DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Nov 8, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #1,006 of 1,447
Curious myself if anyone has updated to this new firmware as well if any changes.

With the exception of the analog battery accuracy I am not familiar or heve experienced any of the other bugs.

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #1,007 of 1,447
New Firmware:

V2.02.68

http://www.ibasso.com/.../download/DX320MAX-fw-ota-v2.02.zip

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Improved the accuracy of the analog battery indicator.
2. Rectified the bug that there was a possibility that the Mango Player APP crashed when media scanning.
3. Rectified the bug that Mango Player APP crashed if the embedded artwork resolution was too high.
4. Rectified the bug that there was the possibility that the locked screen notification bar was displayed twice on the screen.
Hi Paul,

I'm currently running V2.01.551.

I ran the updater on MAX and it's not showing that there's an update to V2.02.68 available. Do I have to install this update manually or will it be available via updater at some point in the near future?

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #1,008 of 1,447
I saw on iBasso FB yesterday that the player updater will come in a few days…

Nov 11, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #1,009 of 1,447
Hey everyone, one of the 888 happy new owners of the DX320Max, currently waiting for my HE1000v2 to ship and wanted to learn more about the DAP in the meantime. I am an avid EQ user and primarily used Poweramp and Neutron running off my phone as my main source device. Have been waiting a long time to find a DAP that fit all the checkmarks for me and the Max was it.

Do users primarily use Mango as their main player here or something running off of AndroidOS? Also, what would be the main advantages Mango offers over running Neutron or Poweramp or any other Android based players on the Max?

Nov 11, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #1,010 of 1,447
Used to run DX300 Max with Neutron (on @Whitigir 's configuration) and it sounded imo better than MangoOS. On the new kid, Mango is hands-down the winner over everything I've tried so far (Neutron, with the same config, and Sony Player): absolutely dark background, heavier but still clear and articulated sub-bass, massive holography, a slightly warmer sound than DX300 Max but no less detailed with great separation of instruments. I'm not equalizing, just using D1 and DSD high on on Ultimate mode. Was quite disappointed at how Neutron sounds with 320Max, even emailed Dmitry about it as I had thought it was not properly configured. Neutron, don't know how to say it, sounds more artificial, more removed, not as spacious, almost tinny. Even on <$100 iems (my Dunu DK4001 is on its way to Taiwan atm as the left-hand side won't work, and I'm waiting on a pair of Moondrop Variations) MangoOS lets you in on a glimpse of what the device can do!

Of course, this is all subjective, I'm well aware that others' mmv and I'm not using cans, as my main use for 320Max is on the go (I find its size and weight not an obstacle to mobile delight).

Nov 11, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #1,011 of 1,447
Used to run DX300 Max with Neutron (on @Whitigir 's configuration) and it sounded imo better than MangoOS. On the new kid, Mango is hands-down the winner over everything I've tried so far (Neutron, with the same config, and Sony Player): absolutely dark background, heavier but still clear and articulated sub-bass, massive holography, a slightly warmer sound than DX300 Max but no less detailed with great separation of instruments. I'm not equalizing, just using D1 and DSD high on on Ultimate mode. Was quite disappointed at how Neutron sounds with 320Max, even emailed Dmitry about it as I had thought it was not properly configured. Neutron, don't know how to say it, sounds more artificial, more removed, not as spacious, almost tinny. Even on <$100 iems (my Dunu DK4001 is on its way to Taiwan atm as the left-hand side won't work, and I'm waiting on a pair of Moondrop Variations) MangoOS lets you in on a glimpse of what the device can do!

Of course, this is all subjective, I'm well aware that others' mmv and I'm not using cans, as my main use for 320Max is on the go (I find its size and weight not an obstacle to mobile delight).
Thank you for the info, reading this actually reminded me that I faced the same issue running Neutron on my Galaxy Note8 way back yonder (sounding offensively tinny) but not when running Neutron on the LG G7. Didn't think the same quirk would pop up again so many years later on the DX DAPs now. I'll have to test out the Android players to see if I face the same issue, but I'm glad that the Mango player has a parametric EQ, I'll have to play around with it once I get the Hifimans. Will be testing the 320Max out on my IER-Z1R and U12t in the meanwhile.

Nov 13, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #1,012 of 1,447
Managed most of my day at Canjam Dallas with my 320Max in Mango OS, all kinds of use cases :wink:

One feedback for iBasso. Playlist in Mango OS is lost if I eject my microSD card. It would be great if you can store on microSD or device.

img8634.jpg

img8630.jpg

img8616.jpg

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #1,013 of 1,447
Pretty obvious you need wifi or cellular service to connect everything. You can use your max at any McDonald's or Starbucks etc. with free wifi to connect to your streaming apps or use your phone cellular Hotspot. Also, your home wifi plan might come with millions of free wifi Hotspot. My Xfinity/comcast home wifi comes with free Hotspot everywhere on the go. 👍
If one has a subscription to a streaming service such as Spotify or Qobuz, it is possible to download from the services and play the downloaded music on their respective players. I do this with the N6ii and if/when I get one of these I plan to play most of my music in this way. Anyone else here doing this?

