DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Dec 22, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #13,291 of 13,478
Android O, V1.19.324 Dec 22nd, 2021

Download:
http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX220FW-ota-1.19.zip

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Rectified the bug that some player APPs are unable to be controlled by the physical button. (Android OS)
2. Improved the support for the music folder when a large number of music files are loaded. (Android OS)
3. Improved the scrolling operation on some interfaces. (Mango OS)
4. Improved the scanning function. (Mango OS)
5. Rectified the bug that some M3U are unable to be imported. (Mango OS)

Instructions For Firmware update:

1. Copy and paste the DX220-ota-full-1.19.324.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX220's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX220 after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.
Why can’t the Wi-Fi updater do this?

Dec 22, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #13,292 of 13,478

Download:

1. Rectified the bug that some player APPs are unable to be controlled by the physical button. (Android OS)
2. Improved the support for the music folder when a large number of music files are loaded. (Android OS)

1. Copy and paste the DX220-ota-full-1.19.324.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX220's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX220 after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.
Very significant updates! esp. the m3u...

1640174747730.png

Dec 22, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #13,293 of 13,478
Why can’t the Wi-Fi updater do this?
It will but there is usually a few days delay before it gets put on the OYTA servers. Paul and the iBasso folk have been pretty awesome about making the file available for download as an option. Or you can just wait a few days and download it straight to the DAP.
Cheers and All the Best! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Dec 22, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #13,295 of 13,478
Well, for me the m3u import didn't work (again).:sob: The songs on the imported list are all shuffled, even worse than before. I'll troubleshoot my m3u format again but this has happened before...and will happen again (BSG reference:wink:). This has been the only killjoy with iBasso DAPs, although I have always managed a workaround...but not without considerable difficulty most times.
Until next time...
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #13,296 of 13,478
Well, for me the m3u import didn't work (again).:sob: The songs on the imported list are all shuffled, even worse than before. I'll troubleshoot my m3u format again but this has happened before...and will happen again (BSG reference:wink:). This has been the only killjoy with iBasso DAPs, although I have always managed a workaround...but not without considerable difficulty most times.
Until next time...
-HK sends
Well that is unfortunate - makes you wonder how much testing they do before rolling these FW updates out...

I don't suppose there is any chance that they incorporated the alphanumeric scrolling capability that is advertised to be in the DX300 & DX240? I rolled back and stayed at 1.17.256 after the disappointing experience with 1.18.284.

Although - kudos to iBasso for continuing to support the DX220 - I am hopeful that they will address some of the ideas and requests in the dedicated thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/

DX228EX is still what I listen to almost daily - spent a nice solid hour last night and still impressed with the fantastic sound quality.

Cheers,
Tim

Dec 22, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #13,297 of 13,478
Well that is unfortunate - makes you wonder how much testing they do before rolling these FW updates out...

I don't suppose there is any chance that they incorporated the alphanumeric scrolling capability that is advertised to be in the DX300 & DX240? I rolled back and stayed at 1.17.256 after the disappointing experience with 1.18.284.

Although - kudos to iBasso for continuing to support the DX220 - I am hopeful that they will address some of the ideas and requests in the dedicated thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/

DX228EX is still what I listen to almost daily - spent a nice solid hour last night and still impressed with the fantastic sound quality.

Cheers,
Tim
It was supposed to be completely tested. We will go over this again to weed out the issues.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 22, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #13,300 of 13,478
Dec 22, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #13,301 of 13,478
It was supposed to be completely tested. We will go over this again to weed out the issues.
Thanks @Paul - iBasso for continuing to chase this. You help keep my faith in iBasso strong.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
One off topic question, have the iBasso Engineers considered R2R resistor ladder DACs to replace brand name DAC chips?
They could program their own filters through an FPGA and never have to worry if there's a shortage of a company's DAC chips.
I've been listening to a R2R DAC at home and it sounds amazing! (Please forgive me if I've asked this before, I'm under the weather and my memory is jumbled today)
Cheers and All the Best! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #13,302 of 13,478
Until next time...
-HK sends

Dang! so sad, really.
oh might as well build a playlist in Android, then transfer to the Mango. This works - it's painstaking - imagine an entire genre playlist - but it works...

Dec 23, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #13,303 of 13,478
Dang! so sad, really.
oh might as well build a playlist in Android, then transfer to the Mango. This works - it's painstaking - imagine an entire genre playlist - but it works...
I had done that previously (a lot) and it didn't work. The playlist file I had tried was built in Android...but now that you mention it, it wasn't built under this firmware version. I guess I need to build another Android Mango playlist under the new firmware and try importing into Mango OS again. Fingers crossed...
Cheers and Thanks! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Dec 23, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #13,304 of 13,478
I had done that previously (a lot) and it didn't work. The playlist file I had tried was built in Android...but now that you mention it, it wasn't built under this firmware version. I guess I need to build another Android Mango playlist under the new firmware and try importing into Mango OS again. Fingers crossed...
Cheers and Thanks! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Some of my playlists were created in 1.18 and worked in the previous 1.19 (the version before .324)
I noticed after the 1.19 update (the version before .324), m3u files populated the playlist in the Mango, I haven't tried though, I looked for my own android playlists in the Mango and played them in the same - without any hiccup...

Download:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back