DX220 Thread for software requests.
May 20, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #77 of 418
How would it not be a double blind A/B test if I presume you just had a second instance of the particular song appearing in your library and wouldn't be able to tell from which source it comes? Mango OS, by the way.
I will grossly oversimplify my explanation here without trying to write a scientific research paper - and this will be my final thoughts on this (I was trying to help out on what you reported): for the testing to be blind I would not be allowed know which file was from which source and would need to be able to consistently say which file came from which source to declare a detectable difference. For a blind test to be double blind neither the participant or the conductor of the test could know which file/source is which - considered a higher level of fidelity to eliminate bias to the largest extent possible. Since I was doing the test by myself and knowing which file was from internal memory and which from the SD card it doesn't qualify as a blind or double-blind test. And I could not detect any difference anyway.

Yes - I was using Mango mode.

Good Luck,
Tim

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #79 of 418
Ok, another thing that might seem super weird and perhaps not be replicated but this time I basically A/Bed it. Trying to write in the thread of an iem that the DX228 is a good choice for a dap. Sounding good on Mango OS. I listen through USB dac sound quality is a lot worse. Ok. I guess. Except when I exit USB dac and disconnect the song I was just listening to is sounding wrong. I was describing how the iem with the DX228 renders space in width and some depth, now I'm struggling to make out any of it and am also wondering if something is going on on the z axis whereas there was nothing of this before. It's strange enough that I decide to turn off the dap. Immediately turn it on, sound quality is much better, back to my impression of mere minutes if not seconds ago. Now this was weird.

May 20, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #80 of 418
Hi @Paul - iBasso,
couldn't access the dap as storage (both built in and microsd) through USB on my win 7 SP1 64bit desktop pc. It works fine with my Linux laptop though (with the same USB cable).
Have you installed the USB/DAC driver from our website? The Linux won't need a driver but Windows does.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 20, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #81 of 418
I posted about this in the DX220 thread but it might get noticed more here as it's a bit slower paced:

On Android in DAC mode through Mango app music is played in mono for me - both left and right have sound but it is the same channel on each.
Then when I go back to DAP mode the mono issue continues even if I use the tidal app for example. If I reboot it goes back to stereo again.

I'm using Windows 10 and the issue is the same either with the iBasso driver installed or not.

Is this a known issue?

May 20, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #82 of 418
Paul,

I updated to the new FW - thanks to the iBasso team for this.

So one real quick request here - under Android mode I see the Artist listing now shows by Album which was requested by several - very good!

However, I can't figure out how to get the All Songs listing which is how it use to be - even though we have a Play All option the display listing is only by Album even if one selects Play all music. Can we please get an option to display the listing either by Album or the Entire Song List of the Artist? Also, when playing all by the Artist - should have the option to do so by Album (then track by track), Alphabetically for the entire song list, or Random Play for the entire song list.

Kind Regards,
Tim

May 20, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #83 of 418
Issues and requests have been noted and I have passed them to the software team.

May 20, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #84 of 418
Paul,

I updated to the new FW - thanks to the iBasso team for this.

So one real quick request here - under Android mode I see the Artist listing now shows by Album which was requested by several - very good!

However, I can't figure out how to get the All Songs listing which is how it use to be - even though we have a Play All option the display listing is only by Album even if one selects Play all music. Can we please get an option to display the listing either by Album or the Entire Song List of the Artist? Also, when playing all by the Artist - should have the option to do so by Album (then track by track), Alphabetically for the entire song list, or Random Play for the entire song list.

Kind Regards,
Tim
Long press the artists name and then press all.

May 20, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #85 of 418
I posted about this in the DX220 thread but it might get noticed more here as it's a bit slower paced:

On Android in DAC mode through Mango app music is played in mono for me - both left and right have sound but it is the same channel on each.
Then when I go back to DAP mode the mono issue continues even if I use the tidal app for example. If I reboot it goes back to stereo again.

I'm using Windows 10 and the issue is the same either with the iBasso driver installed or not.

Is this a known issue?

I think you and I just described the same issue, I didn't know how to word it technically. I was on Mango OS and do not recall taking a significant hit on sound quality in DAC mode before.

May 20, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #86 of 418

Is this a known issue?

Just updated to latest firmware and this issue seems to be resolved.

May 20, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #87 of 418
Long press the artists name and then press all.
Hello Paul,

I am trying your suggestion and can't get any kind of pop-up menu/options within Artist view - only shows a listing of all Albums below with a button "Play all music" in the top area that summarizes the Artist and total song count. I have tried long touching the Artist Name, Album Art, and the header "Artist" label - nothing comes up for me.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #88 of 418
@Paul - iBasso So I upgraded to the new firmware and I had to rescan my music in the mango app on android and the mango app keeps crashing part way through the scan so I don't have all of my music now. I have restarted the dx220 a few times now and it hasn't fixed it.

Edit:
It is only when scanning the SD card. Internal works fine. I tried with the Hiby app and it works fine so must be something with the Mango app.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back