Nov 14, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #1,014 of 1,447
So I finally spent a few hours at the LHS testing out a few DAPs. Listened to the following in the order listed, RS8, N9ii, back to RS8, WM1ZM2, RS6, WM1AM2, and closed out the show with MAX Ti. I didn't expect to hear this based on the comments I have read about the RS8 but I thought it sounded a little shy in bass on some songs that I did not recall sounding that way. At the end of the three hours, I felt more confident than ever in the past of choosing a clear "overall" winner. But when I shut down to go home, I mentioned this to the shop rep and he checked the setting on the RS8 and said that I did not have the Turbo mode set on. Good thing they had run out of new MAX Ti at the shop so if I wanted one, I would have to come back in a couple of days as they wait for one to get shipped over from one of their other shops in the city.

So I will be going back to the shop some time later this week to give the RS8 another listen and also give the M9 Plus a try since that has received some positive comments recently as well. The RS8 is very good too though. I went back to the RS8 after listening to the N8ii because I was expecting better from both of them but after going back to the RS8, I thought it was much more to my linking than the N8ii. And if neither the RS8 in Turbo mode and the M9 Plus impresses me more than the MAX Ti, I will be walking out with the MAX Ti that the shop is shipping over from their other shop. I am sure they will not mind going through the shipping (within the city) and I end up choosing one of the other two. But based on how clearly better all-rounder the MAX Ti was to all of those that I tested last night, I will be surprised if I end up passing on the MAX Ti. Only possibility would be the smaller size and lighter weight of the M9 Plus but after handling the NS8 and WM1ZM2, I think the MAX Ti actually felt lighter than both of them.

While I am here and may be picking up a new MAX Ti, is there a post on this thread that walks new Ti owners through the battery handling process right from the opening of the box? I didn't really pay close attention to this process in the past because I didn't think I was going to fork out flagship type money. TBH, I thought the RS6 was good enough and easily what I would have chosen if I wanted to stick to a reasonable budget. And BTW, the reason why I am in the market for a new DAP is because my N6ii has been sitting at the Cayin offices since September 15th because the screen does not respond to any touch.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #1,015 of 1,447
Managed most of my day at Canjam Dallas with my 320Max in Mango OS, all kinds of use cases :wink:

One feedback for iBasso. Playlist in Mango OS is lost if I eject my microSD card. It would be great if you can store on microSD or device.

img8634.jpg
img8630.jpg
img8616.jpg
May I ask where you got the leather case for the Mass-Kobo?

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #1,016 of 1,447
Nov 14, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #1,017 of 1,447
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #1,018 of 1,447
It's from Vishnu leather. I also have the same case from them for the 320MAX.

Nov 14, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #1,020 of 1,447
So I finally spent a few hours at the LHS testing out a few DAPs. Listened to the following in the order listed, RS8, N9ii, back to RS8, WM1ZM2, RS6, WM1AM2, and closed out the show with MAX Ti. I didn't expect to hear this based on the comments I have read about the RS8 but I thought it sounded a little shy in bass on some songs that I did not recall sounding that way. At the end of the three hours, I felt more confident than ever in the past of choosing a clear "overall" winner. But when I shut down to go home, I mentioned this to the shop rep and he checked the setting on the RS8 and said that I did not have the Turbo mode set on. Good thing they had run out of new MAX Ti at the shop so if I wanted one, I would have to come back in a couple of days as they wait for one to get shipped over from one of their other shops in the city.

So I will be going back to the shop some time later this week to give the RS8 another listen and also give the M9 Plus a try since that has received some positive comments recently as well. The RS8 is very good too though. I went back to the RS8 after listening to the N8ii because I was expecting better from both of them but after going back to the RS8, I thought it was much more to my linking than the N8ii. And if neither the RS8 in Turbo mode and the M9 Plus impresses me more than the MAX Ti, I will be walking out with the MAX Ti that the shop is shipping over from their other shop. I am sure they will not mind going through the shipping (within the city) and I end up choosing one of the other two. But based on how clearly better all-rounder the MAX Ti was to all of those that I tested last night, I will be surprised if I end up passing on the MAX Ti. Only possibility would be the smaller size and lighter weight of the M9 Plus but after handling the NS8 and WM1ZM2, I think the MAX Ti actually felt lighter than both of them.

While I am here and may be picking up a new MAX Ti, is there a post on this thread that walks new Ti owners through the battery handling process right from the opening of the box? I didn't really pay close attention to this process in the past because I didn't think I was going to fork out flagship type money. TBH, I thought the RS6 was good enough and easily what I would have chosen if I wanted to stick to a reasonable budget. And BTW, the reason why I am in the market for a new DAP is because my N6ii has been sitting at the Cayin offices since September 15th because the screen does not respond to any touch.
I look forward to see your decision :). It depends on the gears you would like to pair with, but whether or not the other devices have turbo mode, it wouldn’t be as technically in line as Max Ti

Why ? Because Max Ti has High voltage directly from the battery packs without boosting it. Turbo modes from other devices are just boosting and regulating the voltage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back