DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Sep 5, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #6,121 of 10,359
Any info on the weight of Edition X vs the current production DX320?

Sep 5, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #6,122 of 10,359
I'm sure they changed the circuitry of the X version a little bit and maybe they might have implemented AK4499EX but I could be wrong, that's probably reserved for the DX320MAX
We Know the ROHM chip sound is more neutral than AKM or LeSabre. I doubt that will change. I personally will never go back to others.

Any info on the weight of Edition X vs the current production DX320?
Let's hope it is not as heavy as stainless steel, and more like titanium.
The importance of light weight should not be underestimated.
Definitely looks quite beautiful.
Not sure why ibasso doesn't make this type of option available from beginning, as I would have bought it. Too late now. Oh well.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #6,123 of 10,359
Price: $1999 USD

Source?

If that is the case I would bet that this is just a stock DX320 stuffed into a different casing (albeit a gorgeous one).

Source for price in the iBasso Facebook links post # 6,106 shared by @Lu88

If there are no hardware 'changes' (and hardware changes are not always an improvement) a limited edition based on looks is no reason to be upset - unless you really care about looks

Even if there are tuning changes, it is still the same model name at the front with a big price increase. When the next Shanling, A&K or iBasso flagships are announced you will find the Edition X on Head Fi Classified for a big discount anyway.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #6,124 of 10,359
Source for price in the iBasso Facebook links post # 6,106 shared by @Lu88

If there are no hardware 'changes' (and hardware changes are not always an improvement) a limited edition based on looks is no reason to be upset - unless you really care about looks

Even if there are tuning changes, it is still the same model name at the front with a big price increase. When the next Shanling, A&K or iBasso flagships are announced you will find the Edition X on Head Fi Classified for a big discount anyway.
New AK September 15
Apparently a TOTL
SP3000 ... 🤔
And the new 'budget' Luxury and Precision will be there soon

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #6,126 of 10,359
New AK September 15
Apparently a TOTL
SP3000 ... 🤔
And the new 'budget' Luxury and Precision will be there soon
The L&P is very interesting with the switchable modules.

Sep 5, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #6,127 of 10,359
Guys, how do you use the DX320 as a USB DAC on Android Mode or is that only avaliable on Mango OS?

Sep 5, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #6,128 of 10,359
Guys, how do you use the DX320 as a USB DAC on Android Mode or is that only avaliable on Mango OS?
It’s under advanced settings in the mango player.

Or swipe left to the now playing screen and there is a toggle on the far right next to play mode.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #6,129 of 10,359
It is a special metal that is cast. It is different in structure from most metal is the matrix it creates and the crystalline structure. It is very hard and requires a special process after being cast in a mold. It is not an inexpensive process.
Is it the same Liquid Metal that Apple used to make their SIM ejectors with? Zirconium alloy?

Sep 6, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #6,132 of 10,359
Not bad but prefer the black casing personally. Looks like nothing else has changed under the hood.

I think the details of the design will be lost if chassis are in black. Also, because of these details, I don't think X-edition even needs a case to hide it :D

Sep 6, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #6,134 of 10,359
I think the details of the design will be lost if chassis are in black. Also, because of these details, I don't think X-edition even needs a case to hide it :D
The X-Edition is very svelte looking. Good for a serious iBasso enthusiast...not me however. I've learned my portable devices belong in a case! :scream:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back