Max UI is "messy". Before that, the same commenter said, you get lost and don't know where you are on the Android OS on the 320Max. It would be nice if people defined what they meant by various terms they throw around. What does "messy" meam in this respect? For all I've seen, the UI on 320Max works as supposed to, as open Android 11 normally works. Don't know how you get lost using the Android OS if you've used one before, perhaps you don't like Android, but that's a different story. Open Android 11 is not full-feature, true, but that's different to "messy".

Dec 29, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #1,162 of 1,447
I have not had or heard A&K DAPs, so won't comment on a comparison. However, when somebody starts their review with "Ibasso might sound better for music lovers that are ibasso fans and modders, ak may sound better to who loves music because this forum is crowded of anti ak, so not many fans", well, it sounds to me you're doing exactly what you say others are doing (and in the process anticipating any objections from Ibasso fans), so why would we put any value on your opinion, equally? Just to set the record straight, I have the DX320Max and one thing I cannot say about its tuning (as opposed to the 300Max, for instance) is that it is "lean", i.e. lacking body. It has immaculate separation and oodles of details, true. But note weight (if that's what we mean by "body") is massive, I repeat, massive.

Another commenter says, 320Max UI is "messy". Before that, the same commenter said, you get lost and don't know where you are on the Android OS on the 320Max. It would be nice if people defined what they meant by various terms they throw around. What does "messy" meam in this respect? For all I've seen, the UI on 320Max works as supposed to, as open Android 11 normally works. Don't know how you get lost using the Android OS if you've used one before, perhaps you don't like Android, but that's a different story. Open Android 11 is not full-feature, true, but that's different to "messy".
Look in the mirror and reread what you wrote. You spend more time attacking others than offering an answer to a question. I will no longer engage on this silly thread.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #1,163 of 1,447
I
Look in the mirror and reread what you wrote. You spend more time attacking others than offering an answer to a question. I will no longer engage on this silly thread.
I have (before I even wrote this, as a matter of standard practice). What is the above even supposed to mean?

So, I'm very clear about what I'm saying: what does "messy" UI mean, re. 320Max? Like, examples of malfunction or unhelpful function. So we can debate on specificities, rather than opaque concepts.

Any other concrete objections to what I'm saying, all welcome.

Dec 29, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #1,164 of 1,447

Here is a living ibasso fan, they grow up in the trees....kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Dec 29, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #1,165 of 1,447
Here is a living ibasso fan, they grow up in the trees....kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
It's clear that your reading and logic skills are somewhat lacking, even though you havent' grown up on a tree like myself.

I am an Ibasso fan, true, said it right off the bat, on the basis of what I've owned. Yet, I stayed away from a comparison with other brands (as I don't own them). But fortunately, I don't start any of my reviews/opinions with "Ibasso might sound better for music lovers that are ibasso fans and modders, ak may sound better to who loves music because this forum is crowded of anti ak, so not many fans". So, music lovers that are Ibasso fans, on the one hand, and those who love music (pure and simple), on the other. Right, we get it.

You give yourself away far too easily and then complain (and besmirch) when others spot your rather odd relationship with impartiality.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #1,166 of 1,447
It's clear that your reading and logic skills are somewhat lacking, even though you havent' grown up on a tree like myself.

I am an Ibasso fan, true, said it right off the bat, on the basis of what I've owned. Yet, I stayed away from a comparison with other brands (as I don't own them). But fortunately, I don't start any of my reviews/opinions with "Ibasso might sound better for music lovers that are ibasso fans and modders, ak may sound better to who loves music because this forum is crowded of anti ak, so not many fans". So, music lovers that are Ibasso fans, on the one hand, and those who love music (pure and simple), on the other. Right, we get it.

You give yourself away far too easily and then complain (and besmirch) when others spot your rather odd relationship with impartiality.
You have no sense of humor

Dec 29, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #1,170 of 1,447
@gentzen @denis1976 hey brothers. While you both have this argument, can any of you please tell me if there is any compromise on sound over SP3K? For some people, mids on SP3K are also a bit dry and don't have enough weight, but I find it just enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back