DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Dec 27, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #1,142 of 1,447
Noted* and corrected, thank you :). I have not been following Cayin for a while now, and everything else. Thanks to 320Max here
You are so correct about heat intensity in DAP size format. I always wondered what is the long term impact of heat to our expensive DAP. I for one don't buy DAP so I sell it and buy the next best thing, I buy with intention of collecting them and enjoying them in years to come.

Last week, my RS8 developed an issue, and after reporting and looking into it, I was not the first one. The pictures shows that the resistors come off the PCB board right where the OPAMPs are.

Reading about dx320 Max Ti heat management is reassuring. What is holding me back from buying the Ti Max is the ROHM dac. I initially loved it but after having owned the N8ii for along time, I'm not so sure about it.

Here is me hoping that the next iBasso Max family implements Ibasso D16 1-bit Discrete DAC circuit.

Dec 27, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #1,143 of 1,447
You are so correct about heat intensity in DAP size format. I always wondered what is the long term impact of heat to our expensive DAP. I for one don't buy DAP so I sell it and buy the next best thing, I buy with intention of collecting them and enjoying them in years to come.

Last week, my RS8 developed an issue, and after reporting and looking into it, I was not the first one. The pictures shows that the resistors come off the PCB board right where the OPAMPs are.

Reading about dx320 Max Ti heat management is reassuring. What is holding me back from buying the Ti Max is the ROHM dac. I initially loved it but after having owned the N8ii for along time, I'm not so sure about it.

Here is me hoping that the next iBasso Max family implements Ibasso D16 1-bit Discrete DAC circuit.
It isn't just the DAC chip, it is also implementation and to me, the DX320MAX sounds right, music right.

Dec 27, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #1,144 of 1,447
MAX sounds natural and expansive. TOTL resolution and dynamics.

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #1,145 of 1,447
Hi guys
Got some DC Elite and quite stunned about its technical performance.
Tuning wise it has an amazing synergy with my Amber Pearl IEM but I am hearing some sibilances and hot zing sounds (for my preference) using FIR RN6 compared to other sources.
I am now looking for good pairings for on the go listening which aren't uber expensive like AP IEM.
As the DC Elite tuning is told to be quite similar to DX320 Max I am asking here.
How's for example FIR XE6 or do you guys have other recommendations for relatively warmer IEMs in that range with decent technicalities, good bass and stage?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #1,148 of 1,447
I have now tested my unit over the last 4 days. It has the latest firmware installed and the battery limit set to 80%. I charged it to the 80% limit, switched it off then turned it on each day, at the same time, for long enough to note the battery level then switched it off again. Here are the results:

Start: 80% battery.
After 1 day: 68% battery
After 2 days: 56% battery
After 3 days: 55% battery
After 4 days: 29% battery

It has been like this since I bought the unit and clearly there is a problem and as it stands it is close to useless (several times I have prepared to listen with it only to find it had little or no remaining battery).

I'll deal directly with basso and see what can be done.

I did the same for you, turned off yesterday at 64%D, I turned it on 24h after and have 66%D.
Yes +2%, maybe a calibration error, but seems that I don't have drain in this unit, for now...

Maybe you could try to do a factory reset , disable battery saver and try again.

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #1,149 of 1,447
Do we have xfeed function on the 320MAX ? Just wanted to confirm if i’m not missing it somewhere hidden.

Any 3rd party suggestions for it (mainly for streaming) ?
UApp, Hiby Music Player both supporting Tidal and Qobuz

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #1,151 of 1,447
Roon arc app ?
Without Roon certification most DAPs besides Astell & Kern and FIIO will not play Roon without Android resampling so I d better stick to DAC mode and connect to your certified Endpoint like IPhone or iPad and play Hires without any issues.
But as mentioned you don't need Roon for Crossfeed and PEQ but can use mentioned 3rd party apps with streaming support just fine.
For local music there are even more options like Neutron etc

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #1,153 of 1,447
UI of Neutron for me is alien language. I’ve had difficulty with Roon as well. To understand how it works an what it does I feel like i need a special degree. Perhaps @Paul - iBasso could consider a native version of xfeed like A&K for lazy people like myself
UAPP is state of the art since I am buying DAPs and it's just some on and off switch.
But of course system wide tweaking is welcome in any DAP.
Haven't seen anything easier than A&K in that regards.
Hiby tweaking is quite powerful meanwhile but imho not as intuitive

Dec 28, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #1,154 of 1,447
Neutron, off the DX320Max, sounds pretty awful IMO (with lots of tweaking, 64bit, dithering, etc.), which is kinda weird, as it sounded far better on 300Max (with similar tweaking). But then again, we've got two different signal conversions. As far as local files are concerned, Mango OS is "the daddy" on 320Max. Then again Neutron doesn't stream either afik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back