DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Nov 15, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #1,021 of 1,447
So I finally spent a few hours at the LHS testing out a few DAPs. Listened to the following in the order listed, RS8, N9ii, back to RS8, WM1ZM2, RS6, WM1AM2, and closed out the show with MAX Ti. I didn't expect to hear this based on the comments I have read about the RS8 but I thought it sounded a little shy in bass on some songs that I did not recall sounding that way. At the end of the three hours, I felt more confident than ever in the past of choosing a clear "overall" winner. But when I shut down to go home, I mentioned this to the shop rep and he checked the setting on the RS8 and said that I did not have the Turbo mode set on. Good thing they had run out of new MAX Ti at the shop so if I wanted one, I would have to come back in a couple of days as they wait for one to get shipped over from one of their other shops in the city.

So I will be going back to the shop some time later this week to give the RS8 another listen and also give the M9 Plus a try since that has received some positive comments recently as well. The RS8 is very good too though. I went back to the RS8 after listening to the N8ii because I was expecting better from both of them but after going back to the RS8, I thought it was much more to my linking than the N8ii. And if neither the RS8 in Turbo mode and the M9 Plus impresses me more than the MAX Ti, I will be walking out with the MAX Ti that the shop is shipping over from their other shop. I am sure they will not mind going through the shipping (within the city) and I end up choosing one of the other two. But based on how clearly better all-rounder the MAX Ti was to all of those that I tested last night, I will be surprised if I end up passing on the MAX Ti. Only possibility would be the smaller size and lighter weight of the M9 Plus but after handling the NS8 and WM1ZM2, I think the MAX Ti actually felt lighter than both of them.

While I am here and may be picking up a new MAX Ti, is there a post on this thread that walks new Ti owners through the battery handling process right from the opening of the box? W przeszłości tak naprawdę nie zwracałem uwagi na ten proces, ponieważ nie sądziłem, że zamierzam wydać pieniądze typu flagowego. TBH, myślałem, że RS6 jest wystarczająco dobry i łatwy do wybrania, gdybym chciał zachować rozsądny budżet. I BTW, powodem, dla którego jestem na rynku nowego DAP, jest to, że mój N6ii siedzi w biurach Cayin od 15 września, ponieważ ekran nie reaguje na żaden dotyk.
from what I read and the opinions of other users, the Rs8 is more of a complement to ibasso than a competitor.

Nov 15, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #1,022 of 1,447
from what I read and the opinions of other users, the Rs8 is more of a complement to ibasso than a competitor.
Now that you mentioned this, I do recall reading that in a few different posts. Based on my testing, I would choose the WM1Z M2 to complement the MAX Ti. The RS8 is more similar to the MT than the 1Z is to the MT.

Nov 15, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #1,023 of 1,447
Now that you mentioned this, I do recall reading that in a few different posts. Based on my testing, I would choose the WM1Z M2 to complement the MAX Ti. The RS8 is more similar to the MT than the 1Z is to the MT.
I read that you have the same thoughts as mine. I had what you wrote for a while and I think that the ibasso is the more versatile Rs8 version. Now I'm waiting for Sony, which is already on its way to me because the European version has its limitations.

Nov 15, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #1,024 of 1,447
I read that you have the same thoughts as mine. I had what you wrote for a while and I think that the ibasso is the same page more versatile Rs8 version. Now I'm waiting for Sony, which is already on its way to me because the European version has its limitations.
I think you made a smart move with your combo decision. I think we are on the same page here. Totally agree with your comment that the MAX Ti is true most versatile sound wise (of the flagships).

Congratulations on the incoming purchase.

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #1,026 of 1,447

While I am here and may be picking up a new MAX Ti, is there a post on this thread that walks new Ti owners through the battery handling process right from the opening of the box? I didn't really pay close attention to this process in the past because I didn't think I was going to fork out flagship type money....
Any tips on how to handle the battery cycling upon purchase of the MAX Ti? Does it come fully charged or is it the usual only partially charged? I remember back in the day to fully charge phones before first use. Should I not play it on my way home and fully charged at home first? Is it two full battery drains after that? I assume it's not possible to fully drain both batteries at a time?

Thanks.

Nov 16, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #1,027 of 1,447
Any tips on how to handle the battery cycling upon purchase of the MAX Ti? Does it come fully charged or is it the usual only partially charged? I remember back in the day to fully charge phones before first use. Should I not play it on my way home and fully charged at home first? Is it two full battery drains after that? I assume it's not possible to fully drain both batteries at a time?

Thanks.
I wouldn’t worry too much. I just charge it up and start listening away.

The best about 320Max is that it battery packs can easily be replaceable. Whenever you need to buy it, just email @Paul - iBasso and ask for it. You can also ask your authorized dealer and ask to purchase the packs.

The first of it kind Being flagship DAP that is friendly to battery replacement

Nov 16, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #1,028 of 1,447
I wouldn’t worry too much. I just charge it up and start listening away.

The best about 320Max is that it battery packs can easily be replaceable. Whenever you need to buy it, just email @Paul - iBasso and ask for it. You can also ask your authorized dealer and ask to purchase the packs.

The first of it kind Being flagship DAP that is friendly to battery replacement
Good point. Hope someone far into the future will make a "How to ..." video for the non-DIYers. 😊

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #1,029 of 1,447
The Final Countdown began.
IMG_20231117_151645.jpg

Nov 17, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #1,032 of 1,447
I didn’t sleep on it… 🤣😁
LOL. Once I heard it, I could NOT sleep on it because I kept thinking about it. It wasn't healthy. 😅

Nov 18, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #1,033 of 1,447
Yesterday I used a fanny pack. It is very comfortable but it is important that either the zipper closes on the left side or that there be a double zipper so that you can choose the closing side to be on the left so that the control buttons will be at the top when lying sideways in the fanny pack. The fanny pack that I used yesterday closes on the right side so the control buttons would be on the bottom when lying sideways. This made it inconvenient to control the music.

So today I am trying this pouch attached to my belt. It works perfectly so far. About to have dim sum so I will add more comments later but here are some photos to give you an idea.

Attachments

• IMG_20231119_120418.jpg
    IMG_20231119_120418.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231119_120350.jpg
    IMG_20231119_120350.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231119_120444.jpg
    IMG_20231119_120444.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231119_120331.jpg
    IMG_20231119_120331.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 20, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #1,035 of 1,447
Anybody has updated the firmware since Paul made the announcement and cares to share their impressions post-update? Also, I'd really appreciate any impressions on the ThieAudio Prestige LTD, if anyone has tried it with the 320Max.
I only picked mine up last Friday so I assume that it still has an old firmware. I'll check which one I have later but what are the two latest versions?

I have the ThieAudio Monarch Mk2 and there is crazy good synergy. I would have to talk this purchase as one of my top audio purchases and one that has been giving me consistent smiles whenever I turn it on. Today I tried it with the 7Hz Timeless and it made me smile some more. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back