DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Dec 22, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #1,111 of 1,447
Just to clarify, is the double-sided tape sandwiched between the insert and the inside of the knob?

Put another way, if you take the insert out from the knob, the double-sided tape should be remaining on the inside of the knob. Do I have that right?
It will either be on the insert or on the inside of the knob. You are basically right. And it is not hard to fix.

Dec 22, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #1,112 of 1,447
It will either be on the insert or on the inside of the knob. You are basically right. And it is not hard to fix.
Do you have tricks/specific tools to get the insert out from inside the knob to replace the tape?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #1,113 of 1,447
So essentially the glue on the original adhesive just got worn out? Wish they just use a set screw but then again this is a pretty small knob. Thanks for the input guys!

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #1,114 of 1,447
Do you have tricks/specific tools to get the insert out from inside the knob to replace the tape?
No, just got the old double side tape off and replaced it. No big deal really.

Dec 22, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #1,115 of 1,447
No, just got the old double side tape off and replaced it. No big deal really.
I’m sorry, I don’t understand.

My confusion is, if the tape is sandwiched between the insert and the inside of the knob, you’d have to remove the insert to replace the tape. Do I have that right?

I'm asking how you were able to remove the insert because I had difficulty doing so.

Dec 22, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #1,116 of 1,447
I’m sorry, I don’t understand.

My confusion is, if the tape is sandwiched between the insert and the inside of the knob, you’d have to remove the insert to replace the tape. Do I have that right?

I'm asking how you were able to remove the insert because I had difficulty doing so.
Yes, between the insert and the knob. I have a dentist tool, with the little hook on it and you can pull it out with that or something like that.

Dec 22, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #1,117 of 1,447
You can try with a tweezer. Usually available at pharmacies. It's a useful tool to have around the home so it's worth getting one.

Dec 22, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #1,118 of 1,447
So essentially the glue on the original adhesive just got worn out? Wish they just use a set screw but then again this is a pretty small knob. Thanks for the input guys!
I had issues with screw type knobs with my Ragnarok (other Rag owners also have) and with one of my Musical Paradise amps too. With a transportable, this issue would be worse because it could fall out at anytime. I suppose I should have sealed the screw in place with some glue but....

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #1,120 of 1,447
wow - there is a new firmware available, just did the updater on the DAP, it says 2.03.756, wasn't sure if anyone mentioned on this already as I notice the header has the "older" firmware showing.

Dec 23, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #1,122 of 1,447
From the label (which is extremely hard to read) you can use any DC power supply with 12 V output and center positive polarity.
It is 12 volts, like mentioned. It shouldn't be hard to find as long as the end is correct but I think it is a fairly standard plug. And you can always contact ibasso.

Dec 24, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #1,124 of 1,447
Received my DX Max 300 as my early Xmax present. So far I’ve been pretty disappointed. The UI is sloppy and after running through my IEMs it is probably the last DAP i would pull out to listen to. I’m try this with ZMF pairings tomorrow. Maybe I’m just in a cranky mood but I was expecting something special

Dec 24, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #1,125 of 1,447
Received my DX Max 300 as my early Xmax present. So far I’ve been pretty disappointed. The UI is sloppy and after running through my IEMs it is probably the last DAP i would pull out to listen to. I’m try this with ZMF pairings tomorrow. Maybe I’m just in a cranky mood but I was expecting something special
DX 300 max or DX 320 max? Either one is excellent sounding so can’t imagine why they wouldn’t sound good with your IEM’s. As a matter fact I’ve compared them with just about everything out there and they better anything that I’ve ever heard, especially the DX 320 max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back