DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Oct 8, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #976 of 1,447
few days ago i charged the unit to 100 planning to start listening right away but life got in the way. today, turned on, analog 100% digital 70%.

for me the annoying part is rather the loop it gets itself into i described in my previous post.

have you updated fw ? i believe battery reading accuracy was also addressed.

well i guess nothings perfect. it would be better without these glitches but what the heck… SQ is great.
Yes, I updated firmware and am considering rolling back to original firmware because I had already factory reset it.

Any suggestions @Paul - iBasso

Oct 8, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #977 of 1,447
Yes, I updated firmware and am considering rolling back to original firmware because I had already factory reset it.

Any suggestions @Paul - iBasso
I would use the factory tool with the .img firmware. Sounds like some sort of glitch that wiping the memory and doing a fresh install would work.

Oct 9, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #979 of 1,447
I just found by the recommendation of @Sonywalkmanuser to do the following

Settings > Advanced > Developer options > Quick settings developer tiles > Sensors Off > Toggle On

Together with the Music Center app, the shrilling is no longer that Intrusive/aggressive with graininess mess anymore

This is another noticeable tweak. It is also crazy about how much the DSD filters can also play a role here. I love DSD High for my tastes and preferences with hd800s. Also worth mentioning that I am using MicronMicroSD 1Tb.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #981 of 1,447
Another fantastic case by Valentinum…
Will definitely order some for my other devices!

IMG_0505.jpeg

Oct 19, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #982 of 1,447
My ibasso dx320 max died today. It doesn't turn on, nor do the lights come on when you connect it to the power.

I have pressed the power button for 20 seconds and nothing.

Sporadic use, had charge in both batteries. I don't remember if I left it on or if it turned off because it died.

The red light that comes on when you charge the analog part does light up.

I connected to a PC USB , nothing happens.

Seems like it not charging:

1697708149204.png

Any advice?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #983 of 1,447
My ibasso dx320 max died today. It doesn't turn on, nor do the lights come on when you connect it to the power.

Sporadic use, had charge in both batteries. I don't remember if I left it on or if it turned off because it died.

1697708149204.png

Any advice?

Get in touch with iBasso/ Paul:

https://ibasso.com/contact-us/

paul@ibasso.com

Oct 19, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #984 of 1,447

Any advice?
Might be in sleep mode. I can't remember which button, the forward track or the last track button, but I think it's the last track button. But you hold down the power button and the last track button at the same time for 15 seconds and it should power up. If that does not work, try the forward track button. I believe that's the factory reset procedure. It happened to me once. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #985 of 1,447
Might be in sleep mode. I can't remember which button, the forward track or the last track button, but I think it's the last track button. But you hold down the power button and the last track button at the same time for 15 seconds and it should power up. If that does not work, try the forward track button. I believe that's the factory reset procedure. It happened to me once. Hope that helps.
Did not work, but thank you for the tip.

Seems like digital battery stopped working , who knows.

Oct 20, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #986 of 1,447
@dandon I have same experience 4month ago. In my case, issue fixed two days later. I did not do anything, and tried to change two days later, then my 320Max came back to normal condition. Digital battery was out at that moment. I still do not know what was happening, but my 320Max working well as usual so far. Hope you have same.

Oct 21, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #987 of 1,447
@dandon I have same experience 4month ago. In my case, issue fixed two days later. I did not do anything, and tried to change two days later, then my 320Max came back to normal condition. Digital battery was out at that moment. I still do not know what was happening, but my 320Max working well as usual so far. Hope you have same.
After reading your comment I tried again to charge it from a PC USB overnight, but nothing happened. I guess I'll have to send it to my dealer and be without it for at least a month.
I just hope that when the player arrives at the SAT the problem still exists and has not been magically solved, since I don't want them to return it to me without doing anything and the same thing happens to me again.
The last time I used it it was about 70% charged.

The truth is I have had 3 ibasso devices, and both the DX240 and the DX320MAX arrived with aesthetic production defects. The amp8 of the DX240 magically stopped working and I had to change it and now the DX320Max and less than two months of little use suddenly dies... It hasn't happened to me with any other brand and I have had and have many.

They sound amazing for the price, but the quality control is not up to par. I understand that these things happen, but I have been unlucky that they have only happened to me with Ibasso.

Apart from this, I am delighted with the player, and since I have had it I have not used my LPGT or my WM1Z again.

All the best.

Oct 22, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #989 of 1,447
Hugely impressed with the 320MAX. I'm fairly new to portable audio but the gap between my desktop system and the 320MAX with Radon 6 is really not that great at all.

Not so much better or worse just different (and most of that difference is due to the different sound signature of the RN6). Actually, the 320MAX reminds my a lot of my CFA3 amplifier - powerful with a huge soundstage and detailed but refined treble. It does good things with my LCD5's too. Will try my Susvaras as well at some point.

Portable audio seems a lot more exciting at the moment than desktop which is probably a bad thing for my wallet.

Thanks to all on this thread - your impressions made me take the plunge.

Oct 23, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #990 of 1,447
Hugely impressed with the 320MAX. I'm fairly new to portable audio but the gap between my desktop system and the 320MAX with Radon 6 is really not that great at all.

Not so much better or worse just different (and most of that difference is due to the different sound signature of the RN6). Actually, the 320MAX reminds my a lot of my CFA3 amplifier - powerful with a huge soundstage and detailed but refined treble. It does good things with my LCD5's too. Will try my Susvaras as well at some point.

Portable audio seems a lot more exciting at the moment than desktop which is probably a bad thing for my wallet.

Thanks to all on this thread - your impressions made me take the plunge.
Welcome to the club !!! Enjoy your beautiful piece from Ibasso. It is worth every penny

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back