DX220 Thread for software requests.
May 15, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #46 of 418
I tried to charge my newly received DX220 with Anker A2025 (2 usb 39W QC 3.0) and my samsung galaxy S9 original charger, in android mode lock screen, it showed charging in stead of fast charge, how we know it is charge in fast mode or normal mode

May 15, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #47 of 418
I tried to charge my newly received DX220 with Anker A2025 (2 usb 39W QC 3.0) and my samsung galaxy S9 original charger, in android mode lock screen, it showed charging in stead of fast charge, how we know it is charge in fast mode or normal mode
Right now we only know it's fast charging if it's finished charging within around 2 hours. Otherwise it will need much longer, like 5-6 hours .

May 17, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #49 of 418
tonight my dx220 wouldn't boot up and had to put into recovery mode

May 17, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #50 of 418
tonight my dx220 wouldn't boot up and had to put into recovery mode
Did the battery run all the way to 0%? I have read about other owners running into boot up issues by doing so and Paul has suggested it is better not to discharge all the way to 0% but recharge when it gets low to avoid this.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Tim

May 17, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #51 of 418

I used a usb power tester to confirm its fast charging at 9v. Fast charging works as intended, it just doesn't show it on the lock screen.

May 17, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #52 of 418
Did the battery run all the way to 0%? I have read about other owners running into boot up issues by doing so and Paul has suggested it is better not to discharge all the way to 0% but recharge when it gets low to avoid this.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Tim

No tim it was at 46%

May 17, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #54 of 418
Hello Paul,

New request that was initiated by alan_g in the other thread and supported by a few other members:

Add an option to display UV meters while music is playing and the screen is on - options on style would be analog swing (like the old analog voltmeters) or bar graph. I suggested and also ask for the option to have an audio spectrum display for either 1/3 or 1/6 octave bars (sub-options to be either one bar for each frequency displayed as the avg of left and right channels, 2 bars right next to each other for each frequency, or split display above and below with left and right shown separately).

Understand that this might not be a high priority given the other functional items on the list - but would be nice to see eventually if possible.

Best Regards,
Tim

Last edited:
May 18, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #55 of 418
Am I the only one who hears an usually big volume difference between songs on this device? There's no volume normalization option on Mango OS and I'm not sure there's one on Android OS either. Furthermore, when I was using that option in the Tidal app it wasn't correcting the problem. It's a significant issue with iems.

May 18, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #56 of 418
Thank you Paul, Your efforts have won another customer over from the competition :).

I jumped from my Chord Poly/Mojo and got a XD220 yesterday, mainly because you guys are much more responsive to customer feedback and suggestions. I'd say the musicality is about the same on the DX220 with the new Amp as the Mojo. Loving it so far paired with the KA Solaris.

To add to the growing wish list:
  • On view artist then artist/album as well as Artist/Song ?
  • Any chance of bookmarking with comment, I could listen to audio books too then ?
  • Make the menu button a little bigger ? With cover on it is difficult to hit. Considering trimming the top off the cover.
  • I have put a USB VOM on the USBC and QC2.0 kicks in but not displayed on the device, would be good to have something like QC in the status bar ?
Really nice DAP, I'm recommending it too.

Cheers, Max

May 18, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #57 of 418
Am I the only one who hears an usually big volume difference between songs on this device? There's no volume normalization option on Mango OS and I'm not sure there's one on Android OS either. Furthermore, when I was using that option in the Tidal app it wasn't correcting the problem. It's a significant issue with iems.
It just different number...

On pure Mango. volume is about 8 - 15, in Mango Android volume at 30-43

May 18, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #59 of 418
I mean on the same OS, songs can sound significantly different in volume at the same nominal volume.
I agree with you - depends on the original source files/music and how they were recorded and equalized - so not unique/issue with the DX220. Some players have a "replay gain" function to normalize/level the volume across different albums, playlist, etc.

Don't think I have seen this requested yet so another to add to the growing list for Paul and the iBasso team.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back