DX220 Thread for software requests.
Dec 3, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #346 of 418
Is anyone having issues with weak wifi on their DX220. I have mine connected to the same network my phone is connected to and while it isn't the fastest network at a 20mbps download on my phone. My DX220 won't even get a connection or if it does it gets 0.5mbps which is totally useless. I have even tried using my phone as a hotspot and it will have a speedtest of 100mbps and my DX220 only gets 0.5-1mbps with my phone right next to it. So not sure what is going on with the wifi or if it is an issue with my device. I am on the latest 1.15.233 update.

Dec 3, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #348 of 418
Is anyone having issues with weak wifi on their DX220. I have mine connected to the same network my phone is connected to and while it isn't the fastest network at a 20mbps download on my phone. My DX220 won't even get a connection or if it does it gets 0.5mbps which is totally useless. I have even tried using my phone as a hotspot and it will have a speedtest of 100mbps and my DX220 only gets 0.5-1mbps with my phone right next to it. So not sure what is going on with the wifi or if it is an issue with my device. I am on the latest 1.15.233 update.

I have no issues with the wifi, its always a fast connection and i never had problems.
For me it sounds like a hardware issue, therefore is this the wrong thread for such a question, the chances for an answer are bigger in the DX220 thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...-1st-page-amp9-now-available-and-dc01.898388/

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #349 of 418
I have no issues with the wifi, its always a fast connection and i never had problems.
For me it sounds like a hardware issue, therefore is this the wrong thread for such a question, the chances for an answer are bigger in the DX220 thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...-1st-page-amp9-now-available-and-dc01.898388/

I will post there as well but wasn't really having much of an issue before the most recent software update should have added that so thought maybe it could be software related.

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #350 of 418
About the DAC driver for dx220. (Latest firmware)

I recently got a Sabaj D5 (ES9038PRO) desktop dac/amp, I played around the foobar2000 setup, and I can
set it up to play up to DSD512 on DSD Native mode.
I then tried DX220 as DAC mode, and here my comments.

1. the driver is too old (and DX220 is flagship of IBasso) at v3.34,
the latest XMOS driver is 4.67 from Topping, my D5 uses 4.47.
2. DX220 support 32bit, but this driver only allow 24bit.
3. when in DAC mode, can we have driver information show up on DX220 screen
right now, it doesn't show anything except "DAC MODE"
And the old driver control panel only shows frequency
On both should be able to show these information
(these are showing on my D5 driver control panel, and its screen)
Frequency (DSD,PCM)
ASIO mode (PCM,DSD)
Input/Output letency
4. I cannot up sampling PCM to DSD with foobar2000 setup, but same setup works for D5.
(probably because old driver?)
5. is it possible to support 768KHz through firmware update?
Hey, this has 2 ES9028PRO...
6. This stock amp seems a little under power? I had to set it to hi-gain@120
to drive my Denon AH-D5000

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #351 of 418
About the DAC driver for dx220. (Latest firmware)

I recently got a Sabaj D5 (ES9038PRO) desktop dac/amp, I played around the foobar2000 setup, and I can
set it up to play up to DSD512 on DSD Native mode.
I then tried DX220 as DAC mode, and here my comments.

1. the driver is too old (and DX220 is flagship of IBasso) at v3.34,
the latest XMOS driver is 4.67 from Topping, my D5 uses 4.47.
2. DX220 support 32bit, but this driver only allow 24bit.
3. when in DAC mode, can we have driver information show up on DX220 screen
right now, it doesn't show anything except "DAC MODE"
And the old driver control panel only shows frequency
On both should be able to show these information
(these are showing on my D5 driver control panel, and its screen)
Frequency (DSD,PCM)
ASIO mode (PCM,DSD)
Input/Output letency
4. I cannot up sampling PCM to DSD with foobar2000 setup, but same setup works for D5.
(probably because old driver?)
5. is it possible to support 768KHz through firmware update?
Hey, this has 2 ES9028PRO...
6. This stock amp seems a little under power? I had to set it to hi-gain@120
to drive my Denon AH-D5000

I play in dac mode through hqplayer. I will add it's with asio driver. It sounds wonderful when I dont have any static noise at the beginning. It starts with low volume clicks and pops. I noticed when I play longer than 10min the pops and clicks starts to be frequent and loud making it to be unlistenable in dac mode. This is so crappy that I'm starting to look on some other options with the same playback quality but without this audible issues.

It's for sure driver issue because normally with groove and hqplayer on wasapi driver it plays without problem. Just with asio driver issues all the time.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #352 of 418
1. the driver is too old
Thesycon produces the driver with support for several different hardware, from both sides: add new USB bus versions, and add new audio chips. XMOS provides new builds only when Thesycon has added support for their new chip and passed WHQL certification. If you read change log e.g. for 4.xx versions, you'll find nothing useful for end user.

I cannot up sampling PCM to DSD
This is not a function of the driver. The driver shall pass data from the software to the device, that's all.

DX220 support 32bit, but this driver only allow 24bit.
Actually, it supports 24-bit samples padded to 32-bit samples, which is just another name for the same thing :wink:

these are showing on my D5 driver control panel, and its screen
Sabaj might have customized Windows driver control panel. Regarding the screen, note that D5 is a DAC, and DX220 is a DAP. DX220 can do much more than D5 can, but you don't complain to Sabaj, do you? :wink: DX220 has integrated XMOS chip the way that XMOS handles the audio stream from USB input by itself, and the other part of DX220 (which can output to the screen) has no access to this process even for information. XMOS chip's USB interface is connected either to the SoC (to playback as a part of DAP), or to the external socket (to playback as a DAC).

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #353 of 418
Live convert PCM into DSD will need an DSM (Delta Sigma Modulator). There are some apps that allow such, but that is not worth it. You better off using the DAP as is, unless you are using an external Dedicatedly built PC...otherwise.

However, even with dedicated PC, it is better when you can offline applying the process of DSM onto your storages as DSD files

I am a fan of DSD done right, but if it isn’t...then you better off with using Good PCM into a good setup.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #354 of 418
Thesycon produces the driver with support for several different hardware, from both sides: add new USB bus versions, and add new audio chips. XMOS provides new builds only when Thesycon has added support for their new chip and passed WHQL certification. If you read change log e.g. for 4.xx versions, you'll find nothing useful for end user.
Check the change log, the latest update has something change for Windows 10 1903:
-----------------------------------------------------
V4.67.0 (May 21, 2019)
-----------------------------------------------------

* New: support for Windows 10 (1903)

And my windows version is 1903.
Also, there are quite some changes from v3.x, I think the least that iBasso to support its
flagship product is to update its ADC driver.

Jan 26, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #359 of 418
Hi guys, I am using the DX220 with amp 8 on the latest firmware. I installed Tidal from APKpure.

I want to use EQ in Tidal. Since Tidal doesn't support EQ, someone recommended me to use UAPP. I got a version from dlandroid website (apk) but UAPP crashes on the 220.

Any ideas how I can EQ Tidal on DX220?

Thanks.

Jan 26, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #360 of 418
Hi guys, I am using the DX220 with amp 8 on the latest firmware. I installed Tidal from APKpure.

I want to use EQ in Tidal. Since Tidal doesn't support EQ, someone recommended me to use UAPP. I got a version from dlandroid website (apk) but UAPP crashes on the 220.

Any ideas how I can EQ Tidal on DX220?

Thanks.

Install google play from apkpure and then dl uapp from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back