DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Oct 6, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #946 of 1,449
Wow nice !!! More pictures please!!! I am always fascinated by DIY results
Extra DIY shots!

IMG-2009.jpgIMG-2010.jpgIMG-2011.jpg

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #948 of 1,449
Oct 6, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #950 of 1,449
Hi, I received a Bravura system for testing. Can I connect the Bravura to Ibasso dx320 max USB to USB or coax to coax? I want to listen in the place where I rest without having to run a cable from the main system.Bravura is a DAC/amplifier and I need a streamer.

Oct 6, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #952 of 1,449
I dont know if anyone is using 320Max with AndroidOS ? You may want to try

Sony Music Center for music playback App

The app has DSEEHX but disabled by default. There is a way to modify it and have it worked but I do not have time to work around. Though it isnt the point

The point is that it has "Direct Sound" mode that is closer to bit-perfect (App wise) or however you want to call it.

Please, if you want to find out and very curious about your 320Max performances with other apps, give this App a chance. You can download it from APK Pure which is directly on your 320Max by default

The Performances:

I
found that this particular apps is a lot more controlled on the Bass body, it density, and articulation. It removes a slight tint of "Warmth" that Mango player has. Hence, it improves the "transparency, layering, details extensions" further with a touch more Depth. It also allows the more holographic staging from different instruments placements and locality. I also found a better airiness and sparklesIMG_1303.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #954 of 1,449
Additionally, the player automatically scan the folders and display it gradually. It displays the whole collection in a very friendly and organized way as well. Simple to operate and I gotta say that it sounds totally amazing

For free LOL
How can you make it read the SD CARD? It seems it only sees the files on the built in storage media.

Oct 7, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #956 of 1,449
I dont know if anyone is using 320Max with AndroidOS ? You may want to try

Sony Music Center for music playback App

The app has DSEEHX but disabled by default. There is a way to modify it and have it worked but I do not have time to work around. Though it isnt the point

The point is that it has "Direct Sound" mode that is closer to bit-perfect (App wise) or however you want to call it.

Please, if you want to find out and very curious about your 320Max performances with other apps, give this App a chance. You can download it from APK Pure which is directly on your 320Max by default

The Performances:

I
found that this particular apps is a lot more controlled on the Bass body, it density, and articulation. It removes a slight tint of "Warmth" that Mango player has. Hence, it improves the "transparency, layering, details extensions" further with a touch more Depth. It also allows the more holographic staging from different instruments placements and locality. I also found a better airiness and sparklesIMG_1303.jpeg
You're meaning "Direct Source" in the Sound&Playback settings? Also, do you know if there is a way to access the Play Queue to clear or edit it?

Oct 7, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #958 of 1,449
You're meaning "Direct Source" in the Sound&Playback settings? Also, do you know if there is a way to access the Play Queue to clear or edit it?
Yes
I am not sure how to do those play Queue atm as I only listen album by album for now. Please do let us know what your finding is, and how you like it

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #959 of 1,449
Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #960 of 1,449
Yes
I am not sure how to do those play Queue atm as I only listen album by album for now. Please do let us know what your finding is, and how you like it
I can play the queue (to which I can add by right-clicking, e.g., a folder, a song, an album, and from the command menu choose "add to queue"). I haven't yet found a way to clear the queue (for instance, while experimenting with the settings, I added the same folder 3 times to the queue, which now shows 21000 songs!) or batch-select songs in the queue for editing.

I played a few songs (which from memory know how they sound in Mango). My impressions are not an A/B or anything carefully calibrated, but here it is. It seems like mids are a lot more forward in the Sony player. Also, it sounds less dark than Mango (don't know if I'd call Mango a "warm" player), perhaps more "digital" or analytical? To me, it sounds a bit shrill, esp. on metal or dark wave (heavy synths and synthetic drums). Percussive instruments are also somewhat more to the fore (leaner?). Mango up to now (36hrs into burning) sounds impressively controlled for percussion, but with more recessed mids and a darker background. Detail and accurate instrument placement (imaging) is there for me in Mango, but somehow it all coheres without anything standing out or "being in your face". This is good for not so well engineered or digitally converted recordings, I think, it doesn't show defects so much. With Sony, some of my less quality files sounded really shrill.

On the DX300 Max Ti, I had no time for Mango (as opposed to Neutron, with your settings, Vince). On 320Max, Mango truly shines imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back