DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Sep 5, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #6,108 of 10,358
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 5, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #6,109 of 10,358
What! I have the DX320 for 2 months and ibasso is now releasing a special edition.
Yeah, I just got mine 🫣

I wonder what the scratchability is like.

If it itches your sound preference, it’s bound to scratch. 😅

So what is liquid metal? A finishing technique? Or fabrication? Or material?

Sep 5, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #6,110 of 10,358
In 2012, iBasso launched the first Android player in the world and the first player that solved the Android SRC, which did not allow for high resolution playback. By resolving this problem we were able to support 24bit/192kH. How time flies like an arrow and now 10 years have passed.

Indeed, September 5th is iBasso's 16 year anniversary! To commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Android DAP and iBasso's 16 years of this musical journey, we are releasing a limited run of 500pcs of the DX320 edition X.

The DX320 edition X is made of a liquid metal alloy. With soft lines and intersecting curves that meld into each other, while incorporating the superb hardness and durability of liquid metal, the DX320 edition X is very futuristic. The appearance patent application was submitted in April 2020 (Patent number CN305996613S) for this design. In the past two years, the contracted manufacturer has processed production runs 3 times of which only 500pcs of the liquid metal alloy case were yielded. Due to the great cost and low production yield rate, we are unable to produce more of the DX320 edition X. Maybe this is the shape of the coming DAPs, using these advanced alloy materials, but only time will tell.

From the beginning until now, here at iBasso we have continued to strive for better daps and in the future from the OS, materials used to the finest of sound quality this will always be our goal for you. Like an arrow, straight to the music!

Sep 5, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #6,111 of 10,358
Yeah, I just got mine 🫣

If it itches your sound preference, it’s bound to scratch. 😅

So what is liquid metal? A finishing technique? Or fabrication? Or material?
It is a special metal that is cast. It is different in structure from most metal is the matrix it creates and the crystalline structure. It is very hard and requires a special process after being cast in a mold. It is not an inexpensive process.

Sep 5, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #6,112 of 10,358
If this is a limited quantity, I wouldn't assume you can just order one. Personally, I don't believe limited editions have any place in the audiophile community since it goes against the whole concept of sharing experiences and impressions with the full community. When only 50 people can own something, that is the complete opposite of community.

Hopefully, iBasso will offer this Edition X to anyone who is willing to pay the premium.
I agree, with iBasso's enthusiastic fan base, these X units are going to be hard to come by!
Fortunately I'm not looking to buy iBasso limited or other after this, so availability won't affect me.

Sep 5, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #6,113 of 10,358
I agree, with iBasso's enthusiastic fan base, these X units are going to be hard to come by!
Fortunately I'm not looking to buy iBasso limited or other after this, so availability won't affect me.
???? I guess I simply don't understand why you are saying that you won't be buying iBasso products in the future. Did something happen to your DX?

Sep 5, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #6,115 of 10,358
???? I guess I simply don't understand why you are saying that you won't be buying iBasso products in the future. Did something happen to your DX?

No offense to him but it seems an announcement of a limited edition run after he just made the order for a DX320 spoiled the fun for him. But to give up on such a premium player.....

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #6,116 of 10,358
No offense to him but it seems an announcement of a limited edition run after he just made the order for a DX320 spoiled the fun for him. I'm confused as to why he gave up on such a premium player.
Yeah, I don't get it. It is not the DX320 is being discontinued, or even changed. They are releasing a "collector's edition" which is done with a fairly large number of things. A perfect example would be gamers guides, or game consoles, or cars...

@Bret Halford if this is the reason, and if I were you, I would seriously reconsider. The DX320 isn't going away nor getting less support or anything like that. iBasso basically does this with all of their flagship DAPs (albeit normally in the way of the "MAX" series) for those collector's that feel the need to relieve their wallet of some (extra) weight.

On the other hand, if it makes you feel slighted or cheated, then maybe you SHOULD move on. I don't think anyone would want you to have a device that didn't make you totally happy. Just offering my $.02 (or less)... :)

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #6,117 of 10,358
No offense to him but it seems an announcement of a limited edition run after he just made the order for a DX320 spoiled the fun for him. But to give up on such a premium player.....
I'm sure he will have less regrets when the price will be announced :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back