DX220 Thread for software requests.
Oct 1, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #316 of 418
Can you send an album or some songs that demonstrate this so we can better understand what is happening? You can use the free service, WeTransfer and use the email service@ibasso.com. Thank you.
What I found is that if the "Album artist" file property is left blank than the "Contributing artists" file property (name of the property on my Windows7 based computer) is used (in Mp3tag this property is just called "Artist"). However, depending on how the information is formatted in that field will dictate how the DX220 uses it. If there are 2 artist listed, separated by a semi-colon, then the DX220 uses the first artist for the album association. If there are 3 or more artist listed, separated by a semi-colon between each, then the DX220 uses the last artist in the list for the album association. There is really no way of knowing which artist to use for the album association from only the contributing artist field if the album artist field is blank.

Once I figured this out with the latest FW update I used the Mp3tag application to fill-in all of my music files that were missing album artist information and cleaned up some other information that was not displaying how I wanted it to. Where there were multiple names under "Artist" I picked which one I wanted the album to associate with and entered that in the "Album Artist" field. For compilation albums I decided to leave the "Album Artist" field blank so the songs do associate to the "Artist" listed for each song and also display under the Album option on the DX220. Took me a few hours but now everything displays and associates correctly from artist to album to song.

This may not be the answer you wanted but it did solve the problem for me.

Just a thought @DJKick...

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #317 of 418
Is it possible to lock the volume knob while the screen is off in Mango OS?

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #319 of 418
One other request is when you do a search for now, all the tracks are appearing but without any hierarchy.
If you do not use search , and just go to the artist tab in your library and click on the artist all the albums he is appearing are displayed. The tracks are organized per album.
If you use search for an artist name, and then go to the artist tab on the search results, there is no more hierarchy, the albums are not appearing, just the tracks and with no clue on what the album is.

Once again very small feature but better user experience.

Also on the library when in Album view, why having displayed the number of tracks in the second line , it would be better to show the Album Artist Name, it is more relevant.

Oct 8, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #320 of 418
Hi @Paul - iBasso , can you add an option in setting to disable android volume slider? Or at least, dont make it touchable. Yesterday i used third party music app. When i turned up volume wheel, the volume slider popped up and accidentaly touched the edge of volume slider and BAM! My headphone almost destroyed my ears. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #321 of 418
How can i rename the playlist in Mango mode?
This is a good idea @Paul - iBasso - can this be considered for the next FW update? Also, why are playlists not common between Android and Mango modes? Kind of a pain to have to create/recreate the same information in each mode...

Still looking forward to a Alphanumeric jump-to capability to quickly move forward/backward in long lists of songs/artists/albums/etc... I sure hope this is being worked on and would be warmly welcomed by many owners.

Another request from early on that would be much appreciated - under Artist listing have the option to display by Song or by Album. Currently we only have the option to see the Albums (although, in Android mode there is an option for "Play all music" which if you then go to Now Playing you will get a listing of all Songs).

Lastly, although it sounds like this will not happen, is it possible to incorporate the Search capabilities in Android into the Mango mode/Mango Player directly? I know this has been discussed a few times in this thread but I don't recall seeing that it is not possible to do.

Greatly appreciate your feedback and inputs Paul.

Best Regards,
Tim

Oct 12, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #322 of 418
This is a good idea @Paul - iBasso - can this be considered for the next FW update? Also, why are playlists not common between Android and Mango modes? Kind of a pain to have to create/recreate the same information in each mode...

Still looking forward to a Alphanumeric jump-to capability to quickly move forward/backward in long lists of songs/artists/albums/etc... I sure hope this is being worked on and would be warmly welcomed by many owners.

***** It may be hard because of numbers being used.

Another request from early on that would be much appreciated - under Artist listing have the option to display by Song or by Album. Currently we only have the option to see the Albums (although, in Android mode there is an option for "Play all music" which if you then go to Now Playing you will get a listing of all Songs).

***** Is there an APP that does this?

Lastly, although it sounds like this will not happen, is it possible to incorporate the Search capabilities in Android into the Mango mode/Mango Player directly? I know this has been discussed a few times in this thread but I don't recall seeing that it is not possible to do.

***** Mango strips away everything so to have search would be putting Android back into Mango. Mango is meant to be a basic player.

Greatly appreciate your feedback and inputs Paul.

Best Regards,
Tim

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 12, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #323 of 418
Hello @Paul - iBasso - saw your responses and here is some additional feedback from me (anyone else - please feel free to add to this):
1) On the alpha-numeric jump-to - see this post https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/#post-14940736 where dlegendkiller shows a screenshot of what it could look like. The # symbol at the top would switch the list of alphabet to numbers/characters so the user could select to jump forward/backward. Not sure I understand why this would be difficult since we already see all artists/albums/etc regardless of whether they begin with an alpha character or number/symbol...

2) I am not aware of an APP for this and the DX220 can already do what I/we are asking in various menus and modes. In Android mode when you go to Artist/Play all music (button at the top)/Now Playing - and there you have all songs by that artist listed. Also noticed that in Mango Mode/Now Playing menu it has the sub-menus (sorting icon at the upper right corner of screen) of Title/Album/Artist/Added. Interestingly enough - from a Playlist with a song playing if you go to Now Playing we have the sorting by Title/Album/Artist/Added which works nicely - should modify the second line display to show Artist & Album (okay, maybe Added as well) instead of just the Artist. This sorting option is not available for Playlist in Android but would be nice to add. So it appears that all the coding is there - just spread across various areas.

3) Okay - understand about searching in Mango Mode. But we can still dream can't we? :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Did you agree with the very first item about Playlist commonality across Mango and Android? And key is being able to name/rename Playlist in Mango Mode - this is really a pain to not know what each Playlist contains if that makes sense.

Let me know if you need any other clarifications.

Anyone else have inputs?

Best Regards,
Tim

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #324 of 418
I have the iBasso DX220 and use it as a transport for my Flac music files with the CHORD DAVE DAC and HMS up-sampler. I haven’t used any WiFi music streaming services yet with the DAP but was wondering if I can stream music via optical out to the DAVE from the DX220? How is this done?

Thanks

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #325 of 418
Cannot update to the new dx220 firmware!
Downloaded it and it is now in the SD card's root folder.
To make it short, I followed the instructions from the updater and...
"Verifying failed, please check your package".
The same result occurs when I moved the package to the internal memory!
No problems with the previous 1.12.149 version.

Any help please?
Thanks.

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #326 of 418

Any help please?
Thanks.

Did you use online updater via WiFi? It is much easier. The only problem I got is Lurker add-on for the new FW.

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #327 of 418

Any help please?
Thanks.
I had problems on the first few tries then figured out that the downloaded zip file had to be opened then the folder inside opened until you get to the file "DX220-ota-full-1.13.202.zip" (there will also be the readme.txt file in the same folder). That zip needs to be copied either into the internal memory in your DX220 (this is what I did) or to your memory card root folder. Then from Android Mode press Settings/System/Updater/Local Update - then select either internal storage or your memory card and the file name above should show up - pick it and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #328 of 418
Thanks everyone.
I have Lurker's too. I cannot use the online update.
But with these tips I will get there, thanks.

Cheers
Paulo

Oct 29, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #329 of 418
@Paul - iBasso just a small request for Mango Mode, if possible: Can you put a background circle (i.e. black) on the evolution (%) when scanning music?
The actual white number (i.e. ...7%, 8%, ..., 100%) is unreadable against most bright album covers

Thanks
Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back