DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 24, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #4,022 of 13,478
Ok perhaps its normal.
But just poking around the Android GUI, going thru settings, etc for like 20-30mins (not playing music), I lost 3%.
Is that normal?

I don’t own the DX220 just a heads up but yeah 30 mins of screen time and losing 3% sounds fairly reasonable to me. Just my opinion though :)

May 24, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #4,023 of 13,478
It’s not off, just on standby.
That is about what my iPhone 8 does. My iwatch IV uses more battery than that. I don't use standby, I turn it off when not in use. I find that the best use.

May 24, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #4,025 of 13,478
I've seen this question asked but haven't seen an answer yet. Is there a way to rollback the firmware. Factory reset doesn't do it and I've tried installing the past firmware but it won't let me.

I'm glad a lot of the users are happy with their experience but to be honest mine hasn't been that smooth. Can anyone else hear a small popping noise in your iems when changing songs? (In mango OS and mango android)

The software on my unit seems buggy, I also have the 192khz stuttering on mqa and it has switched off itself a few times (I think it crashed).
I'm also worried that the temperature of the unit will affect longevity (I suspect that the crashing could have something to do with the heat but I'm not an engineer...).

May 24, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #4,026 of 13,478
I've seen this question asked but haven't seen an answer yet. Is there a way to rollback the firmware. Factory reset doesn't do it and I've tried installing the past firmware but it won't let me.

I'm glad a lot of the users are happy with their experience but to be honest mine hasn't been that smooth. Can anyone else hear a small popping noise in your iems when changing songs? (In mango OS and mango android)

The software on my unit seems buggy, I also have the 192khz stuttering on mqa and it has switched off itself a few times (I think it crashed).
I'm also worried that the temperature of the unit will affect longevity (I suspect that the crashing could have something to do with the heat but I'm not an engineer...).
To rollback, you need special img file. Email @Paul - iBasso for the file and instructions.

May 24, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #4,028 of 13,478
I can't seem to connect the Dx220 reliably to my computer in both the 'Transfer Files' modes.
It get's disconnected randomly in my Win10 machine, while in my Mac the drive does not show up at all.
Any ideas?
What USB c cable are u using? When I first got the dx220 I tried using it with the included cable and had the same issue you described. I then switched to a different cable and it worked after.

May 24, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #4,029 of 13,478
What USB c cable are u using? When I first got the dx220 I tried using it with the included cable and had the same issue you described. I then switched to a different cable and it worked after.
I’m using a Nekteck usb-c cable on my Windows 10 machine, and an Anker cable on my Mac.
On Windows, the drive appears momentarily then disappears when u navigate the folders. On the Mac, the drive doesnt appear at all.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #4,031 of 13,478
Was trying to clean a stain with leather cleaner. Bad idea.
wqJcDx5mA4Q8Yt3R9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VhbXKzR5rMJt53eNA

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #4,032 of 13,478

My unit pop when at the start of every song too.

May 24, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #4,033 of 13,478
I actually tried another cable too, but I forgot the brand and that too didn't work. The only type c that worked was my oem pixel cable. Not sure...maybe you have a different problem...
Ok, let me try again.
I noticed that the internal drive shows up reliably on Windows but not the SD card.
If the SD card appears, navigating it in File Explorer will cause it to disconnect.
I'll format the card in DX220 and try again, thanks.

May 24, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #4,034 of 13,478
I don’t own the DX220 just a heads up but yeah 30 mins of screen time and losing 3% sounds fairly reasonable to me. Just my opinion though :)
Yep, pixels require energy as does any CPU/RAM cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back