DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Sep 6, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #6,137 of 10,347
Even a fancy phone ... deserve a case lol!!!
Yes, even when it hides the design. I'm not necessarily butter fingers, I'm just a more extreme environment user. Our house is more tile than carpet, my work life is 2-4 days a week in outdoor environments (sometimes paved, most times not). In 20+ years, only 2 phones with screen cracks or 'totaled'.

This past weekend the 320 went with me to run the UTWS5 (mainly for noise protection, but I do play background music all day). The 320 was in it's case, with the screen protector, housed in a lone compartment in my camera accessories/water backpack. Much better battery life than any phone has ever been able to achieve!

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #6,138 of 10,347
Yes, even when it hides the design. I'm not necessarily butter fingers, I'm just a more extreme environment user. Our house is more tile than carpet, my work life is 2-4 days a week in outdoor environments (sometimes paved, most times not). In 20+ years, only 2 phones with screen cracks or 'totaled'.

This past weekend the 320 went with me to run the UTWS5 (mainly for noise protection, but I do play background music all day). The 320 was in it's case, with the screen protector, housed in a lone compartment in my camera accessories/water backpack. Much better battery life than any phone has ever been able to achieve!
I actually love to use anything without a case, but I can attest that even when you take the most care, somehow there will always be hairline scratches on the phones or the DAP. Especially the phones, and with all the fancy hardening glasses ...etc...and those are a great annoyance

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #6,139 of 10,347
I think the details of the design will be lost if chassis are in black. Also, because of these details, I don't think X-edition even needs a case to hide it :D

The X-Edition is very svelte looking. Good for a serious iBasso enthusiast...not me however. I've learned my portable devices belong in a case! :scream:
I actually thought the X-Edition has been dropped at first as it looks like it has a dent on the corner 😃

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #6,140 of 10,347
I'm assuming many DX320 use the clear or clear dark TPU cases, the case provided by iBasso is actually really nice and premium but I prefer the tactile grip and protection provided by the TPU case. I'm sure with the light clear version, you should be able to see the chassis of the X-edition.

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #6,141 of 10,347
What are those two gold grommet things next to the PO/LO ports?
And has there been an availability date announced yet?

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #6,142 of 10,347
I'm assuming many DX320 use the clear or clear dark TPU cases, the case provided by iBasso is actually really nice and premium but I prefer the tactile grip and protection provided by the TPU case. I'm sure with the light clear version, you should be able to see the chassis of the X-edition.
Was there a clear case in the box with the DX320? I don't even remember! :thinking:

Personally, and I realize it's not always environmentally correct.....I'm a leather case user on most devices, but only if they provide great protection like the included one with the DX320. Most of the ones lately for iPhones are just minimal molded cases, or they don't fit tight enough and they come off while in your pocket. So...for phones I usually get a 'military tough' clear case with the best edge protection. I'll admit a couple of my phones have been run over by a 4 wheeler! One was toast....others survived with no issues.

I actually love to use anything without a case, but I can attest that even when you take the most care, somehow there will always be hairline scratches on the phones or the DAP. Especially the phones, and with all the fancy hardening glasses ...etc...and those are a great annoyance
Exactly. There is a trade off.....hardening glasses scratch less, but, more often than not, it makes the glass more 'brittle'. Glass screen protectors help the issue, or so has been the case for my mishaps.

Sep 6, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #6,143 of 10,347
Want to give my initial impressions on the Amp12 Ada-XF that I was given to audition by @Whitigir. First of all, big thanks to Vince who lets you audition the mod before buying. Buying from him is a pleasure and he is such a great resource for us to have.

I have been listening to the mod for a few hours now through Monarch II and MEST Indigo. I have never heard a stock Amp12 so all I can speak to is the modded Amp12. I also have the 11.2s as well as the 13 to compare the ADA-XF to. The Mest Indigo I generally find to be very detailed and resolving with still nice punchy low end while the Monarch II is more mid-focused with beautiful mids and great separation and staging.

