DX220 Thread for software requests.
Sep 2, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #301 of 418
Just curiosity, why this is not possible? I mean, can you explain better? Just to understand, that's all
Some PC have a very low output on the USB port. So, if we allow our player to draw a large current from the PC, which it can and does do, it has the possibility to freeze the PC. This has occurred with very upset customers so we had to make a decision about this. One customer had the USB burn out and this is not a good situation. I have asked our software team again about this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 2, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #302 of 418
Thanks for your reply Paul.
I agree with you if the DX is connected to a portable device also running on a battery, then it makes sense not to drain the battery of the source.
But if the DX is connected to e.g. a stationary device like a PC consuming the electric power from a wall plug, then it would be great to have the option to charge the DX in DAC mode.

Ideally there would be an option in the DX settings that let the user decide if the DX should be charged in DAC mode or not, what do you think ?

We can't change the settings to do this.

Some PC have a very low output on the USB port. So, if we allow our player to draw a large current from the PC, which it can and does do, it has the possibility to freeze the PC. This has occurred with very upset customers so we had to make a decision about this. One customer had the USB burn out and this is not a good situation. I have asked our software team again about this.

@Paul - iBasso
This is exact the reason why hardware specifications exist.
The USB specification clearly describes the max. current that is allowed for a specific USB type.
As long as the DX220 stays inside the USB specification, there is nothing to worry about.
iBasso is not responsible for poor designed PC mainboards which seriously violates the USB specification.

You could deal with this problem in two ways from my point of view

a) Limiting the max. current that the DX220 drains from an source. Ideally the DX220 would be limited only in DAC mode and drains the full current in regular charging mode.
Of course i don't know if you can limit the current only with a different firmware (software) or if you need a different hardware design to achieve this.

b) You could show a clear warning mask to inform the user that the source must be able to handle the max current the DX220 drains. Ideally there would be a settings switch that a user has to set explicit for charging in DAC mode. Then the warning mask could be shown.

I don't want to be annoying, but i think if the engineers really want, there would be a way how to achieve this in a safe way for everyone. And i also think, that there are other users like me, who would highly appreciate such a charging possibility in DAC mode.

The DX220 is a really outstanding DAP with a brilliant DAC implementation, very well done soundwise. Thank you for this little gem.
It would be a real benefit to be able to use it also as a stationary DAC without to pay attention to the battery status.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #303 of 418
What are you having issues with?

My only issue is navigating in lists, going to the top when going back, i.e. by artists but also in album view (covers), genres, etc. I only use DX220 on Mango OS, so browsing music is like about 80% of my interaction with DX220

My expectation on a new FW is only for that fix

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #304 of 418
My only issue is navigating in lists, going to the top when going back, i.e. by artists but also in album view (covers), genres, etc. I only use DX220 on Mango OS, so browsing music is like about 80% of my interaction with DX220

My expectation on a new FW is only for that fix
For sure this is the top priority for me as well. Including the capability to alpha jump forward/backward would make navigating long lists much quicker and reduce the overshoot scrolling where one has to go back and forth to arrive at the desired artist/song/directory/etc.

We all realize that iBasso resources are focused on the new products coming soon (holiday season is rapidly approaching...) but a FW update would be very welcome and greatly appreciated for sure.

Cheers,
Tim

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #306 of 418
@Paul - iBasso, is it possible to add DAC enable/disable option to Android drop down menu? Or DAC functionality requires Mango Player runs?

Thanks,
Roman
I am not sure what you mean. There is a menu to turn the mode on and of from DAP to DAC.

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #308 of 418

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #312 of 418
@Paul - iBasso I can recap at least one problem: wv containers files are playing very unstable and few pages back you mentioned SW team is working to fix that problem in next firmware release.
We only have a few WV files and they play without issue. Can you send a couple that are a problem to service@ibasso.com and paul@ibasso.com? You can use WeTransfer, a free service for larger files. Thank you.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #313 of 418
hi Paul,
I will do.
Basically, i have problem with every wv image (albums) in 192/32 quality with cue file.
Single tracks plays smoothly.

We only have a few WV files and they play without issue. Can you send a couple that are a problem to service@ibasso.com and paul@ibasso.com? You can use WeTransfer, a free service for larger files. Thank you.

Oct 1, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #314 of 418
Last version of the firmware still not showing correctly the artists name for each song. Right now it displays only Album Artist. It should display Artist name in case Album Artist is different. For a DJ mix, you can now only see the name of the DJ all the way and not the name of each individual artist of the mix for each song when they are playing.
This is quite annoying not to be able to see the right Artist name for each track, and to be able to see only Album Artist Name all the way... This is done correctly in iphones, and other DAP (DP-X1) as well as in other popular Android players like Poweramp.
Please can you fix this tiny but annoying issue?

Oct 1, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #315 of 418
Last version of the firmware still not showing correctly the artists name for each song. Right now it displays only Album Artist. It should display Artist name in case Album Artist is different. For a DJ mix, you can now only see the name of the DJ all the way and not the name of each individual artist of the mix for each song when they are playing.
This is quite annoying not to be able to see the right Artist name for each track, and to be able to see only Album Artist Name all the way... This is done correctly in iphones, and other DAP (DP-X1) as well as in other popular Android players like Poweramp.
Please can you fix this tiny but annoying issue?
Can you send an album or some songs that demonstrate this so we can better understand what is happening? You can use the free service, WeTransfer and use the email service@ibasso.com. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back