Everyone knows how hard it is to explain what you're hearing but I'll try. I would describe the 12 Ada-XF amp mod as hyperrealistic or muscular. I feel like I am in the room with the musicians and can hear every breath. The dynamics and staging are tremendous. It is a really lovely, very detailed sound overall. You get out from the amp exactly what you put into it but it is not itself shouty or over the top. Treble is in the forefront but with a nice punchy quality to the bass to offset it. Bass is tight and not rumbly. There is good body to the sound so things do not sound thin.

Overall, I would say that if Amp 13 is striving for the best tube sound, this amp gets you the best solid state sound that you could want. Classical has sounded pristine, Bon Iver Blood Bank is intimate and engulfing. Michael McDonald background vocals sound eerily present. After listening to Amp 13 for a long time it is this hyperrealism that is challenging me a bit. But every time I say I am going to put my earphones down and do something else, I put on another song. I have done that for over an hour now. That says a lot I think.

Sep 6, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #6,144 of 10,347
Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Sep 6, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #6,145 of 10,347
Want to give my initial impressions on the Amp12 Ada-XF that I was given to audition by @Whitigir. First of all, big thanks to Vince who lets you audition the mod before buying. Buying from him is a pleasure and he is such a great resource for us to have.

I have been listening to the mod for a few hours now through Monarch II and MEST Indigo. I have never heard a stock Amp12 so all I can speak to is the modded Amp12. I also have the 11.2s as well as the 13 to compare the ADA-XF to. The Mest Indigo I generally find to be very detailed and resolving with still nice punchy low end while the Monarch II is more mid-focused with beautiful mids and great separation and staging.

Everyone knows how hard it is to explain what you're hearing but I'll try. I would describe the 12 Ada-XF amp mod as hyperrealistic or muscular. I feel like I am in the room with the musicians and can hear every breath. The dynamics and staging are tremendous. It is a really lovely, very detailed sound overall. You get out from the amp exactly what you put into it but it is not itself shouty or over the top. Treble is in the forefront but with a nice punchy quality to the bass to offset it. Bass is tight and not rumbly. There is good body to the sound so things do not sound thin.

Overall, I would say that if Amp 13 is striving for the best tube sound, this amp gets you the best solid state sound that you could want. Classical has sounded pristine, Bon Iver Blood Bank is intimate and engulfing. Michael McDonald background vocals sound eerily present. After listening to Amp 13 for a long time it is this hyperrealism that is challenging me a bit. But every time I say I am going to put my earphones down and do something else, I put on another song. I have done that for over an hour now. That says a lot I think.
Very nice details!

Sep 6, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #6,147 of 10,347
The dynamics and staging are tremendous
Any more details on these? Is soundstage wide, forward holographic, or spherical, etc.? How about micro dynamics?
Bass is tight and not rumbly
Do you mean not a lot of sub-bass rumble? I prefer a good amount of rumble, but if the hyperrealism you mentioned is as good as some hi-fi speaker systems I've heard, it's actually good enough that I'd be willing to trade sub-bass rumble for.

Sep 6, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #6,148 of 10,347
Any more details on these? Is soundstage wide, forward holographic, or spherical, etc.? How about micro dynamics?

Do you mean not a lot of sub-bass rumble? I prefer a good amount of rumble, but if the hyperrealism you mentioned is as good as some hi-fi speaker systems I've heard, it's actually good enough that I'd be willing to trade sub-bass rumble for.
Will try to focus on these tonight with some specific tracks and get back to you.

Sep 6, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #6,149 of 10,347
Just received my custom EXN2 from Steve, can't wait to install it after work.

20220906_184452.jpg

Attachments

• 20220906_184444.jpg
    20220906_184444.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220906_184435.jpg
    20220906_184435.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Sep 6, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #6,150 of 10,347
Ok, I'm not very good at describing sound (infact, I'm getting worse at it) but without doing a direct comparison, the EXN2 amp seems to open up the soundstage in both width and depth, there is definitely also a noticeable increase in dynamics (bass slam and clarity), there is less mid bass bleed than before and the mids sound controlled and transparent but still full of clarity, it mixes in well with the rest of the spectrum. The bass does sound leaner and cleaner with more resolution than before. The vocals placement sound different as well, on the D1 DAC filter on the DX320, vocals now sound more enhanced somehow and more organic than warm. Overall separation seems to have improved up a bit from what I can notice.

I'm of course using my U12Ts with JVC Spiral Dots++ for the listening done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back